The MathML XML Schema
The MathML 3 XSD Schema
The MathML3 XSD Schema is a non normative grammar derived from the
RelaxNG Schema presented in Appendix A of the MathML 3 specification.
This is the top level file. It includes several other
files, corresponding to the constituent schema as described in appendix A.
These files may be be browsed on line.
A zip file including all the separate xsd files.
Older Releases of the MathML XSD Schema
Home - MathML DTD
This is the home of the MathML 2.0 XML Schema from the MathML Working
All the details needed to use it should be covered in appendix
A of MathML 2.0,
This schema is not normative. It is only provided as a tool to
validate MathML instances, without any guarantee on the accuracy of the
results. This version will be updated gradually to incorporate corrections or
The schema files are available for download as a tgz
archive, or can be browsed on line.
- 2004/05/14: added e-notation to allowed type values, as reported
- 2003/08/19: added new values for notation attrib of menclose
- 2003/06/22: better content checking for mmltiscripts
- 2003/06/20: removed deprecated fn
- 2003/04/08: remove ambiguous content model and extra schemaLocation attributes
- 2003/02/13: fixed ambiguous content model with interval
- 2002/12/12: initial check-in