This page explains how to add ITS 2.0 WYSIWYG editing functionality to the XML editor oXygen. Currently the functionality is available for working with DocBook files, version 5.0. It is maintained by Felix Sasaki.
- The functionality has been tested with oXygen version 15.1.
- The following ITS 2.0 data categories are implemented: Translate, Localization Note, Terminology, Text Analysis, Locale Filter, Allowed Characters
- The WYSIWYG functionality includes only addition or removal of local ITS 2.0 attributes for the above data categories. No ITS 2.0 processing (locally or globally) is involved.
- The implementation makes use of other software resources:
First step: get the files
- for oXygen 15.1 the ZIP file File:Its2-in-oxygen15.1-for-docbook5.zip.
- for oXygen 15.2 the ZIP file File:Its2-in-oxygen15.2-for-docbook5.zip.
Second step: install the files
Put the files into the following directories. All of these are subdirectories of the oXygen distribution.
- its2-24-white.png into oxygen/frameworks/docbook/
- docbook5.framework into oxygen/frameworks/docbook/ . NOTE: this will override the docbook5.framework file that is provided with the original oXygen distribution. It is recommended that you make a copy of that file so that you can restore the original.
- docbook_its2.css into oxygen/frameworks/docbook/css/
- dbits.rng into oxygen/frameworks/docbook/5.0/rng/
Create a DocBook file and do WYSIWYG editing
Start oXygen and create a DocBook 5.0 file. The video available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x6AH3JdjY4 shows how to work with the WYSIWYG mode, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zIW6blF5k shows how text analysis markup is generated. Here a short summary:
- Right click and choose the ITS2 Add context menu to add ITS attributes to the parent element of the cursor position.
- Right click and choose the ITS2 Remove" context menu to remove ITS attributes from the parent element of the cursor position.
- The menus will appear only if there is something to add (that is if the attribute(s) in question s are not already set) or if there is something to remove.
- For adding attributes to selected text content (that is, inserting a new element), do the following:
- Press CTRL+1 to add Translate information.
- Press CTRL+2 to add Localization Note information.
- Press CTRL+3 to add Terminology information.
- Press CTRL+4 to add Text Analysis information.
- Press CTRL+5 to add Allowed Characters information.
- Press CTRL+6 to add Locale Filter information.
- To autogenerate ITS 2.0 Text Analysis markup, right click and choose Automatic text analysis.
- To get a WYSIWYG visualization of the ITS 2.0 information, choose the DocBook ITS2 style from the Styles menu.
Where to go from here
A list of implementations that consume DocBook or other XML documents or HTML5 documents with ITS 2.0 information is available here: ITS Implementations. Further use cases of ITS 2.0 are described here: Use cases - high level summary.