At SVG F2F Sydney January 2012, the SVG WG resolved to "work on a proposal for a Web Animation spec that underlies SVG and CSS Animations" . Following is a preliminary attempt to define the goals and requirements of such a specification.
- A proposal for allowing CSS Animations to target SVG attributes
- Differences between CSS Animation and SVG Animation
- What would be required for CSS Animations to achieve feature parity with SVG Animations
- Some of the limitations with SVG Animations
- Provide a unified platform for authoring animation on the Web
- As far as possible, maintain backwards compatibility with existing CSS Animations and SVG Animations specifications
- Extend the capabilities of animation on the Web platform
- Provide a consistent scripting API for animation
Please see the separate Use cases page.
Please see the Meetings page.
See Requirements page.