CSS Masking level 2
From Effects Task Force
Ideas for the next level of CSS Masking
People complain about <clipPath> references because of multiple problems:
- <clipPath> does not have objectBoundingBox and therefore doesn't scale with the clipped element.
- There is no way to define a preserveAspecRatio and/or a viewBox. example.
General clip-path related complains:
- There is no path() function.
- Path data string does not have units.
- no inverse clipping path
- multiple clip-paths which can be used in combination to form one clipping path