WebCGM teleconf
29 Apr 2009


See also: IRC log


Dave, Lofton, Stuart, Rob, Don, Forrest, Ulrich, Thierry




<scribe> Scribe: Dave

<tmichel> coming in a couple of minutes

<lofton> minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0028.html

roll call 10:00am ET

Thierry should be here soon and benoit?

Closure of technical issues

<lofton> gOE(text) wording: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0032.html

Lofton proposed wording and Benoit proposed a little modification

Have everyone a chance to read current proposed wording?

Rob: Similarly, the full horizontal extent of the glyph cell for the particular glyph -- as distinct from actual drawn extents of the glyph -- corresponds to the glyph's horizontal advancement value (WX) in the font databases of @@WebCGM's core thirteen fonts

<bbezaire> should we wait to have this conversation?

Rob seems to be not entire clear that it means the sum of each glyph cell width

<bbezaire> who's the minute taker?

Dave is taking minutes

<bbezaire> ah, sorry

I think what probably isn't clear is that it is the SUM of the glyph cell widths (WX) in the current wording

I'm not speaking because I seem to break up when I talk on the speaker phone and I can't pick up the phone because I'm scribe

<lofton> pgph 5: "The object extent of the text string is he minimal axis-aligned bounding rectangle that contains all the glyph cells."

Para 5 covers dave's question

<stuart> I am okay with the proposed wording.

Resolved: adopted wording proposed by Benoit

Lofon: any more unresolved technical issues?

<lofton> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-DOM.html#styleprop-table

Rob: on style properties, how do we know that we are overriding character height?

text-size also overrides the restricted text box

Rob: no issue after reading carefully

No one remembers any more technical issues outstanding for 2nd LC WD

Review of TC's Test Suite progress

issue: setRedraw002 status? (UL & FC)

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-19 - SetRedraw002 status? (UL & FC) ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/19/edit .

Forrest: believe it is ok to move it to approval

Forrest has sent a msg to the TC list indicating that it is ok to approve

Forrest's message: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00146.html

issue: fix transformAPS test (UL)

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-20 - Fix transformAPS test (UL) ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/20/edit .

Forrest sent a message for approval: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00148.html

issue: fix metrics of gOE and gOET (SG)

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-21 - Fix metrics of gOE and gOET (SG) ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/21/edit .

Forrest sent a message for approval: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00147.html

issue: validation of gOE.html?

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-22 - Validation of gOE.html? ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/22/edit .

Stuart thinks he has resolved this issue: Stuart needs to send a message to the list for document

<bbezaire> be right back...

Stuart will sent it to the TC list

there is still a potential issue with Fill Offset dealing with static view that we will have to look at later

Lofton: There is some cleanup work that needs to be done on all the tests to align meta tags in the html, doctypes for aci's, and resolve lime/approved issues

The TC will get a volunteer to take care of the cleanup

<bbezaire> I'm back

Rob: are the DTD's in the OASIS space?

<lofton> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/att-0018/WebCGM21-Config_conform_20090425.html

Don will take care of putting the corrrect Doctypes in the aci files.

Lofton: I doesn't look like the correct DTDs are in the OASIS space

<scribe> ACTION: Lofton to coordinate with Mary to get the correct versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Coordinate with Mary to get the correct versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [on Lofton Henderson - due 2009-05-06].

Doctype should look like:

<!DOCTYPE webcgmConfig PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.1 Config//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd">

<lofton> <!DOCTYPE webcgmConfig PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.1 Config//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd">

Rob and Lofton will analyze the lime/approved test to docuement what the issues are

Anything else?

<stuart> not that I can think of.

Future assignments

Don to update aci files

Stuart is going to put on the next TC meeting for assign someone to handle meta tage

Lofton and Rob will sort through lime/approved test

Lofton to update spec and highlight updated sections (turning off pre-1stLCWD highlighting).

Lofton will coordinate with OASIS TC admin to get aci DTD put into proper location

Stuart volunteered to update the meta tage in the html after Lofton and Rob check the other line items

Review of proposed progression

We seem to be pretty much on schedule

Looking to start 2nd LC review to start on May 26th and run for 4 weeks

Shooting for July for implementations to support the 2 implementation support requirement

Lofton: thoughts about mid/late July for a f2f to resolve 2nd LC and implementation requirements
... it looks promising that we will have the implementation in place
... we need to put a tentative meeting on the calendar and nail down the dates during May.

Shoot for mid/late July

Adjorn at 11:25 AM ET

<lofton> Thanks to everyone for the "push" to keep us on schedule!!!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Lofton to coordinate with Mary to get the correct versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/04/29 16:14:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Dave
Inferring ScribeNick: Dave
Present: Dave Lofton Stuart Rob Don Forrest Ulrich Thierry
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0031.html
Got date from IRC log name: 29 Apr 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html
People with action items: lofton

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.
[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]