Welcome to Arena beta-2
Arena beta-2 is a prerelease that comes with bugs and
shortcomings. Its primary purpose is to be a testbed browser for
HTML3, style sheets and the W3C library of common code. Binaries for
beta-2b are only available for a limited
selection of platforms at this point, but source
code is available if you want to compile for yourself.
An internationalized version of Arena has been done by
You can dowload their source code.
Prerelease beta-3 is now available
Arena's support for style sheets is now lagging behind the CSS specification. The links below
will still work, but don't llok to close at the syntax behind the
- Arena is now using libwww4, and the form support is almost complete (POST is available).
- An embryo of external communication with other application has been implemented. The first application that uses this is browser-history.
- A very experimental style sheet editor has been implemented using forms.
- Arena now supports the new PNG graphics format (Thanks to Dave Beckett (D.J.Beckett@ukc.ac.uk) who is responsible for all PNG code in Arena!) More PNG images
- 16-bit support (Thanks to Greg Roelofs (email@example.com)!)
- Button 2 shows the URL of the targeted document.
- History popup menu on button 3. (Thanks to Janet Boltjes!)
- Correct handling of HTML comments (Thanks to Michael Van Biesbrouck (firstname.lastname@example.org)!)
- A new command line option to use own colormap: arena -cm.
- beta-2a released.
- beta-2b released.
Lots of bugs have been fixed, many new ones have been added:
- inline images use the "sandy" background instead of the document's
- some bugs in some tables
- some new bugs in figs.