28 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Feng_Zhang, Maria_Poveda, Yongjing_Zhang, Zoltan_Kis, Achille_Zappa, Fernando_Serena, Victor_Charpenay, DarkoAnicic, Achille, Zappa
Daniel, dape


<kaz> scribe: Daniel

<scribe> scribe: dape

<kaz> scribenick: dape

SK: goes over agenda
... action items
... break out sessions in Osaka
... TD model discussion (report from call this week)
... Zoltan joined call.. overview about management discussion
... any other agenda point?

Action Items

SK: TD and semantic annotations?

DP: started issue on JSON schema
... Victor plans to add example to make our point even clearer

SK: plan to have more concrete proposal for Osaka
... next AI is about namespaces in TD

<MariaPoveda> there is an issue about this https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/3

<sebastian> next issue https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/3

SK: Confusion whether we need year and month in namespace
... it seems the reserved name is fine
... I am missing the discussion which vocabulary goes in which NS
... we need clarification with that regard

Maria: use Excel file so far..
... it seems that WoT NS is the only one necessary
... rest can be out of WoT TD

<MariaPoveda> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10GeoL3k8set82bIhACUUM2jEKb7h-1WKRujUO7t_tE4/edit

Maria: will point to this spreadsheet in github

SK: another possibility would be to create PR by for example creating subfolder with examples etc cetera

DP: question about evolution of TD vocabulary.. no mean to indicate change with year/month

Maria: what I have seen that main NS points to latest version
... one with version and one without year/month

SK: Might be an issue for already deployed devices

Maria: Let's look at what spatial data people are doing

Fernando: if one need specific version.. need to add month/year... of not use canonical version
... will add my comments to github issue

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri

Kaz: W3C has guidelines

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-wot-td-minutes.html

Kaz: recommendation is YYYY/MM ... /ns etc is fine also
... will check within W3C team also
... should clarify our requirements first

SK: Fernando suggests to have both... canonical uri points to latest YYYY/MM uri

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description

Kaz: we don't usually configure a link from canonical namespace uri to dated namespace uri need to check, though. btw, maybe using "www.w3.org/ns/wot-thing-description" as the namespace URI would make sense because we use "wot-thing-description" for the TD GitHub repository

SK: please use issue to share your view

breakout sessions in Osaka

ach kaz

SK: I initiated 3 topics


SK: 1. TD model reflection (What is missing? How about the security and lifecycle aspect?)
... we have to think about security and life cycle
... 2. Data type with semantic annotation based on JSON Schema
... would like to have a concrete proposal till Osaka

<kaz> s

SK: 3. start discussion about TD serializations
... collect ideas about what serialization...requirements etc cetera
... please add comments/topics

Darko: Victor and myself discussed SSN ontology... which will become standard soon..
... will be Breakout... also as part of TD breakout
... maybe joined breakout?

SK: To show it can e aligned? Sounds fine!

TD model discussion (cont.)

SK: good discussion on Wednesday


outcome see figure..

Maria: merging pull request still needed..

SK: model based on Marias proposal
... top class Thing: renaming took place
... in general we removed "longer" names
... also made clear that uri's MUST be of class URI etc.. not just a string
... discussed also whether zero interactions make sense
... seems the case given that there might be a simple "overall" TD with just base information without actual interactions
... similar renaming took place in other places

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/28 07:14:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/namespace uri and URL might be different.../we don't usually configure a link from canonical namespace uri to dated namespace uri/
Succeeded: s/need to check though/need to check, though. btw, maybe using "www.w3.org/ns/wot-thing-description" as the namespace URI would make sense because we use "wot-thing-description" for the TD GitHub repository/
Succeeded: s/1. Data type with semantic annotation based on JSON Schema/2. Data type with semantic annotation based on JSON Schema/
Succeeded: s/rrsagent, draft minute//
Succeeded: s/sK:/SK:/
Succeeded: s/Pull request/merging pull request/
Present: Kaz_Ashimura Sebastian_Kaebisch Daniel_Peintner Feng_Zhang Maria_Poveda Yongjing_Zhang Zoltan_Kis Achille_Zappa Fernando_Serena Victor_Charpenay DarkoAnicic Achille Zappa
Found Scribe: Daniel
Found Scribe: dape
Found ScribeNick: dape
Scribes: Daniel, dape

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 28 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/28-wot-td-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]