Efficient XML Interchange Working Group Teleconference

08 Mar 2016

See also: IRC log


(no, one)


<scribe> scribe: TK

<scribe> scribeNick: taki

W3C TPAC 2016 - Will your group meet in Lisbon?

DP: I might also be able to join TPAC 2016.
... There is also WoT meeting the same week.
... We will need to avoid to clash with WoT meeting.

CB: What will be the status of EXI at that time?
... I wonder if we really need a meeting given that we are a small group now.

DP: If we don't meet, do we want to have a breakout session to discuss about the future of EXI?

CB: We need to do more outreach to other people.
... We need to justify for the work of EXI2. We need more users.
... WoT is IG now. We can move the work and continue there.
... Some group have moved from one to another.
... Or we can recruit people from other group.
... It is hard to predict. We can hold a room for now, and need to think what would be agenda at TPAC.
... AC meeting will happen soon.

DP: I will talk to AC on this.
... WoT is more interested in what is already there.


DP: Schema for JSON. 5th version of json-schema.

<dape> New Discussions on GH w.r.t. JSON Schema: https://github.com/json-schema/json-schema/issues/167#issuecomment-193802112

DP: There are some efforts going on at Github to renew JSON schema.
... Currently, I have two API. Typed API, and the other creates and reads JSON.

Canonical EXI

DP: Following xml:space preserve in typed encoding.
... We should try to make users aware about the consequence of settings.
... In schema-less, we can require implementations to preserve all whitespaces.

<dape> https://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/docs/canonical/canonical-exi.html#whitespaceHandling

TK: What do we do for mixed content whitespaces?

DP: The current rules are simple. It removes whitespaces when xml:space is default.
... Do we have any other issues?




TK: I think issue 109 has been handled already.
... 108 is also from JS, and we handled it already.

DP: Issue 100. It is covered in section 4.2.2.

<scribe> ACTION: DP to check Issue 100 to see Canonical EXI section 4.2.2 properly handles it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-exi-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-736 - Check issue 100 to see canonical exi section 4.2.2 properly handles it [on Daniel Peintner - due 2016-03-15].

TK: After we resolve those issues, we can focus on testing.

New EXI 2.0 items

DP: We started creating documents about shared string.
... Change to default values for strings.
... The number of string entries and length.
... ED was pointing to the same issue. FastInfoset seems to be setting a limit.
... We should also think about plugging in new compression algorithms.
... Google seems to have published one recently.

<dape> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotli

DB: If you allow variations in standard, we may lose consistency and reliability, also patent policy.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: DP to check Issue 100 to see Canonical EXI section 4.2.2 properly handles it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-exi-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/03/08 16:37:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/have to/have two/
Found Scribe: TK
Found ScribeNick: taki
Present: (no one)

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Mar 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-exi-minutes.html
People with action items: dp

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]