HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

21 Jan 2016

See also: IRC log


IanPouncey, JS, Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Judy, LJWatson, Liam, MarkS, Sadecki, chaals
judy, Liam


Identify Scribe

<MarkS> Happy New Year Janina!

<Judy> scribe: judy

JS: quorum check

LQ: bounce check

JB: are there updates to share for the record, and in case people have questions?

JS: yes. we had quite a few comments on MSE. the TF generally agreed with the approach proposed.

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2016Jan/0005.html

JS: we finally sent comments on behalf of APA and this TF. Link above.
... wanted to note that some of the very helpful lang in the comments came from Apple.
... regarding approaches for making the chart accessible, via longdesc..
... and noted some other general comments on the diagram.

JB: Perhaps review the pending action items, and confirm the intent to send reminders on those, and see if there are questions from those here?

JS: Need the details from agenda... bringing that up
... On alt doc update, still waiting for info from ARIA progress

JB: how move that?

JS: following next ARIA update in Feb
... Accessibility API -- waiting to hear from Cynthia whether CG progress

JB: Same status for a while, I think -- I'll ask her

<scribe> scribe: Liam


JS: waiting decisions, came up in APA yesterday


awaiting enhancements to the spec from Charles

<Judy> JB: reads from list of "present"


status uncertain

<Judy> JS: Not an indication of who's actually on the call

work statement

JS: I propose update work statement to the new working groups and no other changes

(APA and web platform)

any other business?

next meeting feb 4th

[scribe could not hear Charles]

<chaals> [I filed some issues on HTML spec in github]

<chaals> [I also have some test cases with some results: https://chaals.github.io/accesskey/tests/index.html ]


<chaals> [Could use more results there, and maybe even more test cases]

<MarkS> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/created_by/chaals

<MarkS> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/created_by/chaals

<MarkS> s/https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/created_by/chaals/

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/01/21 16:24:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/accessible/accessible, via longdesc./
Succeeded: s/JB/JS/
WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/created_by/chaals/
Found Scribe: judy
Inferring ScribeNick: Judy
Found Scribe: Liam
Inferring ScribeNick: liam
Scribes: judy, Liam
ScribeNicks: Judy, liam
Present: IanPouncey JS Janina Joanmarie_Diggs Judy LJWatson Liam MarkS Sadecki chaals

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 21 Jan 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/01/21-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]