07 Jan 2016

See also: IRC log


tzviya, janina



s/agenda/agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpub-aria/2016Jan/0000.html

publication schedule

tzviya: current schedule is DPUB-ARIA goes to CR in Feb

<MichaelC> ARIA publication planning

michael: pushing DPUB out a few months is not much of an issue

markus: we want another WD before CR
... we are hoping to adopt @role in 3.1 wholesale. 3.1 comes to a close later this year
... DPUB-ARIA does not need to be rec at that point, but it needs to be close
... What is minimum time for WD?

michael: we try to give 6-8 weeks

markus: If we get new WD out in March, +2 months for review, and CR work in May

micahel: WD in March would be psuedo last call, so we should be cautious with it

markus: we need to be sure that all the uses of epub:type are covered

michael: do you expect that you'll be able to meet CR exit requirements with new roles?

markus: same as all the other roles

ivan: How does this connect to mapping?

michael: for now the mapping document is tied to core testing

tzviya: changes to DPUB-ARIA need to be reflected in DPUB-AAM

michael: assign actions to joseph/rich. May resurrect some sanity checking tools to automate the process

tzviya: talk to rich about AAM schedule

Additional roles essential to the future of EPUB

tzviya: We will add a few roles to ensure that epub:type can be comfortably replaced

matt: we need some clarity on best move forward for *ref

ivan: I haven't seen discussion about rel vs. links since TPAC. Where has this been discussed?

micahel: discuss with HTML TF or APA

tzviya: there is an issue on DPUB GH requesting yet more *ref (tableref etc). Hesitate to add more, but we need more

Janina: Need to look at support for rel

Ivan: That is one issue, but also look at who owns the registry
... and look at clashes

michael: there is concern about overloading as well

markus: please add us to an APA call so that we can raise this issue once and for all

janina: set for APA on 20 Jan and HTML TF on 21 Jan
... it would be useful due forensic reading in advance

moving "doc-footnote" into core

markus: let's not worry about it for ARIA 1.1
... We can deal with it in ARIA 1.2 and create an aliasing scheme in DPUB-ARIA if need be

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/01/07 14:45:04 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/agenda/agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpub-aria/2016Jan/0000.html
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tzviya
Inferring Scribes: tzviya
Present: tzviya janina

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 07 Jan 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/01/07-dpub-aria-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]