HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

06 Aug 2015

See also: IRC log


janina, paulc, Joanmarie_Diggs, Mark, Sadecki, LJWatson, Ian, Pouncey
Judy, Liam


<trackbot> Date: 06 August 2015

Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

<janina> Your theory proves out, imo

<paulc> Are we expecting Rich today?

<scribe> scribe: MarkS

Agenda Edits & Additions

JS: anything to add to agenda today?

Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Mark, Janina, Paul, PLH

JS: Rich is not here, but he did give us an update. We reduced the number of tests that were failing.
... locating email from Rich

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Aug/0006.html

JS: looks like we have a few more bugs but we are making progress

PC: correct on the bugs. Wondering if we have enough CR evidence to move forward (implemenations)
... the general consensus from Rich and PLH was that chrome had a bug but it didn't stop us from advancing. but that may have changed. I think we need a new high level summary.

JS: The bugs we have found seem to be small implementation bugs, nothing that would bring into question implementability

PC: I need to get confirmation so I can get started on a transition request. Need to know if there are any blockers.
... PLH is on vacation, haven't been able to reach him. I will follow up with Rich on this.

Transcript Support Update -- Chaals

JS: chaals has been working on draft of transcript support. plan to move forward as an extension.
... need to determine if its ready for FPWD
... Leonie has taken a look and thinks it is.
... Chaals thinks it is ready
... please take a look on the list and respond if there are any concerns.
... Will need to run this through PF and HTML
... CFC

PC: I will look through this as well to see what shape it is in.
... there is an issues list. are they in Github? Trying to find repo for this.

LW: Its still in chaals repo. if we agree this is ready for FPWD, we can move it into W3C space

JS: we will need it in W3C space with boilerplate before putting out the CFC

PC: need to identify a short name as well. propose html-transcript

JS: agreed

LW: let me get the link to chaals repo

<LJWatson> The repo for Transcript is here: https://github.com/chaals/html-transcript

PC: I'm not sure we need to move it to run it through CFC, but we DO need a stable URL.

JS: Makes sense

PC: What we need is a candidate FPWD for review.

JS: Some of this can be performed by Liam. We will pull all these pieces together.
... anything else on transcript?

Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam

JS: Neither shane nor Liam is here. Anyone else have a status update or any discussion points?
... hope we can move forward on this fairly soon.
... file bugs if you have any issues.

Tab Panels Update -- Leonie, Et Al

LW: no update
...Summary: there is some disagreement amongst editors about next steps. Considering incubator groups for comments and discussion. Considering a blog post to introduce it and invite discussion.

JS: doing both is another option

LW: trying to figure out how much of an introduction we want to put up before we put it out for comment

Web Payments Accessibility Followup

JS: follow from last week's discussion. we had action items. Facilitators have not yet met to discuss options, next steps. Everyone should review last week's minutes to get the background on this.
... Web Payments group is looking forward to working with us on this.
... need to start thinking of the accessibility issues, user requirements.
... much like Media Accessibility User Requirements
... probably be a sub-group of us that starts to work on this.
... comments or questions?

<paulc> Proposed Web Payments WG charter was sent out for review yesterday: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/payments-wg-charter

PC: the WP WG Charter was sent out yesterday to the AC for review.
... the TF or sub-group may want to take a look at this.

JS: We will do that.

Bug Triage -- Leonie

LW: still in holding pattern until we find out how the HTML spec work is going to evolve.
... have been in discussion with Robin who is in collaboration with others.

JS: should we still keep this on the agenda?

LW: yes, i think we should.

TF Open Actions http://w3.org/wai/pf/html/track

ACTION-330, get matrix to shane on JF

JS: I will follow up with JF on that

ACTION-329 Media Descriptons topic on chaals

JS: chaals is not here

ACTION-324 is still open

ACTION-318 on Cyns to work with Leonie on Web Driver work. still open

CS: LW, how does OCT 15 sound for a discussion

LW: sounds good

trackbot, close ACTION-260

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-260.

CS: Leave my remaining actions active. I will either make progress or update if OBE

Other Business

CS: any movement on Web Apps / HTML Charter?

JS: Chaals is not here, Leonie? Paul?

LW: Went to AC for review wednesday of last week. It's open until Thursday 9/10

Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Mark, Janina, Paul, PLH

RS: Firefox, accessibility aside, their width and height are off everywhere a few pixels.

JS: nothing wrong with the spec, that is a true bug

RS: the only other think left. need to make sure the IDs are properly associated with regions all the way down to the accessibility API
... still a bug regarding clearing a hit region. its a bug.

JS: Problem with spec?

RS: no, just with implementation. can't prove until that gets fixed.
... i see no problems with the spec

PC: have you updated the test results?

RS: only to the list, not on the wiki

PC: we will need that to happen before we can move forward.

<paulc> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Aug/0011.html for our questions

PC: if this group agrees that none of the artifacts block progress, I think i have all we need except for just the test report.
... will need to follow up with PLH regardless, but if that can be done in the next week, that would be great.

RS: really hope Dominic acknowledges the bug and fixes the harness to verify

PC: PLH may be out for 3 weeks

RS: I will follow up with dominic and try to update the test results this week.

PC: then respond on list, and I will follow up with PLH and we can move forward.

RS: the end is in sight though!


sure, I have until 12:00

then hard stop

calling in a minute

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/08/06 15:45:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/chaos/chaals/
Succeeded: s/there/their/
Found Scribe: MarkS
Inferring ScribeNick: MarkS
Present: janina paulc Joanmarie_Diggs Mark Sadecki LJWatson Ian Pouncey
Regrets: Judy Liam
Found Date: 06 Aug 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/08/06-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]