HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

23 Jul 2015

See also: IRC log


Janina, liam, Joanmarie_Diggs, paulc, Plh, Judy, JF
liam, janina


<trackbot> Date: 23 July 2015

Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

<scribe> scribe: liam

<scribe> scribenick: liam

<scribe> scribe: liam

Agenda Edits & Additions


Bug Triage -- Leonie

[Leoni not here]

Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Mark, Janina, Paul, PLH

Rich: down to two particular issues

plh made a clarification on a test case, resolved

and he gave me a defect to route to Dominic

plh: I will make some edits to the spec as a consequence

should not effect implementations

JS: still expecting success in going to Rec including hit regions, a big win for accessibility!

Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam

<janina> scribe: janina

liam: Updated doc to review

<liam> https://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/

Liam: Not yet finished, still some coordination to do
... Still examples with errors that need cleanup
... Very much wanting review
... Please leave comments either on github, bugzilla, or email

<liam> high level review of document would be fabulous, the examples are in flux partly as a result of today's first review

<paulc> Could the document indicate what part of HTML5 the material will be used to update?

<liam> liam: yes, thank you for pointing that out, good suggestion, will do.

<paulc> What is the 2nd document you mentioned?

<liam> alt doc currently links to an external page on WAI

Liam: We currently have a 30 page doc describing one attribute.
... I propose to take about 20 of those pages to a "more info" external doc
... Basic need expressed from a cms developer's comment: "Give me the basics"

<liam> JS: get the write up right and then figure out the exact split

<paulc> I just put the HTML of the document into MSFT Word and it finds a lot of obvious spelling errors. Do you want me to forward those problems?

<liam> paulc, sure, email to liam@w3.org

<paulc> I will try to find time later today.

<liam> janina: good progress

Transcript Support Update -- John, Chaals, Cynthia

<liam> JS: I think a couple of weeks ago Charles cleaned up his draft

<liam> comments are welcome - email, bugzilla

<liam> John: yes. Was not looked at during the F2F

<liam> The problem we have is that we haven't narrowed down the options

<liam> First draft still has the different options

<liam> Intent was to get feedback on what made sense

<liam> JS: We still haven't heard which tech approach the media folks want

<liam> JF: we did get some feedback at F2F at Microsoft in late Spring

<liam> so now choice of element/attribute names, and whether the pattern makes sense

<liam> JS: who is making the decisions?

<liam> JF: we need feedback from browser vendors, from implementors, in yes we can support it or no, not interested

<liam> JF: when we left Redmond we had one or two things; Charles brought back some things we kinda rejected but didn't want to lose

<liam> Maybe a proof of concept in JS

<liam> JS: I'm trying to find that someone, who will [help us move forward]

<liam> I think our position is we don't care on the mechanism as long as it will get support

<liam> JF: yes

<paulc> Have you considered taking the proposal to the WICG via http://discourse.wicg.io/?

<liam> paulc: Charles did send an email to the media TF; it has zero uptake

<liam> Don't want to take too many conclusions from that.

<liam> But I think it's because they are so busy on their current work on EME

<paulc> Charles email to Media TF: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jul/0003.html

<liam> So when you [TF] stood in front of Redmond you had a captive audience

<liam> but they're so busy on MSE and EME that it's not clear we're going to get a response

<liam> plus not clear whether this should be looked at by MSE or EME or both

<liam> so the reason I suggested you go to the CG is I think it's more likely you may get both developer input and browser input there

<liam> JS: I think that's a very helpful suggestion and explains why we're not getting feedback

Tab Panels Update

<liam> [Leoni stilll not here]

action items

<liam> JF: [no-one on the call with actions except John's, in progress]

<JF> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327

<liam> PLH: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327 is done

close action-327

<trackbot> Closed action-327.

Other Business

<liam> Judy: As we head into August it can be useful to plan across upcoming weeks and confirm whether we'll have critical mass to keep moving forward

<paulc> I am workiing for ALL of August.

<liam> JS: next week we have Shane to present on Web payments

<liam> very busy activity & important for a11y

<liam> bringing others to the call to help

<liam> I hope for a brief intro in email from ShaneM

<liam> So i'm incluned to believe we have basis to meet the next two weeks

<liam> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/07/23 15:36:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/scrine/scribe/
Succeeded: s/orc/org/
Succeeded: s/notin/not in/
Succeeded: s/Nut/But/
Found Scribe: liam
Inferring ScribeNick: liam
Found ScribeNick: liam
Found Scribe: liam
Inferring ScribeNick: liam
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: liam, janina
ScribeNicks: liam, janina
Present: Janina liam Joanmarie_Diggs paulc Plh Judy JF
Found Date: 23 Jul 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/07/23-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]