W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

24 Mar 2015

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 24 March 2015

<scribe> scribenick: paulc

<scribe> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0058.html

Regrets from Jerry Smith

EME and MSE heartbeat publications

paulc: There is a logjam in the EME publications. The problem is the registries getting published.

David: The shortest route would be to point to the Editors draft of the registries and delete the TR versions.

Paulc: I will make the shortest route suggestion.
... I will also suggest that the EME registry problems should not block the MSE publication.

F2F meeting

paulc: So far only 4 people have registered as attending and pal has offered to attend partially by phone.

pal: I have a conflict with NAB

paulc: David, Jerry and others have not registered yet.
... I will send out a reminder today - closure is on April 2.
... Organization of the EME F2F discussions.
... I would like to figure out how to get someone on point for each of the 15+ open issues rather than starting from a clean slate at the meeting.
... How can we get poeple to sign up for leading the discussion on each issues?

joesteele: Assigning ACTIONs seems to work

David: Let's use the wiki and indicate which items are interesting to which people

Wiki for F2F: https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda

paulc: Does anyone object to using the wiki?
... I hear silence.
... I will organize the potential topics to include the open issues and people can sign up for the ones they think need discussion.
... Do we need to consider both the old list of bugs and the GitHub issues?

davidd: Yes

<scribe> ACTION: paulc to organize potential F2F topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-80 - Organize potential f2f topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from tf [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-03-31].

Issue #39 - MediaKeyStatusMap: Replace maplike with explicit methods

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39

ACTIION-78?

ACTION-78?

<trackbot> ACTION-78 -- Mark Watson to Look into @@iterators for issue 39 -- due 2015-03-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/78

David: We need to decide on an order or decide that during implementation.
... Boris implied there might be a favorite order picked.
... We still need to define whether the order changes when you are iterating.

Mark: If you add a new item you need to know where it will appear.
... It is fine for me if you modify the iteration that it is implementation-defined what happens.

close ACTIOIN-78

close action-78

<trackbot> Closed action-78.

Mark: I will add the above ideas to the bug.

paulc: When Mark does that do we have enough for an implementation.

David: Yes

Issue #40 - replace "Distinctive Identifier" with "persistent Distinctive Identifier" where "use distinctive identifier" is false

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/40

paulc: How do we get Henri's attention for this issues.

<scribe> ACTION: paulc to contact Henri about Issue 40 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Contact henri about issue 40 [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-03-31].

Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776

ACTION-79?

<trackbot> ACTION-79 -- Jerry Smith to Draft a proposal for returning errors as per bug 26776 -- due 2015-03-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/79

action-79 is due next week

action-79 due next week

<trackbot> Set action-79 Draft a proposal for returning errors as per bug 26776 due date to 2015-03-30.

paulc: Jerry sent his regrets today and said he would have ACTION-79 done next week.

Issue #9 - Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element

paulc: Mark agreed to update issue at the last meeting.

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9

Mark: I am talking to Apple staff and we think David's suggestion should be followed
... I am working on the internal discussion and then I will update the bug

<markw> Mark: Most likely outcome is to support David's suggestion that createSession will fail if the MediaKeys is not attached to a media element for implementations which require that attachment in order to send messages

Other current issues

<markw> Mark: this allows an application to detect whether non-attached message exchange is supported

paulc: Any other issues others want to discuss?

David: None come to mind.

F2F meeting

Mark: When will we start on Wed Apr 15?

paulc: Let's start at 9:30 to permit Mark to fly in that morning.

Joe: Can we get a tour?

Paulc: I will look into a visit to the MSFT museum.

Adjournment

We adjourned at :31 mins after the hour.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: paulc to contact Henri about Issue 40 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: paulc to organize potential F2F topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015-03-24 15:32:00 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Mark/David/
Found ScribeNick: paulc
Inferring Scribes: paulc

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: BobLund David Joe Mark Microsoft aaaa aabb aacc davidd ddorwin html-media https joesteele joined markw pal paulc scribenick trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0058.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 24 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html
People with action items: paulc

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]