W3C

- DRAFT -

Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group Teleconference

13 Jan 2015

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Paul_Knapp, Kerstin_Forsberg, David_Booth, Peter_Hendler, Sajjad_Hussain, Marc, Ingeborg, Rob_Hausam, Charlie_Mead, Tony_Mallia, Lloyd_McKenzie, Guoqian, Claude_Nanjo
Regrets
Chair
David Booth and Paul Knapp
Scribe
dbooth

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 13 January 2015

<drjava> Peter hendler

<kerstin> i'm in a noisy place so will be on mute for the first 15 mins

Approve minutes

http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes_20150106

<Claude> https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853

RESOLUTION: Minutes approved unanimously

http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_Requirements

Review of action items

<scribe> ACTION: Claude to work up use case example of RDF benefit to present in San Antonio [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/06-hcls-minutes.html#action02] -- PENDING

<trackbot> Error finding 'Claude'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>.

Claude: Will show DoD federation example. Tony slides on comparing ont approaches?

FHIR Ontology Requirements

http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_Requirements

Rob: Lots of overlap between #1 and #3.

David: change #1 and #3 to split instance level from meta/ontology?

others: yes

<scribe> ACTION: David to change #1 and #3 to separate instance level from ontology level [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/13-hcls-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> 'David' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., dderour, dhansen2, dhau2, dnewman, dshotton, dwild).

David: Comments on #2?

Marc: includes extensions?

David: Yes. Needs to be more explicit?

<scribe> ACTION: Lloyd to ensure that extensions are explicitly mentioned in #2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/13-hcls-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Error finding 'Lloyd'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>.

Guoqian: Talking about FHIR instances. What does the FHIR instance include?

Paul: FHIR data would be serialized in RDF.

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> I would understand FHIR instances as an example of patient data. RDF instances as an abstract model and FHIR ontology as a vocabulary where classes and properties are defined.

Lloyd: Anything that can be a FHIR resource can be represented in RDF.

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> am I right?

Lloyd: And anything in a profile can be represented in OWL.

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> +1 Anything that can be a FHIR resource can be represented in RDF.

<Sajjad_Hussain> I think it is important not mix the two: RDF as a model vs RDF-XML as a serialization language

<Sajjad_Hussain> If I understood correctly, I think the use of RDF on FHIR instances is only using RDF-XML as a serialization language for exchange purposes

Guoqian: Suggest not using the word 'instances' when talking about FHIR.

David: need to align our terminology with existing FHIR terminology

Claude: modifying extensions wreak havoc on RDF semantics. Maybe we do a low level ont and then build one on top of that to handle modifying extensions properly

Lloyd: My expectation with #4 is tha we would provide a base translation of FHIR instances into RDF that would NOT be safe for reasoning, becuase of modifier extnesions. But we'd also define a mechanism for creating refined RDF representations that would exclude all modifiers or unknown modifiers, and that would be safe.
... So in your "reasoning safe" ontology you would exclude modifiers that you do not understand.

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> It would help if we have a wiki page for definitions (like a glossary) to list all definitions of list of terms. i.e what we mean by xxx term. As those definitions may not always following native meaning in our WG

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> Maybe start with FHIR glossary

Claude: suggest we do an initial RDF that is unsafe.

Tony: I think that would lead to a mess.

David: I think it's important to design it to be monotonic
... Dig into this in San Antonio

#5. Vocabulary Bindings

(SHOULD?) The FHIR ontology must support vocabulary bindings to code, Coding and CodeableConcept - including dealing with extensible value sets and multi-code system value sets.

Rob: I think this should MUST

Lloyd: Doing it is complicated
... Instances cannot declare vocab bindings

6. Enforce Constraints

(SHOULD?) The FHIR ontology should enforce constraints that are representable in OWL/RDF whenever possible, e.g. schema constraints, regular expressions, etc.

7. Annotation Information

(SHOULD? COULD?) In the RDFS/OWL, should expose at least minimal annotation information for display.

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> Sorry I have to leave

<Marc_Twagirumukiza> I put some comments on 9. Datatype IRIs

San Antonio

http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Tony: don't have the bandwidth to prepare

Okay, we'll drop ' Tony (on teleconference) show different ontology approaches? (NOT YET CONFIRMED) "

Claude show example of using RDF to merge and federate FHIR data?

Claude: I'll show the TAPS example.
... I will also present work from Davide Sottara on Mayo work.

ADJOURNED

s/Ont Requirments/Ontology Requirements/

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: David to change #1 and #3 to separate instance level from ontology level [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/13-hcls-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Lloyd to ensure that extensions are explicitly mentioned in #2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/13-hcls-minutes.html#action03]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Claude to work up use case example of RDF benefit to present in San Antonio [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/06-hcls-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015-01-13 18:11:56 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Topic: FHIR Ontology Requirments//
FAILED: s/Ont Requirments/Ontology Requirements/
Succeeded: s/Ont Requirements/Ontology Requirements/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: dbooth
Inferring Scribes: dbooth
Default Present: pknapp, Kerstin_Forsberg, dbooth, PeterHendler, [GVoice], Marc, Ingeborg, rhausam, Charlie, Tony, Lloyd, Guoqian, Claude, +1.469.226.aaaa
Present: Paul_Knapp Kerstin_Forsberg David_Booth Peter_Hendler Sajjad_Hussain Marc Ingeborg Rob_Hausam Charlie_Mead Tony_Mallia Lloyd_McKenzie Guoqian Claude_Nanjo
Agenda: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda
Found Date: 13 Jan 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/01/13-hcls-minutes.html
People with action items: claude david lloyd

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]