W3C

- DRAFT -

TV Control API CG

02 Sep 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Kaz, Skim, Paul, Chris, Wook, BIn, Daniel
Regrets
jcverdie
Chair
Bin_Hu
Scribe
Bin_Hu, kaz

Contents


<kaz> scribenick: Bin_Hu

chair Bin_Hu

scribe Bin_Hu

Review Open Action Items

http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/open

<kaz> action-9?

<trackbot> action-9 -- Sung Hei Kim to Link to the requirement and circulate the skeleton document -- due 2014-08-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/9

<kaz> close action-9

<trackbot> Closed action-9.

<kaz> action-10?

<trackbot> action-10 -- Bin Hu to Grant skim13 access to the github repository -- due 2014-08-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/10

<kaz> close action-10

<trackbot> Closed action-10.

Discussion by Chris and Shelly

Chris: I have re-organized the requirement of accessibility with triggered overlay requirements based on comments from Mozilla a few months ago
... It's just a small change of re-org, and all requirements are there

Review the progress of specification work

<inserted> Sun Hei's writeup

Sung_Hei: I have looked at class hierarchy of Mozilla API, Webinos API and TTA API
... In Root, both Mozilla and Webinos use TVManager
... Hierarchy looks the same, although the name of Tuner, Channel and Program classes are different
... I propose to determine the class hierarchy first, then map the requirements to different classes

Paul: regarding TVManager, are they the same functionality, or just the same name but different functionality?

Sung_Hei: they are similar functionality, and maybe slight difference.

Paul: I could help on OIPF DAE, and Hybridcast part

Kaz: should we be looking at 2.0 version of hybridcast?

Sung_Hei: we should look at newest version

Paul: the latest version of 2.0 is published only in Japanese

Kaz: we may have access to 2.0 version by registering name, company etc.

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with Yosuke and somebody from IPTVF-J about Hybridcast 2.0 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-11 - Talk with yosuke and somebody from iptvf-j about hybridcast 2.0 [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-09-09].

Sung_Hei: I suggest that we look at more specs such as hybridcast to determine the best class hierarchy
... and also look at our requirement and functions to make sure the hierarchy makes sense to our requirement and functionality

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tvapi/2014Sep/0000.html archived message

kaz: the table of APIs is not available on the archive :(

(sorry)

bin: maybe we can use Wiki to share this information
... who should check the other specs, e.g., TTA, OIPF, Hybridcast?

Paul: can look into OIPF

<scribe> ACTION: paul to look into OIPF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-12 - Look into oipf [on Paul Higgs - due 2014-09-09].

Kaz: can work with Yosuke about Hybridcast

skim13: can look into TTA

paul: and Japan Cable Labs

kaz: will ask Yosuke about that as well

http://www.jlabs.or.jp/en/eng/corp-en

http://www.jlabs.or.jp/eng/specification

JLabs SPEC-E-023 Ver.1.2

paul: JLabs SPEC-E-023 Ver.1.2 became ITU-T J296
... and it's written in English

https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-J.296/en

bin: and I'll put SunHei's table to the wiki

<scribe> ACTION: bin to create the spec table on the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Create the spec table on the wiki [on Bin Hu - due 2014-09-09].

<scribe> ACTION: kaz to work with Yosuke on cable STB spec as well [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Work with yosuke on cable stb spec as well [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-09-09].

<scribe> ACTION: Chris to label the requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Label the requirements [on Chris Needham - due 2014-09-09].

paul: anybody can edit the wiki?

bin: yes

skim13: can you check the Github configuration?

ddavis: can double check

bin: some kind of tutorial on Github would be helpful

ddavis: ok

(some discussion on github.io)

https://github.com/blog/1452-new-github-pages-domain-github-io

Next call

paul: next call?

bin: Sep. 30th

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: bin to create the spec table on the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Chris to label the requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with Yosuke and somebody from IPTVF-J about Hybridcast 2.0 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to work with Yosuke on cable STB spec as well [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: paul to look into OIPF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-09-09 21:00:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: i/http/topic: Review Open Action Items
Succeeded: s/Chris/Chris and Sherry/
Succeeded: s/alll/all/
Succeeded: s/Sherry/Shelly/
Succeeded: i|Sung Hei|-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tvapi/2014Sep/0000.html Sun Hei's writeup
Succeeded: s/the are/they are/
Succeeded: i/paul:/topic: Next call
Succeeded: i/archived message/scribenick: kaz
Found ScribeNick: Bin_Hu
Found ScribeNick: kaz
Inferring Scribes: Bin_Hu, kaz
Scribes: Bin_Hu, kaz
ScribeNicks: Bin_Hu, kaz
Default Present: Kazuyuki, +1.650.946.aaaa, Paul_Higgs, Bin_Hu, cpn, whyun, skim13_, ddavis
Present: Kaz Skim Paul Chris Wook BIn Daniel
Regrets: jcverdie
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tvapi/2014Aug/0002.html
Got date from IRC log name: 02 Sep 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/09/02-tvapi-minutes.html
People with action items: bin chris kaz paul

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]