W3C

- DRAFT -

SV_MEETING_TITLE

19 Aug 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
+1.514.525.aaaa, +1.503.342.aabb, Doug_Schepers, +1.514.525.aacc, tantek, aaronpk, evanpro, akuckartz, caseorganic, rhiaro, tommorris
Regrets
unable_to_dial_in_today, have_irc_open_to_log_but_will_be_afk.
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
aaronpk, none

Contents


<ShaneHudson> There isn't a wiki page up for tonight's telecon, is it still going ahead? (will be my first)

<barnabywalters> ShaneHudson: AFAIK it’s still going ahead, with evanpro chairing

<ShaneHudson> barnabywalters: Thanks :)

<tantek> hmm - perhaps I should create a stub then

<deiu> Regrets for today (at a conference)

<tantek> hey deiu - sorry to hear that. but while you're here, add yourself to https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people so your name is linked in the logs and has an icon!

<deiu> Just did, cool stuff!

<aaronpk> great! (the logs cache the people list for 5 min so a slight delay until you appear there)

<tantek> !tell evanpro still up for chairing today? could you add agenda at https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-08-19 ? Thanks!

<tantek> Loqi?

<aaronpk> oh no, something went horribly wrong

<aaronpk> k I think Loqi is in better shape now

<tantek> hello akuckartz, see /topic

<Arnaud> reminder: regrets for me, I'm at SemTech

<tantek> thanks for the reminder Arnaud

<evanpro> Hello everyone!

<Loqi> evanpro: tantek left you a message 1 hour, 40 minutes ago: still up for chairing today? could you add agenda at https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-08-19 ? Thanks!

<tantek> and already did since I didn't see one

<evanpro> All set, though.

<evanpro> So I'm ready to go, if you don't mind.

<tantek> evanpro - did you post an agenda somewhere else?

<evanpro> No, I think that's all we have on the agenda.

<tantek> not understanding "ready to go" absent a public agenda before the telcon

<tantek> oh ok

<tantek> I tried to guess at one based on last telcon

<tantek> hope that works!

<jasnell> list of AS 2.0 contributors names on the wiki.. based on notes posted to the AS mailing list

<tantek> jasnell URL?

<jasnell> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams#History

<jasnell> specific threads can be viewed here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/activity-streams

<jasnell> stepping away from keyboard now.

<tantek> jasnell - any progress on getting a contributor form submitted?

<tantek> that was the action from last week

<jasnell> tantek: have not yet had the opportunity to follow up, unfortunately. last week was a lot busier than I had anticipated. playing catch up this week

<jasnell> definitely have to run for now. will be back on later this afternoon

<tantek> jasnell - no problem, just needed an update like that. we can continue that action to next week then.

<evanpro> It looks like we don't have a lot of business today, so maybe we can keep it down to 30 minutes

<aaronpk> zakim where did you go?

<evanpro> All right, let me see if I remember how to summon the daemons

<evanpro> tantek: is it RSSAgent we need to call?

<evanpro> OK, was that too early or too late?

<ShaneHudson> I get 'Address Not Found', so I don't think it is ready to call in yet?

<evanpro> SOCL?

<ShaneHudson> 1-617-761-6200 is right?

<tommorris> Will be on in a sec

<evanpro> Zakim: aacc is evanpro

<shepazu> ShaneHudson, yes, 1.617.761.6200, code 7625

<tantek> who is calling in from 503?

<aaronpk> Zakim: aabb is aaronpk

<tantek> who is calling in from 514?

<evanpro> Me

<aaronpk> did that work?

<aaronpk> i can scribe

<tantek> scribenick: aaronpk

evanpro: abbreviated agenda for today. scheduled for the full hour but let's see if we can finixh in a half hour

<tantek> +1 to finishing early :)

reviewing past action items

<tantek> who just joined?

<akuckartz> me

as of this afternoon, jasnell has collected the list of contributors to AS 2.0 from the mailing list and is tryign to nail down the contributions

<tantek> who just joined?

<rhiaro> I might have joined but I can't hear anything

there was work from james to get forms for the non-w3c contributors btu that's going to take another week

<tommorris> I try and dial it from Skype and just get "Call ended – invalid phone number"

additional past action items: there is a page on the wiki so that you can show up correctly in the IRC logs

take a few minutes to add yourself to the irc people page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people

<akuckartz> https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people

open survey to find a permanent meeting time

we had set a goal last week for the chairs to pick a day last friday

tuesday 3pm UTC (8am pacific, 11am eastern). the issue is it's a little early for pacific timezones

the next best time is Monday at 10am

or tuesday at 10am (current regular time)

<tantek> (correction: current regular time is 1pm Pacific)

<tantek> who just joined?

<ShaneHudson> I'm attempting to, can't hear anything though

if we want to have our first official telcon next week we need to send out the notice 7 days in advance

major concern was making sure all the chairs could make it. arnout and evan are east coast US time

<ShaneHudson> Ok I am in, not sure what number I am though

tantek can make tuesday at 10am. monday at 10am only if we can have a consistently shorter meeting time (45 minutes)

<evanpro> Arnaud: can you do Monday at 10AM?

<tommorris> anyone know why calling +16177616200 from Skype is giving me "invalid phone number"?

tuesday at 10am pacific is the current best option

1pm eastern, 5pm UTC

<evanpro> We'll do our official conference calls at 5PM UTC

<Loqi> tantek meant to say: who just joined?

<shepazu> (I won't be able to join those calls, because I have a conflict, but I understand it's hard to find a good time)

thanks tantek

<ShaneHudson> I think that should be fine for me

<scribe> closed issue with official meeting time is now: 5pm UTC, 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific

ACTION for evanpro send out an official invite for the new meeting time

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

<scribe> new business

any new completed applications submitted? evanpro hasn't seen any new applications yet

evanpro was going to go through the list of current w3c members to find organizations actively working on social software or have a strong interaction with social software. has a list he will post on the wiki this afternoon

goal is to go through whatever official channels exist to solicit participation from those companies

would appreciate if anyone else would look at the members list

to review and/or add new people

<evanpro> Zakim: q?

<tantek> http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2014-08-19 is looking great

<scribe> new business from evanpro: first official telcon next week. anything else we need to do to prepare for that?

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: edit the schedule on the wiki

<tantek> who just joined?

<tommorris> P7 == me

chair for next week?

Arnaud unless he can't make it, then tantek is backup chair

scribe for next week?

so far it's worked pretty well picking a scribe at the start of the meeting

<evanpro> Zakim: ack tantek

tantek: quick note that IndieWebCamp UK in Brighton is coming up on the 6th-7th of September

<tantek> http://indiewebcamp.com/2014/UK

<tantek> 2014-09-06..07

tommorris says it's great fun, you should come :)

<tommorris> tommorris is right. ;-)

<Loqi> *sniff*

<tantek> thanks evanpro for running a quick & efficient meeting!

meeting adjourned

<akuckartz> bye!

<ShaneHudson> Ah, I was P5

heh

<ShaneHudson> Hah oh well

<tantek> scribenick: none

<MattMarum> Joining late, lurking. Have conflicts.

<evanpro> Well done!

<deiu> Quick bit of trivia: Today, 19 August, marks the anniversary of Tim Berners-Lee releasing the WWW code to the public. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.hypertext/eCTkkOoWTAY/ueoCO0-k7NgJ

<tantek> hmmm - thought that would update the minutes but apparently not

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-08-19 21:29:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/1am/1pm/
Found ScribeNick: aaronpk
Found ScribeNick: none
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <none> ...
Inferring Scribes: aaronpk, none
Scribes: aaronpk, none
ScribeNicks: aaronpk, none

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: +1.514.525.aaaa, +1.503.342.aabb, Doug_Schepers, +1.514.525.aacc, tantek, aaronpk, evanpro, akuckartz, caseorganic, rhiaro, tommorris
Present: +1.514.525.aaaa +1.503.342.aabb Doug_Schepers +1.514.525.aacc tantek aaronpk evanpro akuckartz caseorganic rhiaro tommorris
Regrets: unable_to_dial_in_today have_irc_open_to_log_but_will_be_afk.

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting


WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 19 Aug 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/08/19-social-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]