W3C

- DRAFT -

LD4LT CG

12 Jun 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
DaveLewis, Gary, Lefman, TizianoFlati, kevinkoidl, fsasaki, jgracia, roberto, Georgios_petasis, johnMcCrae, jideofor, serge, rnavigli, vroriguez
Regrets
Chair
Dave
Scribe
kevinK, kevin

Contents


roll call

<kevinK> scribe: kevinK

<fsasaki> checking attendees ...

<daveL> trackbot-ng, start telcon

<trackbot> Meeting: Linked Data for Language Technology Community Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 12 June 2014

<daveL> Meeting: LD4LT Phone call 13.00 UTC 12 june 2014

<daveL> chair: dave lewis

<daveL> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html

discuss agenda

<daveL> scribe: kevin

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html

davelewis: presenting the agenda

daveL: presenting the agenda

reviewing action items

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/

<daveL> ACTION-1: release initial use cases and requirements report

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-1 release initial use cases and requirements report.

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Seed_Use_Cases

<daveL> ACTION-2: Fill the gdocs with the current meta-share items

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-2 Fill the gdocs with the current meta-share items.

<daveL> ACTION-3: Send out information on architecture for converting (meta)data into rdf

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-3 Send out information on architecture for converting (meta)data into rdf.

daveL: discussing open actions

<fsasaki> mail describing babelnet is in the BPMLOD list, I think: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpmlod/2014Jun/0005.html . Just FYI

<fsasaki> doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/184C_AjY7_PYBSc8SnAFghGLyTo1v312N34dsP9QZokI/edit

<daveL> ACTION-4: Set up doodle poll for call time

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-4 Set up doodle poll for call time.

Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC and on meetings + events related to LD4LT

<daveL> contact: mapping of ISO data category registry into RDF in collaboration with CLARIN/ISOcat

jgracia: Menzo interested in working with the group to compare the metamodel into OWL and afterwords extract the similarity between the models (e.g. commmon minaml model)
... clarifying that this doesn not involve ISOCAT

daveL: Reporting notable LREC activities: Workshop on interoperability Services with the MLI project being an interest project which is running parallel to LIDER

<daveL> http://mli-project.eu/

daveL: MLI Projects goal is to connect Europe by supporting integration of EU based corpora
... Partners in MLI are DFKI and Tilde

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Open_Data_Management_for_Public_Automated_Translation_Services

daveL: Lifecycles that are relevant and which seems to be discussed at LREC were: Content Lifecycles, Bi-Text as Data (eg MT) and Lexical Contexctual Resources (for example BabelneT)
... Other topics were MT related taggers, tokenizers, dictionaries with different projects seeking/providing web API development

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/LD4LT_Roadmapping_Workshop_Dublin_June14

daveL: Reporting about FEISGILTT workshop
... workshop identified the pull to have API for open access to data

fsasaki: Adding that license issues are important for industry. An option would be to include licence tags into RDF. Additional use cases might grow out of those workshops

MetaShare ontology

<jgracia> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15SE4_qAqYFostmD52uKxpkCPZh1f5TrPeoXKNTlDYpQ/edit#gid=525162452

<Georgios_Petasis> I am not involved in METASHARE, but I know their work

<Georgios_Petasis> I am involved in CLARIN-EL though, where we are examining the METASHRE ontology

daveL: jgracia reporting on Metashare activities. Mapping was conducted into gDoc to make it more readable (as OWL). Here the different vocabularies of the metamodel can be found.
... next stepts might be to identify more models
... next stepts might be to identify more models and to analyse the different vocabularies that can be used

jgracia: The license model arrangment might be already in DC which would mean no new model has to be used

john: possibly introduce a tag ID (example from datahub)

<scribe> ACTION: The license model should be discussed in the next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'The'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION: John to send some examples [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> 'John' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., johnjudge, jmccrae).

<fsasaki> http://www.fao.org/aims/aos/languagecode.owl#

<scribe> ACTION: jmccrae to send examples related to licenses [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Send examples related to licenses [on John McCrae - due 2014-06-19].

<jgracia> I creaed an action https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/5 for the licenses module

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as URIs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as uris [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-06-19].

<fsasaki> dcat example here http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language - john is right, I had missed this

<vrodriguez> I do apologize for (1) having arrived that late (2) having had problems with my mic.

<vrodriguez> I am glad of contributing to the license module of the metashare

aob

<fsasaki> adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as URIs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: jmccrae to send examples related to licenses [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: John to send some examples [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: The license model should be discussed in the next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-06-12 14:01:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/TIlde/Tilde/
Succeeded: s/??/Menzo/
Succeeded: s/Feiggskill/FEISGILTT/
Succeeded: s/Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC/Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC and on meetings + events related to LD4LT/
Succeeded: s/relavent/relevant/
Found Scribe: kevinK
Inferring ScribeNick: kevinK
Found Scribe: kevin
Scribes: kevinK, kevin
Present: DaveLewis Gary Lefman TizianoFlati kevinkoidl fsasaki jgracia roberto Georgios_petasis johnMcCrae jideofor serge rnavigli vroriguez
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html
Found Date: 12 Jun 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html

WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: the license model should be discussed in the next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html#action01]

People with action items: felix jmccrae john

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]