W3C

- DRAFT -

TV Control API CG
13 May 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Chris, Alex, Gary, Gene, Gina, Shelly, Steve, Kaz, Daniel, JC, Bin, skim13, whyun
Regrets
Chair
Bin
Scribe
jcverdie

Contents


Welcome

<kaz> scribenick: kaz

(Bin provides some logistics information)

(and then introduction from the attendees)

<kaz> scribenick: jcverdie

kaz: note that this is a slightly different CG
... strong connection with Web & TV IG
... encourage to work w/ them and communicate back our results

Bin_Hu: Indeed we are some sort of fork of the Web TV IG since IGs are not supposed to create specs
... the chairs will report back to the IG

kaz: should minutes be public or not ?

Bin_Hu: I propose we make them public

kaz: +1

jcverdie: fully support public reports for this CG

<ddavis_> +1

RESOLUTION: Minutes of this CG will be made public

Editor of the specification

Bin_Hu: We had three candidates

Alex: I will tell you early next week if I can join

Bin_Hu: I would propose to balance the workload, being editor is a huge work
... I would propose to have co-editors Gene, SH and Alex

+1 for me too

RESOLUTION: Gene, SH and Alex are appointed as co-editors, with the need for Alex to get final confirmation from his employer

Bin_Hu: thanks to the three of them for taking this huge task

Discussion of Work Schedule

Gene: what is the final purpose of the API we are going to define
... We would need to have better defined use-cases to make sure we clearly identify what we are trying to achieve

Bin_Hu: Let's start from there

genelian: we have our own version but I'm not sure it's what this group wants
... @@@

http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki

Bin_Hu: I'll create a link to use-cases on this wiki page
... I'll finish the template today

<shelly> http://airpingu.github.io/tv-tuner-api/index.html

Bin_Hu: So everyone can contribute its use-cases

<shelly> hi, this is our draft of the tv api

[Shelly shares Mozilla TV API draft document]

Bin_Hu: someone mentioned webinos contribution too

<aldafu> older webinos TV Control API: http://dev.webinos.org/specifications/api/tv.html

Bin_Hu: What is a reasonable timeframe to achieve this use case gathering?

genelian: is next meeting too tight?

Bin_Hu: what about 2 months (8 weeks) timeline?
... use-cases by July 8th?
... we can revisit the schedule on June 10th depending on the progress we've made
... These use-cases will give us a good assessment of the schedule
... hopefully we have a draft by TPAC

jcverdie: what about use cases defined in web and tv IG ?
... TPAC should be our target for a first stable draft, nice timeframe to review it

kaz: CGs usually dont meet during TPAC

jcverdie: may be something like the web and broadcasting BG who does every other TPAC?

Bin_Hu: we need to check with W3C staff what we can do in term of f2f concomitants to TPAC
... I recall it happened in the past
... alternative to TPAC umbrella is to define our own meeting with our own facilities
... AT&T might be able to host it

<scribe> ACTION: kaz to get internal W3C information regarding what is possible in term of meeting during TPAC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/05/13-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]

ddavis_: last year in SZ, the second screens CG made an unofficial presentation during web and tv IG

jcverdie: what happened in SZ was an official presentation to the web and tv IG of the progress, by members of the CG who happened to be members of the web and TV IG
... what we want to achieve here is not reporting our progress but to make progress with a technical review

Bin_Hu: maybe monday before TPAC would be ok

jcverdie: be careful that AC Meeting is likely to happen the day before TPAC
... 9&10th of June there is an AC Meeting where it will be discussed
... More information to come

Bin_Hu: let's postpone the decision until we have enough information either June 10th or July 8th

<scribe> ACTION: JC Verdie to report to the group about detailed TPAC Agenda (and AC Meeting potential overlap) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/05/13-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]

Bin_Hu: I remind you that deadline for use-cases is July 8th
... we'll review progress in June

Call for contributions

Bin_Hu: the 1st one is technical use cases
... Mozilla already offered their API
... webinos ditto
... If everyone could start contributing use cases that'd be useful
... q?

AOB

[loud silence]

Bin_Hu: Thank you all
... we are adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JC Verdie to report to the group about detailed TPAC Agenda (and AC Meeting potential overlap) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/05/13-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to get internal W3C information regarding what is possible in term of meeting during TPAC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/05/13-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-05-13 14:14:36 $