31 Mar 2014


See also: IRC log


Jeanne, Jan, TomB, Jutta, Alex, [IPcaller], Tim_Boland
Jutta Treviranus


<scribe> Scribe: Jan

JT: We are gathering implementation examples
... Any updates from anyone...anything missed in potential implementations table


JR: Still the most recent version

AL: Have Word in there...

1. Candidate Recommendation (CR) process update

JS: MC did not complete this week but has made progress loading in tests
... Has released user facing pages to JS< so they can be updated
... So we are making progress
... I went through all my CSUN contacts...we have 13 confirmed testers plus 2 possible.
... Next step is to put together training meeting that we could have by phone tlo get everyone the background info, introduce to W3C process, etc
... And hopefully a tour of the tool

JT: Questions?

2. Gathering and building the "Tools and Resources Needed for Testing ATAG 2.0 Success Criteria:

Platform Accessibility Service Test Procedure

Tom: Have info on Windows, Java access bridge, ... looking for Microsoft inspect

AL: I can help with that

Web Content Accessibility Test Procedure (Level A, AA, AAA)

JR: WCAG EM isn't really what we need

TB: I could reach out to people offline?

JT: One of the MDID students has researched this

Accessible test content file (Level A, AA, AAA)

JR: Would it be ok to use HTML5 video examples?

TB: Wondering about tool support?

JS: I think it would be to our advantage

JT: Maybe we need a variety of things
... But does get complex
... Do we need further content?

JR: Please read them over: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2014JanMar/att-0048/WCAG2_HTML_Problem_File.html, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2014JanMar/att-0048/WCAG2_HTML_Problem_File_Fixed.html
... Please send over any suggestions.

3. The group will cooperate on a full test of a tool to get a sanity check on our testing procedure.

JS: OK with Tiny MCE

JT: Is it decided?

JS: Any object

JT: Hearing no objections, then we go with them?

TB: Has anyone asked them?

JT: Should we contact them?

JR: That's why I had suggested CKedit.

TB: Public and freely available
... I can take an action to give CKedit a heads up.

4. Implementation report update (Jan)

JR: Could Jeanne send me the specific items arising from CSUN?

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to Send Jan the implementation examples that were discovered at CSUN (e.g. Wordpress labelling accessibility of templates) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/31-au-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-391 - Send jan the implementation examples that were discovered at csun (e.g. wordpress labelling accessibility of templates) [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2014-04-07].

JT: Another question...wondering whether there is pressure to go beyond English language tools

JS: Its welcome but trick is how to test them

TB: This was brought up at another group.... WAI things seem to favour English

JT: They showed me a few educational tools that might qualify

JS: Great as long as we can find some catalan and spanish speakers
... Would be great

JT: m-schools tool: app development tool
... accessibility is integrated...I will send link

JR: Jeanne, you met some developers in China as well right?

JS: Yes, I need to look at my notes
... I will check with Kenny as well

JT: Thanks
... Other examples?

5. Other issues?

JT: OK thanks. And thanks Alex for checking on Microsoft tools
... Next meeting is next Monday April 7

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to Send Jan the implementation examples that were discovered at CSUN (e.g. Wordpress labelling accessibility of templates) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/31-au-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-31 18:09:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Jan
Inferring ScribeNick: Jan
Default Present: Jeanne, Jan, TomB, Jutta, Alex, [IPcaller], Tim_Boland
Present: Jeanne Jan TomB Jutta Alex [IPcaller] Tim_Boland
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2014JanMar/0049.html
Got date from IRC log name: 31 Mar 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/31-au-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]