W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Performance Working Group Teleconference

19 Mar 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
tobint, Arvind, Jain, plh
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
tobint

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 19 March 2014

Resource Priorities

Arvind: Should we move this to the W3C HTML 5.1 working group. That was the plan.

Tobin: Yes, that is the plan, but we are still making updates in the working group. Once we have the spec where we wanted we should integrate it. i've already talked with Travis on HTML5.1 to talk about moving this when we are comfortable.

Arvind: OK

Conference Call Future

Arvind: Should we stop the call? We see less people attending and perhaps email / issue tracker at the best.

Tobin: There is value in the call as well as issue tracker and email. But call helps sync

Arvind: We can keep it on the calendar.

WHATWG

Arvind: is the HTML5 spec in the W3C or WHATWG?

<plh> http://www.w3.org/html/landscape/

<plh> plh: the HTML5 spec is worked within W3C. WhATWG works on the HTML Living standard

<plh> Arvind: can we get the resource priorities, knowing that James doesn't work on it anymore?

<plh> Tobin: I'd like to move it forward but I'm busy until end of month

<plh> Arvind: why not work on it in the HTML spec?

<plh> Tobin: we have more perf expertise than in the HTML group

<plh> ... ultimately, we'd like to hand if off to the html spec folks

<plh> ... but we need more work on it first

<plh> ... I do have a weekly discussion with Travis on the progress

<plh> Arvind: we should also have a patch for the HTML5 spec

<plh> Tobin: not sure how that would work

<plh> ... I

<plh> ... will need to talk to Travis about this

<plh> Arvind: if we have the HTML 5.1 editors involved, that's fine

<plh> Tobin: ok

Beacon

Arvind: Mozilla has an implimentation.

Navigation Error Logging

Arvind: Did I miss a security meeting on Navigation Error Logging?

Tobin: Yes, we had it but had to reschedule as we had limited participation.

plh: I will resend an invite for this.

Navigation Timing / Resource Timing

plh: Can we update these specifications?

<plh> Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing

Arvind: Yes. Please do that. We haven't seen an update in a while.

<plh> ACTION: plh to update Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Update navigation timing 2 and resource timing [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2014-03-26].

close action 127

<plh> close action-127

<trackbot> Closed action-127.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: plh to update Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-19 19:33:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tobint
Inferring Scribes: tobint
Present: tobint Arvind Jain plh

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 19 Mar 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html
People with action items: plh

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]