W3C

- DRAFT -

Web and TV Media TF call

19 Feb 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Kaz, Mark_Sadecki(observer), Wu_Wei(observer), Bin, Daniel, Cyril, Sheau, Geun, Whyun
Regrets
jcverdie
Chair
Bin
Scribe
kaz

Contents


action items

action-178?

<trackbot> action-178 -- Giuseppe Pascale to Start editing a req. document for this tf -- due 2013-12-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/178

bin: action-178 is done

close action-178

<trackbot> Closed action-178.

bin: action-179 is also done

close action-179

<trackbot> Closed action-179.

action-179?

<trackbot> action-179 -- Bin Hu to Prepare a strawman gap analysis -- due 2013-12-18 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/179

action-180?

<trackbot> action-180 -- Jean-Charles Verdie to Ping giuseppe to update ai 125 -- due 2014-01-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/180

bin: should be closed as well

close action-180

<trackbot> Closed action-180.

action-182?

<trackbot> action-182 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Discuss with jc, bin about the details of how to create the cg -- due 2014-01-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/182

action-184?

<trackbot> action-184 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the tf -- due 2014-01-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/184

action-185?

<trackbot> action-185 -- Daniel Davis to Put scope of tuner api into task force wiki. -- due 2014-02-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/185

kaz: ongoing

<ddavis> https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#Tuner_Control

ddavis: where is the best place for the tuner discussion?
... a separate page? or just a section?

bin: looking at the wiki

giuseppep: should remove the comment from the "requirement"
... the requirement section itself is fine
... can be done on another page, though

bin: ok
... so our suggestion is creating a separate wiki page and remove the comments

ddavis: will do

kaz: difference between action-184 and this topic?

bin: 184 is new use cases
... 185 is tuner api requirements

kaz: got it

review the strawman IG Note

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Feb/att-0004/mediareq-src.html giuseppe's writeup

giuseppep: cross reference for use cases and requirments
... gap analysis
... and next steps

bin: (other) WGs are generating actual specs

kaz: how to deal with the Google spreadsheet?

giuseppep: can convert it to gain a file

kaz: an HTML file?

giuseppep: not sure
... might be a PDF file

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to convert the Google spreadsheet of UC/REQ to a static file [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-186 - Convert the google spreadsheet of uc/req to a static file [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2014-02-26].

[ MarkS mentions it would be better to have an HTML version for accessibility purposes ]

giuseppep: what about gap analysis?

bin: comments section of the Google spreadsheet

-> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=0 Google spreadsheet

ddavis: tuner API is the only big topic, and the others are rather small changes to the existing specs?

giuseppep: still need description on what the gaps are

bin: how to track who gave comments?

kaz: maybe can track Tracker?

bin: IG participants should take action to clarify the gaps
... if there is no motivation, we will not follow up on the gap

giuseppep: make sense
... what's next then?

bin: the next steps section

bin: we can suggest interested parties can do that
... because there is an expected CG
... the conclusion of this report itself is "Gap Analysis"

giuseppep: regarding the topic on tuner APIs, we'll form a CG?

bin: we can describe action items of the IG or the TF
... what about saying "interest parties may take responsibility"
... "and the TF initiating a CG"
... discussion on scope of the CG
... can generate some initial draft text

giuseppep: will work with you

<scribe> ACTION: bin to generate initial draft text for the "Next Steps" section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-187 - Generate initial draft text for the "next steps" section [on Bin Hu - due 2014-02-26].

bin: any other question?

ddavis: anybody can create a CG, but this time we encourage strong relationship between this IG and the new CG
... can mention "related CGs" on the IG page
... btw, what about adding links to related specs?

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to add links to related specs in the table [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-188 - Add links to related specs in the table [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2014-02-26].

Mark from the W3C Team

mark: WAI contact
... having Wu Wei as well
... TV accessibility
... Judy asks us to join this call to talk about accessibility requirements
... most of the use cases applied to people with disability too
... HTML5 is designed to be accessibility
... second screen offers unique opportunity
... very exciting
... one thing I was wondering is
... mentioning accessibility guidelines
... visual impairment and descriptive video
... headphones can provide audio description
... one little use case I came up with
... wanted to attend today to see what the best way for the collaboration would be

bin: tx for you comments
... accessibility is important due to law as well
... we can add a new section for accessibility
... e.g., compliance to accessibility guidelines
... for the future work during the second round
... whoever contributes new use cases can provide accessibility scenario as well
... also would suggest you attend this call regularly

mark: that's wonderful if you can accessibility guidelines in the Note

giuseppep: this Note itself is just the result of our own discussion

mark: we'd love to participate in the discussion
... WAI also has its Media TF
... will bring this information to the WAI Media TF

<scribe> ACTION: bin work with MarkS about how to deal with accessibility guidelines in the Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-189 - Work with marks about how to deal with accessibility guidelines in the note [on Bin Hu - due 2014-02-26].

ddavis: this TF is working on the second iteration
... we can add new use cases
... to cover accessibility
... or extension to the existing use cases

mark: universal disability is not the target
... lot of use cases we could create to benefit people
... use cases for supporting caption
... not disturb people

bin: what the concrete titles?

mark: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines/User Agent Accessibility Guideline

kaz: Daniel and myself will talk with MarkS and Wu_Wei a bit more offline

bin: any other business for today?

(nothing)

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: bin to generate initial draft text for the "Next Steps" section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: bin work with MarkS about how to deal with accessibility guidelines in the Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to add links to related specs in the table [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to convert the Google spreadsheet of UC/REQ to a static file [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-19 19:27:49 $