W3C

- DRAFT -

Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
04 Feb 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa, cyns
Regrets
Chair
Joseph_Scheuhammer
Scribe
clown

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 04 February 2014

<scribe> scribenick: clown

<scribe> agenda: this

Meeting time

JS: Is this a good meeting time?

CS: Good for me, although I am 15 minutes late.
... But, doesn't seem good for David.
... For me, it must be after 10am PST

JS: it could be two hours earlier, but not on Tue.

CS: 10 on Thu
... an hour before now, or after, on Thu

JS: I can't do Wed.
... I can't do it 10am - 11:45am on Thu (EST)
... I could out email, asking for times based on what we have said so far.
... Any of those times good for you Bryan?

BG: All these times are good for me.

JS: I will send out an email today or tomorrow.

1.1 ISSUES and ACTIONS: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/23

JS: url to the uaig 1.1. issues.

issue-481

issue-481?

<trackbot> issue-481 -- aria-live removal events should or must happen before object removal -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/481

CS: Seems reasonable. Propose actions for myself and David to see if we already do this.

<scribe> ACTION: Cynthis to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'Cynthis'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1368 - Investigate implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

<scribe> ACTION:  David to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Error finding ' David'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION:  davidb to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Error finding ' davidb'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION:  David_Bolter to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Error finding ' David_Bolter'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

action-1368?

<trackbot> action-1368 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1368

issue-532

issue-532?

<trackbot> issue-532 -- UAIG section 5.4 requires user agents to support aria-described by but section 5.6.1.2 makes it optional -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/532

CS: let's check to see if this is still true.
... It says must now.

JS: what says must?

CS: the link. It doesn't say MAY. It says MUST.

JS: So, this issues is obsoletel.

Resolution: Close issue-532

issue-583

issue-583?

<trackbot> issue-583 -- Elements that are descendants of an element having aria-activedescendant should not all be focusable -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/583

action-1222?

<trackbot> action-1222 -- David Bolter to Look into ISSUE-583, and think about section 4.3, step 4A to see if that answers the question. -- due 2013-05-16 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1222

For any element with an ID attribute, where the element is a descendant of an element with the aria-activedescendant attribute, apply the following accessibility API states to the target to ensure the object is accessible:

Focusable, if the element also has a WAI-ARIA http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#def_role

CS: this looks like it is fixed.

JS: We all decided back in September that the UAIG was fine in this regard.

BS: I can see why you would need a role to make the AD focusable.

JS: I will contact Rich and see if he agrees.
... I should bring up at the next caucus call what we are doing about a 1.1 UAIG and its 1.1 issues and actions.

issue-612

issue-612?

<trackbot> issue-612 -- Review ia2/atk rule in group position. should this really determine level based on aria-owns chain. see uaig: http://www.w3.org/wai/pf/aria-implementation/#mapping_additional_position and test case 69: https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/testharness/testresults?tes -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/612

https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite_id=2&testcase_id=69

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499917

<scribe> ACTION: Joseph to add text back into UAIG regarding computing implicit level information when a tree is built out of aria-owns relationships. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1370 - Add text back into uaig regarding computing implicit level information when a tree is built out of aria-owns relationships. [on Joseph Scheuhammer - due 2014-02-11].

action-1370?

<trackbot> action-1370 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Add text back into uaig regarding computing implicit level information when a tree is built out of aria-owns relationships. -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1370

issue-618

issue-618?

<trackbot> issue-618 -- MSAA selection event mapping for single selection case when item becomes unselected -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/618

CS: This looks like it's mine.

<scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to investigate what IE does for single selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1371 - Investigate what ie does for single selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

action-1371?

<trackbot> action-1371 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate what ie does for single selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1371

issue-635

issue-635?

<trackbot> issue-635 -- Determine if uaig mappings for rowgroup are correct -- open

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/635

<scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to create a test case, if there is none, to test the rowgroup role [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1372 - Create a test case, if there is none, to test the rowgroup role [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

action-1372?

<trackbot> action-1372 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a test case, if there is none, to test the rowgroup role -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1372

issue-441

issue-441?

<trackbot> issue-441 -- Normative UAIG requirements for what UAs do when aria-posinset or aria-setsize is provided explicitly on some, but not all, elements within a set. -- raised

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/441

CS: I think the first step is to create test case, and see what happens now.

<scribe> ACTION: cynthia to create a test case for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some but not all elements. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action09]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1373 - Create a test case for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some but not all elements. [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

action-1373?

<trackbot> action-1373 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a test case for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some but not all elements. -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1373

toipc: issue-473

issue-473?

<trackbot> issue-473 -- Math mapping to AAPI -- raised

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/473

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13647

JS: issues says it relates to an html bug
... The bug is listsed as "verified invalid".

CS: I don't think is a UAIG issue.
... This is a PF issue to coordinate with another WG.
... We should send an email to Michael about this.

JS: I could bring it up at the caucus call.

CS: I'm going to change the assoiciated product to spec reviews.

JS: I think this has something to do with deprecating the ARIA math role.
... And just using MathML instead.
... If so, this doesn't have much to do with the UAIG.
... Unless it is the separate html/uaig document.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cynthia to create a test case for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some but not all elements. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to create a test case, if there is none, to test the rowgroup role [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to investigate what IE does for single selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Cynthis to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Joseph to add text back into UAIG regarding computing implicit level information when a tree is built out of aria-owns relationships. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION:  David to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION:  David_Bolter to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION:  davidb to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-04 21:08:56 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/a good meeting time/a good meeting time?/
Succeeded: s/a good meeting time?./a good meeting time?/
Found ScribeNick: clown
Inferring Scribes: clown
Default Present: Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa, cyns
Present: Joseph_Scheuhammer Bryan_Garaventa cyns
Found Date: 04 Feb 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html

WARNING: No person found for ACTION item:  david_bolter to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action05]


WARNING: No person found for ACTION item:  davidb to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action04]


WARNING: No person found for ACTION item:  david to investigate implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action03]

People with action items: cynthia cynthis joseph

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]