W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

22 Jan 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Klaus, Vivienne, Simon, Shadi, David, Yehya
Regrets
Annika, Markel, Luz, Justin, Peter, Giorgio, Silvia
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Shadi

Contents


ACTION-38 'create text for flyer' Simon Harper General and Process Items

SH: still in progress

ACTION-40 Easy to read w3c note finalised Klaus Miesenberge Easy to Read Symposium

KM: working on updated version
... expect to circulate it by tomorrow

ACTION-41 Update Symposium Process Wiki Pages Justin Brown E-Learning Symposium

SAZ: Justin and Silvia worked on cleaning up and structuring the transcript
... will be putting it online and notifying the participants

User Modelling W3C Note Survey http://goo.gl/25nl1u

YM: will process the comments from the second round
... will have a new draft in the next two weeks

<scribe> ACTION: yehya develop a new Editor Draft with Christos based on the feedback from the two surveys [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Develop a new editor draft with christos based on the feedback from the two surveys [on Yehya Mohamad - due 2014-01-29].

STANDING - Next Symposium Topic

SH: handled by Mark and Gerardo but not seeing regrets from them
... assuming going ahead but have not received the call for paper

SAZ: said would have something by this week?

SH: yes, but no updates since

STANDING - Next Catalogue Topic

SH: another catalog item?

VC: did not do much on user testing and involvement

SH: no

VC: would be interested to do it in a while after I complete my PhD

SH: you were also considering a symposium?

VC: maybe around May
... think it is an important topic

<sloandr> yes

KM: two catalog items in the pipeline from our side

<sloandr> More in-depth discussion of user testing in a symposium could lead on nicely from Tips for Accessibility Aware research discussion, and article publication?

KM: virtual reality and augmented reality

DS: Tips for Accessibility Aware Research could nicely lead into a symposium more specifically on involving users
... probably need a broader discussion

http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/users

http://www.w3.org/WAI/users/involving

SAZ: think not always easy to distinguish between involving users in *testing* versus involving users in general
... could also talk about involving users in evaluation as part of the accreditation symposium

VC: for sure
... could approach from different angles
... but could also relate to many different things

SH: makes sense to look at the scope more closely
... but probably your PhD has priority now :)

Accreditation of Websites http://goo.gl/MLs83m

<scribe> ACTION: simon to convert Vivienne's write-up into HTML [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-43 - Convert vivienne's write-up into html [on Simon Harper - due 2014-01-29].

<scribe> ACTION: simon to create survey for feedback on accreditation write-up [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-44 - Create survey for feedback on accreditation write-up [on Simon Harper - due 2014-01-29].

Close the Loop on the symposium L&F

<scribe> ACTION: shadi to close the loop on the symposium L&F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-45 - Close the loop on the symposium l&f [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2014-01-29].

PENDING - Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe

DS: I could outline a draft
... or if need something more meaty?

SH: candidate for a survey?

SAZ: think something about the proposed approach and maybe an outline (like a table of contents)
... then could go into a survey

DS: could propose something but hoping for input by others

<scribe> ACTION: david to update TAAR as discussed http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Tips_for_Accessibility-Aware_Research [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-46 - Update taar as discussed http://www.w3.org/wai/rd/wiki/tips_for_accessibility-aware_research [on David Sloan - due 2014-01-29].

SAZ: often good to propose something for people to react to, rather than to ask people to come up with something from scratch

PENDING - Metrics W3C Note Status

<scribe> ACTION: shadi to complete feedback on Metrics Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-47 - Complete feedback on metrics research report [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2014-01-29].

PENDING - Mobile W3C Note Public Release this Week

<scribe> ACTION: shadi to complete feedback on Mobile Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-48 - Complete feedback on mobile research report [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2014-01-29].

PENDING - Text Customisation W3C Note Status

DS: have been looking at the approach for the User Modeling note
... still adjusting the structure
... synopses from submitted papers
... then discussion and conclusions
... expect some progress over the next month

<scribe> ACTION: david to work with Shawn on developing an Editor Draft for the Text Customization Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-49 - Work with shawn on developing an editor draft for the text customization research report [on David Sloan - due 2014-01-29].

SAZ: most reports share a common approach
... but some subtle differences
... feel free to bring in early outlines for feedback if you want

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: david to update TAAR as discussed http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Tips_for_Accessibility-Aware_Research [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: david to work with Shawn on developing an Editor Draft for the Text Customization Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: shadi to close the loop on the symposium L&F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: shadi to complete feedback on Metrics Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: shadi to complete feedback on Mobile Research Report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: simon to convert Vivienne's write-up into HTML [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: simon to create survey for feedback on accreditation write-up [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: yehya develop a new Editor Draft with Christos based on the feedback from the two surveys [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-rd-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-01-23 12:58:51 $