W3C

- DRAFT -

SV_MEETING_TITLE
13 Nov 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Tomoyuki_Shimizu, Koichi_Takagi, Hiro
Regrets
Chair
ken
Scribe
hiro

Contents


<scribe> scribenick: hiro

Ken: I will give a talk about make the teleconf better.
... slide are uploaded at http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/

[Today's Main Idea]

Ken: I think defenitely there's some potential way to improve the collaboration of teleconference and Web.

[slides #3]

[Agenda]

<stakagi> s/http://goo.gl/KPrZo8//http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/

[Current Teleconf]

Ken: We have two components at the current W3C's teleconference.
... One is voice part which is PSTN.
... Another is the text part which we use IRC.

[Goal Image]

Ken: It would be ideal if we have a webapps which allows us to access both voice and text in one app.

[Feature will be...]

Ken: But we have several issues today...
... One is calling from browser
... Second is supporting video
... Third is speech recognizion
... since sometimes especially for non-native english speaker to understand in telecon.
... I believe these feature is essentially important feature for future teleconf.

[switch to Mr. Naka]

[Demonstration]

Naka: I will explain the demonstration topologies.

[Mr.Naka explains the figure of demonstration topology]

scribe: We implemented this with node.js and native module.
... Now we will show the demo.

[Mr. Naka switch to the browser]

Naka: We will connect to Zakim's echotest through browser.

[Hearing the Zakim's echotest voice. the sound quality is bad...]

Naka: Now we finish the demo

Ken: We showed the simple example which would be a start point of the future teleconf.
... So let's move to the discussion.

<Tomoyuki> s/at http://goo.gl/KPrZo8//http:\/\/goo.gl\/KPrZo8\/

[Hiro explained today's W3C teleconf and the w3c's teleconference replacement plans]

ken: we're glad if we could get some ideas from the audience.

+q

<Tomoyuki> hiro is talking about other use cases than voice call; video conference, data sharing, and other potential examples

<Tomoyuki> scribing is an important one

ken: the feature who is currently talking is also important.
... Sometime I use skype.
... skype has this feature.

<Tomoyuki> +1 to 'who is currently talking'

<stakagi> Recodring.

Tomoyuki: Permission for recording is also important.

Ken: I think video should be acceptable.
... What is the most needed feature?

Hiro: Translation?

<Tomoyuki> hiro: there are many non-English countries and people

<Tomoyuki> ... time difference is also an important issue

Toshiya: &&&&

kotakagi: Web-based teleconf is very important which allows us to attend from everywhere with any browser.

ken: I'd like to talk about the downside of the current VoIP client.

<stakagi> Web based system will have ability to integrate IRC and voice.

ken: if we have a standard for web-based teleconference, we can use any webapps which supports this.
... interop is also important.

s/Title: How we could make the Teleconference system better?//

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-11-13 09:11:45 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/%%%%/http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/
Succeeded: s/... Step1: %%%%//
Succeeded: s|y\|y]|
WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/at %%%%/http:\/\/goo.gl\/KPrZo8\/
Succeeded: s|at %%%%|at http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/|
Succeeded: s/Title: How we could make the Teleconference system better?//
FAILED: s/Title: How we could make the Teleconference system better?//
Succeeded: s|%%%%|http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/|
Succeeded: s|%%%%|http://goo.gl/KPrZo8/|
Succeeded: s/#3}/#3]/
Found ScribeNick: hiro
Inferring Scribes: hiro

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Tomoyuki_Shimizu Koichi_Takagi Hiro

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 13 Nov 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-improvetelecon-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]