Push API Patent Advisory Group Teleconference

29 Oct 2013

See also: IRC log


efullea, dka, Wendy, Yves, Plh


<trackbot> Date: 29 October 2013

<wseltzer> Draft PAG Report

PAG Report

<wseltzer> Draft PAG Report

<wseltzer> wseltzer: sent the report last week with call for objections

<wseltzer> ... The Push API PAG believes that the technology described in the Nokia Patents does not apply to the Push API Specification.

wendy: following the summary of disclosures, we could move forward without modifying the spec
... any other recommendation to make?
... or concerns or considerations?

<dka> No questions from us.

<wseltzer> [wseltzer reviews the draft report, section-by-section]

<dka> We are happy with the report as it is.

plh: +1

?: in the conclusion, should we be explicit on the version of the spec?

wendy: the working draft is linked at the top

<wseltzer> plh: clarify in the conclusion, too

wendy: ok
... I'll make the modification

<dka> Makes sense as a clarification.

<dka> I don't think a new call is necessary - for what it's worth.

<Yves> +1 to say that it is just an editorial clarification

<dka> It's editorial.

<scribe> ACTION: Wendy to forward the conclusion on the Director [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/29-papag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Forward the conclusion on the director [on Wendy Seltzer - due 2013-11-05].

<wseltzer> PROPOSED: Forward the conclusion to the director as PAG Report

plh: should we recommend to close the PAG as well?

wendy: I think so
... do we anticipate a change in the spec to make it necessary to revisit the question?

Eduardo: not for now
... I don't hyave in mind any change at the moment

Resolved: the report is approved by the PAG

Wendy: I'll forward to the Director and look for recommendation on the PAG itself
... the WG can continue on the REC track

Dan: thank you Wendy
... went as well as it could have

Wendy: thank you Dan and Eduardo


<wseltzer> trackbot, end teleconf

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Wendy to forward the conclusion on the Director [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/29-papag-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-10-29 15:21:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: plh
Inferring Scribes: plh
Default Present: efullea, dka, Wendy, Yves, Plh
Present: efullea dka Wendy Yves Plh
Found Date: 29 Oct 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/10/29-papag-minutes.html
People with action items: wendy

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]