23 Sep 2013


See also: IRC log


Jeanne, Alastair, Cherie, +1.661.748.aaaa, Jutta, Jan, +1.847.917.aabb, Tom, Tim_Boland
Alex_L., Greg_P._(partial), Tim_B._(partial)
Jutta Treviranus


<scribe> Agenda:

<scribe> Scribe: Jan

AC: I'm having one of our developers go through the ATAG 2.0 implementation guide with an eye to Defacto
... has some interesting questions

JS: Those questions would be good to have...could form basis of questions for developrs

1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

JT: Where's Cherie...having difficulty with telecon?
... Re-chartering?

JS: Still not out to AC...
... May try to get another extension (ends Sept 30)

JT: I guess we will wait to hear

2. CR process update (Jeanne and Jan)

JS: We are out for comments... comments due Oct 1
... Checking if we received any comments...
... None so far

3. Implementation report update (Jan)


JS: Will move that to http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2ImplementationReport.html

JR: Great to hear that Defacto will be updating their column in the report

JT: I was at Google Accessibility summit last week...
... I talked to their Course Builder grroup.
... Say they will prompt for captionning, descriptions, captions, accessibility metadata....
... So I hope to continue those discussions.
... Hoping that once we have one Google product, we can get more.

JS: Great.

JT: I talked to another group as welll... Kanan (sp?)
... So we should have good representation in CMS area
... Updates Cherie....
... Any other updates?

AC: Are there any tools we should look at?

JR: Development tool for applet, scripts, or applications... any that you use.

4. Request from EO to be more clear about how our levels (A, AA, AAA) were set.

JR: Here's our explanation: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20120410/#intro_understand_levels_conformance

JS: New approach is that they want help for newcomers

TB: Speaking from govt, anything that can be done would be helpful

JS: What kinds of things?

TB: Not sure....but in some other accessibility-related realms, people are looking for appropriate things to put in contracts etc.
... I know its a significant problems in acquistion related domains

JS: Could you try to talk to some people and get ideas?

TB: Yes I can attempt to find out something (but don't give me an action item)...there may not be anything.

JS: It's an important audience that we should serve if we can

JT: A bit different from what's in the agenda item....sounds like requirements

<alastair> Some of the docs from here might be useful, D1 or D3 perhaps? www.mandate376.eu

TB: I'd like to see anything that make the document more usable for acquistion officials

AC: Mandate376 may have some useful wording

JT: Seems that there are several ways to approach this....
... eg. text framing of rationale for A, AA, AAA
... something that can be put into reqs documents

JR: Gives example of how AODA makes use of WCAg2 A and AA

AC: In Mandate376...also makes heavy use of WCAG2 and its levels

JT: How should we move forward....
... There does seem to be discussion on the CG

TB: Any implications for ATAG2 at CR

JS: What Shawn has said, is to put all that info in Implementing ATAG2 (the informative, nonnormative) doc

JT: OK, we will monitor this a bit to see how it plays out
... To see where CG discussion goes
... Any other issues?
... OK great, see you next Monday Sept 30

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-09-23 17:37:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/are/our/
Found Scribe: Jan
Inferring ScribeNick: Jan
Default Present: Jeanne, Alastair, Cherie, +1.661.748.aaaa, Jutta, Jan, +1.847.917.aabb, Tom, Tim_Boland
Present: Jeanne Alastair Cherie +1.661.748.aaaa Jutta Jan +1.847.917.aabb Tom Tim_Boland
Regrets: Alex_L. Greg_P._(partial) Tim_B._(partial)
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JulSep/0064.html
Got date from IRC log name: 23 Sep 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/09/23-au-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]