W3C

- DRAFT -

Model-Based UI

13 Sep 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Dave, Vivian, Paolo, Jaroslav, Heiko, Nikos, Joelle, Nick_Kaklanis, Jean
Regrets
Paolo, Davide, Javier, Gaelle
Chair
Dave
Scribe
Dave

Contents


<scribe> scribe: Dave

<scribe> scribenick: dsr

Jaroslav: in the last call we worked on the glossary.

Joelle: we can suppress meta mapping

Joelle edited an entry this morning, but it seems to have disappeared, she will re-enter it.

Jaroslav: what is our agreement on "model"?

We edit the entry live and agree on the new wording.

Jaroslav: we are missing the relationship between a model and a schema, i.e. model as structure.

Jean: not sure about model component, perhaps model fragment?

Jaroslav and Joelle suggest dropping this entry.

Jean: don't we need it?

Joelle: model as mapping, I like model element.

Jaroslav: we aren't using this term in our documents, so removing it makes sense to me.

What about mono target UI?

This is the opposite of the case where a UI needs to cover multiple target devices

Paolo: I don't think we need it here.

Jean provided the definition for Presentation Unit

Joelle: suggest using Abstract interaction unit as preferred term.

Jean: presentation unit is now uncommon, but is being used in Brazil.

Jaroslav: let's not include it in the published glossary. we could perhaps include it in an extended glossary we can publish later

Jean: fine

We discuss task operator

Paolo proposes a new definition: Operator that denotes constraints on the flow of execution of tasks.

Dave asks where we are in respect to being able to publish the AUI meta model specification?

Vivian summarises the discussion in recent meetings.

Jean: we need a concise introduction near the start

Paolo: I am okay with the AUI models document.

Vivian: I think we are ready to publish.

others agree

we can publish the working group notes a little later

<scribe> ACTION: Dave to issue a call for comments on moving the AUI spec to FPWD with a deadline of a week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/13-mbui-minutes.html#action01]

We return to discussing the glossary...

We also agree that the glossary is ready. Jaroslav agrees to provide a cleaned up HTML version in time for next week's call

<scribe> ACTION: Jaroslav to prepare HTML version of the glossary for next week's call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/13-mbui-minutes.html#action02]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Dave to issue a call for comments on moving the AUI spec to FPWD with a deadline of a week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/13-mbui-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jaroslav to prepare HTML version of the glossary for next week's call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/13-mbui-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-09-13 11:00:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/metamarking/meta mapping/
Succeeded: s/moring/morning/
Found Scribe: Dave
Found ScribeNick: dsr

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: +55213527aaaa, Dsr, +1.321.047.aabb, [IPcaller], +30231125aacc, +33.4.76.61.aadd
Present: Dave Vivian Paolo Jaroslav Heiko Nikos Joelle Nick_Kaklanis Jean
Regrets: Paolo Davide Javier Gaelle
Got date from IRC log name: 13 Sep 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/09/13-mbui-minutes.html
People with action items: dave jaroslav

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]