W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

04 Sep 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
felix, tadej, dF, philr, Arle, DaveLewis, Jirka, Ankit, chriLi, leroy, pnietoca, Milan
Regrets
Chair
felix
Scribe
philr

Contents


roll call

<fsasaki-mt> checking attendees ...

<dF> Felix, is this the right channel?

<fsasaki-mt> hi dF, yes, this is the right channel

<fsasaki-mt> scribe: philr

<Yves_> present Yves+

<fsasaki-mt> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0003.html

ITS2 test suite

<fsasaki-mt> https://github.com/w3c/its-2.0-testsuite/tree/master/its2.0

<fsasaki-mt> https://github.com/w3c/its-2.0-testsuite

<fsasaki-mt> ACTION: felix to update test suite links [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/04-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-562 - Update test suite links [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-09-11].

"RDF - NIF conversion"

fsasaki-mt: summarized the email trail to date

daveL: we should support both options?

fsasaki-mt: no

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0000.html

fsaaki-mt: my proposal is to use query paramters

daveL: can we reply in an "open" way?

fsasaki-mt: include a paragraph to guide implementers
... daveL, can you draft?

daveL: yes
... good to have the query string option if Sebastian accommodates this

fsasaki-mt: Semantic WG believe that URI fragments should be dereferencable

<fsasaki-mt> see .htaccess example here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0002

fsasaki-mt: we don't define the query string parameters
... parameters may differ between services
... use one common parameter in the test suite

daveL: the important thing is consistency with Sebastian's documentation

<fsasaki-mt> philr: no further thoughts - had tried to see what it would implement as a service. URI fragment looked very difficult

<fsasaki-mt> .. the formality of going the "#" route, but it is going to take too long

<fsasaki-mt> .. frameworks need to support it before you could implement it in any useful way

<dF> technical one: is GT so flaky today, or is it just my connection?

fsasaki-mt: the implementors prefer option2 but add a paragraph explaining the topic and possibility of option 1 in the future

+1

<daveL> +1

<fsasaki-mt> +1

<Yves_> +1

<dF> +1

<Ankit> +1 for option 2

<pnietoca> +1

lqi sections

<tadej> +1

fsasaki-mt: several editing calls were held and Arle compliled all outcomes

<fsasaki-mt> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/

fsasaki-mt: Christian, are your edits mature?

chriLi: yes

Arle: agree

fsasaki-mt: one more week for everyone to review edits

+1

<pnietoca> ok

chriLi: thank you to Arle for giving so much consideration to my feedback

Arle: feedback was good to have

html5

fsasaki-mt: quality of translation is important topic at mt summit so excellent we have these addition edits in

<fsasaki-mt> felix: will do html5 references update

XLIFF mapping

<fsasaki-mt> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2013Aug/0032.html

fsasaki-mt: 6 issues still outstanding
... how should we continue?

<dF> other reasons..

<fsasaki-mt> phil: would be good to have another week to look at this

<dF> +1 for another week

fsasaki-mt: okay, let's aim to finalize next week

<Yves_> +1 for another week

meta-forum event

fsasaki-mt: can you please supply one slide on your implementation work
... slides by FRiday 13th please

daveL: are we having a project meeting on 18th still?

fsasaki-mt: no, too late with regard to travel

<Yves_> cannot participate on September

<Ankit> I am not going, so I can attend remotely

<chriLi> cannot participate on September 18th

<Yves_> could do remotely probably

<chriLi> could do remotely probably

<Yves_> (but from the US)

fsasaki-mt: noon UTC

<dF> I do not have travel arrangements yet, but I will make an effort to allow for it..

I will be in Berlin by then

<fsasaki-mt> noon utc three hours on 18 september

fsasaki-mt: we do a Madrid meeting
... in November

<fsasaki-mt> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/EventSchedule

fsasaki-mt: 25-27 Nov.

<dF> winner vs. unfortunately

aob

<fsasaki-mt> adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to update test suite links [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/04-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-09-04 12:38:45 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: philr
Inferring ScribeNick: philr
Present: felix tadej dF philr Arle DaveLewis Jirka Ankit chriLi leroy pnietoca Milan
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0003.html
Got date from IRC log name: 04 Sep 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/09/04-mlw-lt-minutes.html
People with action items: felix

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]