W3C

- DRAFT -

Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference

28 Aug 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Bin, Daniel, Kaz, Clarke, Sheau, Paul
Regrets
Chair
Clarke
Scribe
Bin_Hu

Contents


Survey result table

Clarke: let's get started
... let's review the changes and comments on the table and coments if any
... let's review and schedule
... let's look at the table first

<Clarke> survey results table

Clarke: what Giuseppe did was to consolidate the table
... on top of the table, Giuseppe added the data

paul: the external votes are 17 out of 20, and internal votes are 44 out of 44.

Clarke: that's right. One of the agenda is to get introduction of the table
... do we think it sufficient, or do we need some explanatory text?

paul: it is the short start of the real table of data. probably it is enough

Paul: I know we agree to do this, I am fine with the result. I don't know how we assign the value to the result
... if you scroll down a little bit of the table
... for example CSS Flexible, the score is 9. There are different way to give 9, or give 4 or 3
... the 3rd column, you got 17 from different ways, for example 4 can say 4 and 1 can say 1, or 2 can say 4 and 3 can say 3

Clarke: I agree if you get the sample site, it won't you give you a lot of information, it gives you some information. For example, if you get 500 response

Kaz: we have done the merge of external response and internal response, but can we do some analysis?

<kaz> ... e.g., from 2-dimensional viewpoint. internal vote value can correspond to X-axis, and external vote value can correspond to Y-axis

Clarke: I am wondering if we can proactively to do this,
... or if HTML test task force comes back, and tells us something
... I am open

paul: graph is interesting, and we can learn from quadrant
... what the priorities are

Clarke: if you want to do a graph, we can all look at it and add some important information

Kaz: I can do this

<scribe> ACTION: Kaz to add a graph for discussion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-137 - Add a graph for discussion [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2013-09-04].

Clarke: the table stays the same. the graph would be essentially the whole table

Sheau: my understanding is to get one column is x, one column is y, and each row is a graph

Clarke: I am not sure which is easy way to see

Kaz: I will do the easiest to see. There are options to draw graph. Maybe I can explore those options

<kaz> ... simple graph or scatter one

<kaz> ... may be 2-d or might be 3-d

Sheau: I support the idea of graph, I am not sure which way to visualize it

paul: bubble graph, x internal votes 0 to 44, y external votes 0 to 20
... we also need to learn it once we have done it

Clarke: we can do that, and take a look at it next time
... any other comments on the table?
... if not, let move on to the next topic

Requirements document

<Clarke> Requirements document

Clarke: is there any track changes in google doc? I couldn't see what changes Giuseppe made
... he highlighted it
... looks like he re-organize it

Paul: there is a revision history

Clarke: let's toggle between them

Clarke: I didn't notice anything that is obviously a change. Maybe we need Giuseppe to explain what changes he made next time
... maybe I will ask him to point out what are the changes

<scribe> ACTION: Clarke to ask Giuseppe to point out the changes of the requirement document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-138 - Ask giuseppe to point out the changes of the requirement document [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-09-04].

Clarke: are there changes someone else made?

Sheau: I assume the formatting will be cleaned up later, right?

Clarke: right. Also we talked about the document organizational changes last time. Such as details are inconsistent
... Giuseppe wanted to normalize it a little bit
... referencing general standard
... we want to capture what need to be tested
... let's move on to schedule
... last week we had a proposal to get the table there. We are almost there.
... Is there an official format?

Kaz: we can have an Editor Draft version. Later on, we can use HTML format to be more conformant to W3C style
... I can create a static HTML file based on that
... then we can ask webmaster to publish it

Clarke: are you going to do it?
... If nobody else, I will work with Kaz, Giuseppe, Daniel on that

<scribe> ACTION: Clarke to work with Giuseppe, Kaz and Daniel to convert the table to HTML format [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-139 - Work with giuseppe, kaz and daniel to convert the table to html format [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-09-04].

Clarke: any other business?
... if not, thank you and we will have tasks for the next a couple weeks
... let's adjourn

<Clarke> Thanks, bin

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Clarke to ask Giuseppe to point out the changes of the requirement document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Clarke to work with Giuseppe, Kaz and Daniel to convert the table to HTML format [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Kaz to add a graph for discussion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-28 13:55:12 $