W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

15 Aug 2013

Agenda

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
rubys
Scribe
krisk

Contents


<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 15 August 2013

I can scribe

<scribe> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JulSep/0018.html

<scribe> scribe: krisk

ACTION items due by Thursday, August 15

none

Items Closed This Week

CfC: to adopt revised A11Y Task Force work statement and decision

This was withdrawn

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0014.html

New Calls this week

CFC to publish two heartbeat working drafts

closes Aug 21st

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0029.html

Decisions this week

First remove Microdata from HTML5.0 remove JS API

HTML Microdata will continue as a seperate spec

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0041.html

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22783

Travis is implementing this so please speak up if you object

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0016.html

Next WG Decision to publish two revised heartbeat Candidate

scribe: Recommendations

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0057.html

Finally WG decision to publish Lask Call Working Draft of the "Media Source Extensions" specification

Daniel: I thought their was some complains to the director?

rubys: This is not encrypted media

dainel: OK, my bad

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0025.html

Task Force Reports

SUBTOPIC: Testing Task Force

We met this week on the 13th

Cable labs attended and asked a number of questions

They are looking to help review some tests and create test for media (audio, video, track)

We will meet again in two weeks, note the meeting schedule has been updated on the wiki till the end of the year

scribe: same time, etc..

SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force

janina: alot of focus on testing long desc work
... we have some tests and are looking to see how they can be added to the test suite

janian: In about a week we will run the tests and log the results on the wiki (20 test total)
... We are waiting for steve to get back from vacation to continue on this work
... We are looking at areas to improve accessibility in the HTML5.1 time frame

krisk: Do you have link to these tests?

janian: I can forward the link to the list

krisk: thanks

SUBTOPIC: Media Task Force

anyone here to report status?

rubys: no comments from task group

Other Business

CFC: Approve overview of Canvas testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria has been extended to Sept 1st

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0032.html

<janina> http://github.com/chaals/longdesc-tests

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0043.html

CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit, extended to Sept 1st

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jun/0033.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0042.html

Jania: A thread was active about moving the data from Sept 1st to the 4th (due to closing on a Sunday)

rubys: I am fine with this change, same with Paul

SUBTOPIC: Registration is open for HTML WG F2F meeting, Shenzen, China, Nov 14-15 2013

rubys: If you are wondering who is attending please see https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2013/registrants#HTML

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0073.html

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-nov-2013/

any other other business?

rubys: I hear none

Scribe for next meeting?

rubys: I hear none, so lets adjourn the meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-15 16:23:59 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: krisk_
Found Scribe: krisk

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: CFC Daniel Eliot Jania Lachy Lachy_ MarkS Microsoft NeatBasis P7 SUBTOPIC Sam SteveF cabanier chaals chaals1 dainel darobin dayom dio https janian janina jaymunro jeffh jernoble krisk krisk_ nonge rubys sgalineau silvia tinkster tobie trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JulSep/0018.html
Found Date: 15 Aug 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]