W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG / ITS IG

07 Aug 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
pedro, jirka, leroy, felix, Arle, dF, daveL, phil, chriLi, Ankit, tadej
Regrets
Chair
felix
Scribe
daveL

Contents


agenda at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Aug/0004.html

arle: asks to add christian's recent comment to agenda

pedro: ask to add review of event to agents

MLW-LT part: update on spec transition

felix: felix, dave and david had call with ITS management a couple of weeks ago
... advance to ITS2.0 is on hold because of some issues
... first we have reference to html draft rather than CR with relation to wording around translate
... but this is resolved as we have confirmation that this will be in next CR in a week or so

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Aug/0001.html

felix: second issue was feedback from RDF group
... i have requested this so expect this to be resolved
... final, main issue is the reference in normative ITS2.0 text to NIF
... the status of NIF organisation is not clear with respect to stability

<Arle> (I need to step away for a few minutes. Will be back in a few.)

felix: talking to W3c management later today to try and advance this topic
... overall means that there is a delay until mid sept to early oct for final specification

pedro: asks if we could move NIF to non-normative?

felix: possible, but not sure of the consequences
... but would like to avoid this if possible

df: agrees, should be last resort
... also possiblility of mirroring NIF in W3C community group as a better option if needed

xliff mapping topic

felix: propose skipping xliff mapping topic since yves is not here

<fsasaki> skipped for today

events and outreach

<fsasaki> http://www.meta-net.eu/events/meta-forum-2013

felix: we have meta-forum event where it would be great to have as many present as possible

<fsasaki> http://www.meta-net.eu/events/meta-forum-2013/programme

felix: pedro, phil, and felix will be presenting ITS2.0
... will also be a demo session, will hear details of this later today

<fsasaki> one other event planned in madrid on 25-27 nov

scribe: but with development on ITS progress don't have bandwidth to organise this event
... propose we still meet for final group meeting, perhaps with overlap with some people from LIDEr project
... asks for comments

<fsasaki> tadej joining

df: agree madrid is not viable, but there are other options, locworld, santa clara, perhaps TCOM and pedro has talk accepted

pedro: there is an opportunity to link with November LIDER 25-27th, as there is another LOD related event there also
... or could have option to arrange a session in early jan

felix: would prefer to keep madrid workshop for wrap up purposes
... and also plan a MLW workshop next year which would be a good target that it would be good for people from this group to attend

jirka: question on meta-forum, is it Thursday or Friday

pedro: we have things on thursday

felix: but agenda is not fixed, so demo might be of friday also - but will try and get it on thursday along with ITS presentation

jirka: asks about special issue of localization focus

df: still in train, but looking for mid august deadline
... open to negotiation

pedro: would be willing to provide one also

ITS2 logo

felix: update - there was a lot of discussion in dublin
... hope to have something ready this week

mail about lqi

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Aug/0000.html

christian: I have been involved in automated quality check for some time
... managed to finally review in more detail and with some other people with expertise in the area
... Result in documents attached to email
... overall: could clarify descriptions, with different comments from typos to more general comments

<fsasaki> official period = "last call" period

christian: but observe we are past last call, so this should be treated as input to IG rather than to spec

felix: so its not possible to change things that affect implementation, but its good to have them reported for future versions

arle: more interested in terminology clarifications in non-normative text.
... i volunteer to go through this as see what could be improve in non-normative

felix: suggest to schedule a few session to go through this, including say Arle, Phil, Christian and anyone else, as long as there are no normative changes

<Arle> Arle

<philr> I would be interested

<chriLi> Christian

<tadej> tadej

<fsasaki> felix

felix: asks people who are interested in discussion to say on IRC

<fsasaki> yves potentially too

<dF> I would be interested, will however probably not find the time because of XLIFF 2.0 PR editing effort :-(

I would be interested

arle: i will create doodle to arrange slots

<dF> just a clarification, the doodle should be sent to the whole list

deliverables

felix: just want to thank pedro for the nice short summary he produced on real time translation with nice video

<philr> Well done Pedro!

pedro: aim with this is to finalise this part of work with EC
... but keep us posted on any advances on arrange video perhaps with professional support

aob

<fsasaki> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZfZ7sBloE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUotaJ_41MZRCsfYPm8nytBQ

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-08 07:01:32 $