W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Cryptography Working Group Teleconference

05 Aug 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
+1.512.257.aaaa, hhalpin, rsleevi, kodonog, Karen, MichaelH, Wendy, +31.61.877.aabb, nvdbleek
Regrets
Chair
hhalpin
Scribe
wseltzer

Contents


<nvdbleek> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 05 August 2013

<hhalpin> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: Web Cryptography Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 05 August 2013

start meeting

<karen> aaaa is Karen

<kodonog> i can report on ietf, but I'm in a starbucks

<scribe> scribenick: wseltzer

<hhalpin> scribe: wseltzer

IETF

karen: Reporting from IETF
... JOSE WG issue-tracker shows many issues closed
... starting bi-weekly calls 19 Aug
... hope to resolve open issues for WG last call next month
... use cases ready for IESG
... other 4 docs close; we've asked everyone to get issues on the table
... Jim has specific issues to follow-up with webcrypto

JOSE: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/jose/

rsleevi: a few places JOSE said it wouldn't take on WebCrypto work, we'll need to work out
... JWK, array or single-value, and exportable/extractable

<hhalpin> those sound quite serious re usage of JWK

rsleevi: if it's not in the JOSE spec, we'll need an IANA registry
... so questions for our timing and deliverables
... respecting Netflix-desired features around wrap/unwrap

Publication of Use Cases

<hhalpin> Just checking on it, it seems not have gone out again

<hhalpin> ACTION: hhalpin and wseltzer to ping systeam to push Use-cases and Key Discovery out [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/05-crypto-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-113 - And wseltzer to ping systeam to push Use-cases and Key Discovery out [on Harry Halpin - due 2013-08-12].

Promises

hhalpin: any open issues on Promises?

rsleevi: Issue raised by Israel. I've attempted to resolve in push this AM

ISSUE-86?

<trackbot> ISSUE-86 does not exist.

ISSUE-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 does not exist.

scribe: how do we process streams of data efficiently?
... WebApps, other WGs considering; MS streams proposal
... better not to try to introduce yet another streaming mechanism
... under active discussion in script-coord
... Netflix says this isn't critical; MS may propose extensions
... we don't yet have good solution for multi-part, committing to work on it.

<rsleevi> ISSUE-49?

<trackbot> ISSUE-49 -- Using Streams or something similar to support Multi-part on WebCrypto APIs -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/49

rsleevi: we've always understood this to be at-risk

<hhalpin> no problem with that being open as we go into CR

<hhalpin> re implementations

<rsleevi> original issue was ISSUE-18

PING review

<hhalpin> August 22nd

<rsleevi> ISSUE-18?

<trackbot> ISSUE-18 -- Should it be possible to perform CryptoOperations as a 'streaming' operation with URI semantics? -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/18

MichaelH: Re Promises, wasn't there an outstanding issue on error reporting?

rsleevi: resolved on our prior call
... exceptions, in WebIDL
... discussion on script-coord
... the only thing outstanding is to identify errors that are usefully distinguished

MichaelH: editorial note on the document
... awaiting input on DOM errors that would be meaningful

rsleevi: if no feedback, will remove the note

<hhalpin> August 22nd

<hhalpin> date and time work for folks in WG?

<rsleevi> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcrypto-api/

wrapping up

[PING: http://www.w3.org/Privacy/ ]

<rsleevi> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcrypto-api/shortlog

rsleevi: fixing a bug in RSA-PKCS1
... quick overview of supported algorithms
... non-normative
... I've kept deriveKey, added vgb's proposed deriveBits
... handle KDF use cases and secret agreement
... deriveBits will let you polyfill

<hhalpin> as opposed to deriveKey

rsleevi: Issue 49 taken out
... Issue 46
... see the full list and diffs, https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcrypto-api/shortlog

MichaelH: deadline on import key / export key gets filled out?

rsleevi: JOSE decided not to take on these items, thread is ongoing
... with markw. My goal is to clarify key types
... JOSE use case remains in limbo
... biggest issue, progress on attributes of keys; JOSE hasn't taken that on
... what happens if we register uses in conflict with JOSE
... we need to understand what JWK attribute should look like

trackbot, end teleconf

<hhalpin> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: hhalpin and wseltzer to ping systeam to push Use-cases and Key Discovery out [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/05-crypto-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-05 20:32:34 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/other WGs/script-coord/
Succeeded: s/out/out?/
Found ScribeNick: wseltzer
Found Scribe: wseltzer
Inferring ScribeNick: wseltzer
Default Present: +1.512.257.aaaa, hhalpin, rsleevi, kodonog, Karen, MichaelH, Wendy, +31.61.877.aabb, nvdbleek
Present: +1.512.257.aaaa hhalpin rsleevi kodonog Karen MichaelH Wendy +31.61.877.aabb nvdbleek
Found Date: 05 Aug 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/08/05-crypto-minutes.html
People with action items: hhalpin wseltzer

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]