Web and TV IG - Timed Text TF Call

11 Jul 2013


See also: IRC log


Kaz, Daniel, Graham, Pierre, Glenn, Mark, Mike (Observer)


<kaz> kaz: ok to invite Mike Dolan to this call?

<kaz> pal: ok

<kaz> (Mike's participation is approved)

Daniel is joining

<kaz> ddavis: 50% Team Contact :)

<Mark_Vickers> Welcome, Daniel. Glad to have you with us!

Thank you!

Input to Timed Text WG charter revision process

<pal> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Tt/TTWG_Consensus_Input

<scribe> scribenick: ddavis

<pal> proposed additional text at http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Tt/Timed_Text_Meeting_5#Proposed_Agenda

pal: I'm going to add this proposed text to the Consensus Input now
... The change is now added (as point 5)
... Something that was not perhaps clear is that the Web & TV IG was supporting the addition of WebVTT deliverables to the TTWG deliverables
... so maybe there should be a sentence added to that effect.
... Showing that we support WebVTT as part of the deliverables for the Timed Text WG.

<kaz> Mark_Vickers: good place to do that

pal: Again, I'm going to make this addition to the Consensus Input now.
... Has now been added to the paragraph before the numbered items.
... If there are no objections, I'll post this back to the Interest Group reflector
... and hopefully the IG can then forward this to W3C Team.
... Thank you - I think this closes one of our work items.

<pal> next agenda topic: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Tt/Timed_Text_Efforts

<scribe> ACTION: pal to post the Consensus Input to the Interest Group reflector [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/11-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-121 - Post the Consensus Input to the Interest Group reflector [on Pierre-Anthony Lemieux - due 2013-07-18].

Improve the structure of Timed_Text_Efforts

pal: There has been the suggestion that this wiki page could be better organised.

Mark_Vickers: I have some ideas and would be happy to work with you offline
... to update this page.

mike: It seems there's a tangle in this process.

pal: Only members can edit the wiki.

Mark_Vickers: I'll push to get that resolved so that I can edit it.

mike: We have some private email with ideas that could really improve this page.

pal: Thanks - I'm happy to help as well.

Ecosystem drawing

pal: Next item is "ecosystem drawing"
... How do all those captions out there end up on the web, etc?
... I put up a link to an overview of the caption workflow that EBU and others use.
... It might be good for this group to create a similar illustration of how timed text is created and ultimately put on the web.
... I'm spending time on it but if someone else has a strong opinion on it, I'm happy.
... I'd like to hear other opinions - is it needed? Is it needed here? Is it needed urgently?

mark_vickers: I think it's useful to have to shed light on some of the difficulties we're facing
... but I think people in the TT WG specifically are probably aware of this already.

pal: Any other comments about this?
... No? OK. Any other new topics?

Next call

pal: Hearing none and having gone through the agenda, let's choose a date for our next meeting.
... I think 2pm is the best compromise. How about August 1st?

<kaz> (that is August 2, 6am in Japan)

pal: This timeslot was made to try to accommodate everyone including Sylvia in Australia, so I think we should give this timeslot another try.
... so let's try August 1st, 2pm Los Angeles time.
... Thank you every - look forward to speaking to you again in 2 weeks.

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: pal to post the Consensus Input to the Interest Group reflector [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/11-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-07-11 21:46:40 $