W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

05 Jun 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
kfritsche, tadej, Yves, omstefanov, DaveLewis, Jirka, Ankit, leroy, mdelolmo, dF
Regrets
Pablo, Phil, Pedro, felix, christian
Chair
daveL
Scribe
kfritsche

Contents


<daveL> chair: daveL

<daveL> meeting: MLW-LT WG weekly TC

<daveL> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0004.html

<scribe> scribe: kfritsche

<daveL> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0004.html

daveL: felix is travling to the W3C AC meeting to japan

Testing current state

<daveL> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html

daveL: felix is following up on this, there are only few left to do
... we covered adobe, dcu and ul on the last call
... is there is anyone else who have problems with the test suite?
... the table will regenerated and we discuss open issues at F2F

NIF Tests

daveL: leroy did you finished the NIF test

leroy: not yet, but we should finished this soon

Dublin f2f agenda

daveL: two parts - showcase agenda and f2f agenda

<mdelolmo> hi I can hear you but I cannot speak

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase

<daveL> http://phaedrus.scss.tcd.ie/CS3BC2/group1/tomcat/DublinShowcase/

daveL: its a little out of date, searching for the new one (showcase)
... there are only 15min each per demo

<mdelolmo> ok

daveL: does that work for every body?

tadej: the slides I send, can be done in 15min

daveL: nobody has objections, so felx and me can update that part of the agenda
... so we have a little time left on 18 and the full day of 17
... starting 9 and checking last call issues
... not know how long this will take
... after that we check if there are any issues with test suite left
... and also reviewing action items
... before and after the lunch there will be a spec edit session, mainly for section 1 and 2
... or other sections if anythings pops up

<omstefanov> can someone provide link to doc dave is taking from the http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase contains nothing about the 17th

daveL: in the afternoon there will be some short topics about the best practice topics
... also we have to prepare the review meeting with kimmo

<omstefanov> thanks, Karl

daveL: 18. morning is the showcase, currently there are mostly local guys signed up
... is there anything somebody also wants to cover?

(no objections)

Section 1-2 edits from Christian

(daveL shares his screen)

daveL: we had a couple of editing calls last week (one with christian and one with felix)
... we updated some examples and there are still some notes which has to be solved

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#general-motiviation-for-ITS2.0

scribe: does anyone has comments about 1.2 (link above)

daveL: "global appraoch" needs to be fixed

"Locale Filte" (missing r)

dF: "Others are still discussed as requirements:" - The IG is further discussing

<Yves_> "The basics of ITS 1.0 fit onto a beer mat"? what in the world does it means?

daveL: should be not only machine translation (Providers of content management and machine translation solutions)
... maybe splitting it up into two bullet points, as the main group is maybe looking into integration CMS in general with translation solutions
... first bullet: CM and translation platforms (including MT)
... second bullet: enriching content

<scribe> ACTION: dlewis6 to rewrite bullet points in 1.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-536 - Rewrite bullet points in 1.2 [on David Lewis - due 2013-06-12].

omstefanov: bad wording, often repaeting "example the following"

daveL: i will rephrasing it and also the point from yves
... I will create a word document with tracking on and send it to felix

omstefanov: we should add extensiability here somehow, as it popus up the first time in section 4

<Yves_> IMO: I think we should avoid mentioning extensibility in the spec.

dF: it should be promoted in the IG and maybe not in the standard

<daveL> Other requirements and solution that apply the principle of ITS2.0 are discussed within the ITS IG, but these have no normative impact on the use of this specification.

<omstefanov> +1 to dave's suggestion

daveL: sentence above should be replaced with "Others are still discussed as requirements:"

<daveL> use this to replace: "Others are still discussed as requirements: “Context” = What specific related information might be helpful? “Automated Language”: Does this content lend itself to automatic processing?"

+1

<Yves_> fine

daveL: any other comments on that section?

(no objections)

daveL: moving on to 1.3

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#usage-scenarios

omstefanov: does the first two bullets are needed there? (static/dynamic lingual)

daveL: we could remove this and it wouldn't make a difference

<daveL> Implicitly, these examples carried the information that ITS -> Implicitly, these examples carried the information that ITS1.0

Remove two bulletes

<daveL> REmove bullets: Static mono-lingual: This part of the content has the directionality “right-to-left”. Dynamic multi-lingual: This part of the content should be excluded from a possible translation phase.

<daveL> "Although the ITS 1.0" -> "Although ITS 1.0"

daveL: do we address Leveraging in the usage scenarios?

omstefanov: We say "Most of them", so we don't need to address all

<daveL> change "Most of them are composed of several of the aforementioned phases"

<daveL> to "Most of them are composed of several of the aforementioned phases but without any specific phase ordering"

<omstefanov> How about "The examples show how various phases can be assembled into diferent production workflows."

+1 for omstefanov

<daveL> +1

daveL: any final words to section 1.3?

last call issues

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/125

daveL: I think edits has been done

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/126

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/127

daveL: I think edits has been done and people who raised only have to accept the solution
... we are at the top of the hour and are there are any other things you want to discuss about?
... I will check for hotel and put iton the agenda and also looking currently for the evening for monday

<omstefanov> got sound back ... sorry about the cut out

daveL: no call next week
... we see use next week in london or the week after that in dublin

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: dlewis6 to rewrite bullet points in 1.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-05 20:33:48 $