W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

22 May 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
fsasaki, renat, Yves, pedro, Jirka, phil, Des, Ankit, chriLi, mdelolmo, leroy, Milan, tadej, serge, dF
Regrets
dom, dave, jörg
Chair
felix
Scribe
fsasaki

Contents


Infoshare - your place to give infos about what has happened last week

1) Dublin f2f and ITS 2 showcase

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase#18_June_morning:_ITS_2.0_showcase

felix: please confirm by Thursday 23 May eob europe "your" slot / participation
... we will make a public announcement on the w3c homepage, have a registration page

des: list of external people?

felix: we will distirbute the program via w3c page / cngl / ...
... idea is nto to get many people
... have a registration and see who will register
... probably will have more technical people
... pedro had sent a layout with "business slots"
... not sure if we would have the right people for that in dublin

2) ITS Logo

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS2.0_Logo

pedro: if everybody agrees with phil's proposal
... we should just send the draft to somebody who is a graphic professional and go ahead

phil: jirka said that the "dublin core" tag line
... when you shrink the logo the line will get lost
... we could have several versions - one for larger , one for smaller scale
... jirka said that the 2.0 might not be needed when shrinking down
... I thought the ITS2.0 gives a symetries also it fits well to the font

pedro: agree
... if tomorrow there is a version 2.1, 2.x, the new updated logo can easily be updated with the new version
... indicating both the logo and the version is good
... if you search for ITS 2.0 you get more things reltaed to ITS

serge: colors on the top are a little bit dimmed
... one may ligthen them

pedro: sure
... I created them by using teh MLW colors
... that wouldn't stop us from makign the brighter

<Yves_> +1 for bright colors

pedro: should use some money for the final art of the logo

felix: everybody ok withteh logo and givng it to professional designer?

<scribe> ACTION: felix to find a designer to make the professional logo [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-531 - Find a designer to make the professional logo [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-29].

des: tag line looks off balanced

Adobe to describe current state of implementation

des: goal is to discuss state of implementation from Adobe
... will discuss implementation, current state, and the deliverables / coming months
... implementation prospoal based around adobe experience manager
... cq is CMS system, we proposed ITS2 into foundation layers that build up CQ

des explainign the relation between adobe experience mamanger , CRX and apache jackrabbit

and how ITS2 fits into here

des: development has started, work on two data categories: translate and loc note

looking at project time line (current version) - sprint based development. 1st prototype in june, 2nd prototype in july, 3rd in august, release in september

des: focus on HTML, global rules, no XML at this point
... will demo in the group 19 June

felix will distribute the slides

4) Logrus to describe current state of implementation

renat: preview tools needed for end users of ITS2
... so that they know what is inside XLIFF / HTML files, since you cannot see the metadata easily

<dF> will join audio soon..

renat: primary goal of project is visualizatino of metadata

ok

scribe: and to make metadata accessibility in translation tools
... also to make metadata avail. in browers, so that customization is easier
... project components: several visual designers to render metadata in browser
... javascript
... navigation of content in browser
... we will develop conversion algorithms: XML+ITS > HTML5+ITS
... XLIFF+ITS > HTML5+ITS
... XML+ITS > XLIFF+ITS
... HTML+ITS > HTML5+ITS
... development status of visual designs - example screen shots

renat explaining the visual layouts

renat: sample files will be completed by the end of may
... file conversion algorithm will be ready by the end of september
... xml conversion should be ready by July + August
... visualization scripts should be completed by the end of june
... issues to be addresses: "Tranlsation" of XPath expressions from source XML to target HTML files
... if ITS rules contains a "selector" attribute it refers to XML elements
... in HTML file the reference to names in XPath expressions needs to be replaced by e.g. "span"
... in XLIFF we need to use MRK instead of span
... selection between span and div in output html
... and merging of ITS rules into interal list of rules
... that is parsing of [recursive?] list of rules
... also issues related to visualization. Reneding of local + standoff markup, merging of rules, hyperlinks of embedded metadata
... highlighting of active ITS items
... parsing nested ITS metadata
... differences in java script implementations between browsers
... navigation through content and ITS items
... fragmentation of content to avoid large pieces of text to be displayed

renat demoing examples

felix: can you make the visualization part available by the end of june?

renat: yes

<chriLi> http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/csprd01/xliff-core-v2.0-csprd01.html#d0e8773 Visualization in XLIFF 2.0

christian: XLIFF 2.0 draft is out for comments
... the above link is also related to visualization
... renat, may be worth reading for you

<Yves_> One question: is the Logrus implementation for XLIFF 1.2 or 2.0?

renat: will implement 1.2 of XLIFF

<Yves_> ok thanks Renate

david: public review will be over by 29 May, please send comments asap
... there will be a second review, but we would like to have comments during the first period

5) "Elements Within Text" defaults in HTML5

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0182.html

http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/dom.html#phrasing-content-1

felix: asking if people have comments on the 182 mail or agree with it?

<Yves_> sure

<scribe> ACTION: yves to make elements within text edits and create example file, reflecting http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0182.html mail [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-532 - Make elements within text edits and create example file, reflecting http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0182.html mail [on Yves Savourel - due 2013-05-29].

6) Section 1-2 - how to move forward

felix: propose to have editors calls about section 1-2 in the next three weeks

david: agree

christian: me too
... will put my edits into the ODD, that will generate the CVS mails

<scribe> ACTION: felix to schedule editors calls [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-533 - Schedule editors calls [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-29].

7) XLIFF mapping layout and prefix

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_1.2_Mapping

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_2.0_Mapping

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2013May/0021.html

"itsxlf"

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase#18_June_morning:_ITS_2.0_showcase

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to find a designer to make the professional logo [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to schedule editors calls [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: yves to make elements within text edits and create example file, reflecting http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0182.html mail [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-05-22 13:24:23 $