W3C

- DRAFT -

web and tv testing tf

03 Apr 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Kazuyuki, Giuseppe, Clarke, Bin, Bryan, Yosuke, +1.514.461.aacc
Regrets
Chair
Clarke
Scribe
Kaz

Contents


liaison letter

clarke: sent out an updated version
... and got comments from Giuseppe
... removing coremob
... any other comments on this?

<giuseppep> the table is here: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/Feature_Coverage_Table

clarke: if no comments, Giuseppe should go ahead and send it out

giuseppe: you can update the text and send it to me
... and I can send it out

clarke: will do

bryan: do we need to add OMA for BCAST?

clarke: good

<giuseppep> the list is here: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing#Resources

clarke: do you want to be the contact person?

bryan: Mohamed from Orange would be a good starting point

clarke: any other suggestions?

(none)

clarke: Giuseppe suggested a poll

giuseppe: involve Web&TV members organizations by asking their opinions

clarke: my suggestion is using wiki and ask people to fill in

giuseppe: we can use the questionnaire system of W3C
... need to talk with the systeam
... and kaz could help

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppe to work with kaz to create an online poll [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-107 - Work with kaz to create an online poll [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2013-04-10].

clarke: any questions?

(none)

use cases

-> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing#Use_Cases tf wiki

giueppe: some work by Orange on benchmark
... something else we can look at
... will do it

clarke: three new use cases added by Bin

(ISSUE-62, ISSUE-63, ISSUE-64)

giuseppe: trying to understand why these three items were listed as use cases
... these specs (EME, etc.) are important
... do we want to list them as use cases?
... what would be the best way?

clarke: requirement document is our delivelable
... requirements for testing ecosystem
... testing features, etc.

<Zakim> bryan, you wanted to clarify that we were trying to figure out what the point of the use cases were, by offering some

bryan: my suggestion is focusing on features
... organizing test framework is handled by the testing wiki organized by Tobie
... at least CoreMob has decided to hand off testing topics to the Testing TF

giuseppe: the plan is not running this TF for years
... bringing our requirements to the testing wiki
... after our having discussion on our own requirements, we can join them

bryan: we can put ides on the table

<giuseppep> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing#The_Web_.26_TV_Testing_task_force_will_do_the_following:

clarke: testing features beyond what we've done or the testing initiative would be useful

giuseppe: if you see the above link on "what the TV testing TF do"
... there is description on what will be done
... input from industry

<bryan> so would you consider the use cases created by the other TF's in a similar vein

bryan: you got a use case here
... e.g., tablet-based TV

<giuseppep> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/Web_%26_TV_Testing_Discussions#Candidate_Use_Cases

bryan: which web&tv technology would be used?

giuseppe: correcting priority would be what we should do

clarke: we've got service discovery use case
... individual use case would be added to requirements for testing framework

giuseppe: use cases which have impact for testing framework
... if those use cases highlight issues of the testing framework, it would be great

<bryan> so it would be helpful for the "will do the following" part of the wiki to clarify what the use cases will focus on

giuseppe: benchmarking may need additional api

bryan: use cases drives the discussion on testing framework. right?
... it would be better to add some clarification
... on what the use cases will focus on

clarke: do you want to add some text?

giuseppe: adding some high level bullet

clarke: we're specifically searching for requirements for the testing framework

<bryan> sorry for the confusion, I think at least for us the intent is clear now

<scribe> ACTION: clarke to add clarification on what use cases for testing tf focus on [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-108 - Add clarification on what use cases for testing tf focus on [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-04-10].

<giuseppep> bryan: no problem, is ok to have these discussions

<scribe> ACTION: Bin to coordinate with Mark on possible modification [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Error finding 'Bin'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

clarke: will continue to use wiki format for web&tv testing requirements document

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Bin to coordinate with Mark on possible modification [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: clarke to add clarification on what use cases for testing tf focus on [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppe to work with kaz to create an online poll [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-04-03 21:40:52 $