W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

27 Mar 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Shadi, Klaus, Luz, Kerstin, Simon, Yehya, Giorgio, Markel, Yeliz, Christos
Regrets
Annika, Peter, Silvia, Justin, David, Markku
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Kerstin

Contents


F2F Discussion - Needs Finalising for Travel Arrangements (5m)

News on F2F discussions: Shadi - need room, try to organise a room this week.

Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m)

Shadi - latest update from Georgio. Review can start this week.

Mobile W3C Note move to Editors Draft (5m)

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/note/ED-mobile-20130326

Editor's draft ready to be reviewed

<yeliz> Good news

<yeliz> Just joined the call on right time

<yeliz> :)

Editor's draft version available to be reviewed by RDWG; inviting people

<yeliz> :)

Easy to Read W3C move to Internal Draft (5m)

Klaus - first draft version will be ready by tomorrow

Shadi will put the draft version online

Charter Update http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter3 | Exemplar - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2010/uawg_charter

Simon - new charter should be avaiable in June 2013 - extension of charter regarding targets, meetings - RDWG members shall see through the version of the charter till Mid of April.

Shadi invites RDWG members to make additional proposals for the charter.

Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m)

<sharper> I can report on the TC4R Research Note agenda item that Shawn and I had a short talk yesterday, and are meeting again tomorrow to agree actions for thebest couple of weeks to develop the draft to a point where it's ready for wider review and comment.

<shadi> +1 to timeline!

Update by David: TC4R research note is in progress. Proposals welcom

User Modelling Topic Plans (5m)

Symposium will take place around July 10th

Shadi - sufficient time for preparation

<christos> Sounds good for me too...

The symposium might take place on Monday, July 15th

<christos> mute me

Christos - further progress to be discussed during next RDWG meeting.

<giorgio> yes, just a few minor details.

Shadi - just minor changes

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20121114.html

Haptics and Smart Signs Topic Plans (5m)

Simon - would need Mark for further information

Simon - any other business?

<Luz> I am still working on the data regarding the font types (I will send it to Shadi as soon as I have it).

Simon - please look at the Mobile notes

Shadi - draft version are usually discussed within the editor's group.

Simon will send an e-mail and invite people to send their proposals

next week - no meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-03-27 15:53:54 $