W3C

- DRAFT -

Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

13 Mar 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Josh_Soref, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos, fjh, dom, Frederick_Hirsch, Anssi_Kostiainen, Laszlo_Gombos, Diana_Cheng, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
Regrets
Chair
Frederick_Hirsch
Scribe
fjh

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 13 March 2013

<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh

Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Note: This meeting is at regular ET time; this makes it an hour earlier in Europe due to different in daylight savings time, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Mar/0001.html

SysApps 'Contacts Manager API' : FPWD published http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-contacts-manager-api-20130307/

Minutes approval

fjh: Approve minutes from 6 March http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/att-0009/minutes-2013-03-06.html

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 March 2013 are approved

F2F Planning

Questionnaire completed 12 March, https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/2013-06-f2f/results

fjh: Slight preference for first week (also likely better for team contact and have reservation) , stronger preference for mid-week.

proposed RESOLUTION: next DAP F2F to be held in Dusseldorf 4-6 June 2013.

RESOLUTION: next DAP F2F to be held in Dusseldorf 4-6 June 2013.

fjh: caveat that having f2f will depend on having appropriate work for F2F, such as WebIntents proposal and progress for example
... Diana can you please reserve the room for that time

dcheng3: yes

fjh: thanks
... fyi on TPAC, will decide later this month regarding DAP meeting - TPAC 2013: Nov 18-22 in Shenzhen - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0095.html

Network Service Discovery

fjh: awaiting editorial update from Rich, any other need for discussion?

no discussion

HTML Media Capture

CfC for CR publication ending 19 March, please respond: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0007.html

fjh: we should close Doug's last call comments by monday unless a concern arises in which case it will be treated as CfC response, CfC ends on Tuesday.
... please reply
... working to arrange publication, thanks Anssi for editorial work

<scribe> ACTION: fjh to prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-623 - Prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-03-20].

fjh: obviously this can also go into HTML5 later

OMA Liaison

ACTION-613?

<trackbot> ACTION-613 -- Frederick Hirsch to draft proposed OMA liaison response -- due 2013-02-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/613

fjh: shared with coremob, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0010.html
... also provided draft OMA response on member list see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Mar/0003.html

dom: might want to mention work on network information API, network connection etc

fjh: i can mention the draft and point to it

dom: yes, mention that it can relate to network characteristics and if DANE will expose network characteristics then we would be interested in that

Actions

ACTION-446?

<trackbot> ACTION-446 -- Frederick Hirsch to review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html -- due 2011-08-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/446

ACTION-474?

<trackbot> ACTION-474 -- Adrian Bateman to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474

fjh: will follow up

ACTION-565?

<trackbot> ACTION-565 -- Josh Soref to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available -- due 2012-08-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/565

fjh: can we close this one

close ACTION-565

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-565 Propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available.

<dom> (I think Adrian completed his action-474 and reported its outcome during TPAC)

ACTION-591?

<trackbot> ACTION-591 -- Greg Billock to work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues -- due 2013-03-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/591

<scribe> in progress

close ACTION-613

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-613 Draft proposed OMA liaison response.

ACTION-621?

<trackbot> ACTION-621 -- Anssi Kostiainen to create test cases for HTML Media Capture -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/621

ACTION-622?

<trackbot> ACTION-622 -- Frederick Hirsch to follow up on concrete actions based on PING input -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/622

still open

fjh: no pending actions

Issues

ISSUE-127?

<trackbot> ISSUE-127 -- Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/127

ISSUE-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128

Other Business

none

Adjourn

<Josh_Soref> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: fjh to prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-03-13 14:39:54 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/scribe: Josh_Soref//
Found ScribeNick: fjh
Inferring Scribes: fjh
Default Present: Josh_Soref, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos, fjh, dom
Present: Josh_Soref dcheng3 AnssiK lgombos fjh dom Frederick_Hirsch Anssi_Kostiainen Laszlo_Gombos Diana_Cheng Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0008.html
Found Date: 13 Mar 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-minutes.html
People with action items: fjh

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]