See also: IRC log
<scribe> scribe: Jan
JS: WCAG is now a 4 host
org...should added a University in China
... Next years TPAC will be in Shenzhen China
... In early Nov.
... We are asking a little early
JT: Any other accessibility working groups to be there?
... Plus we are expecting 200+ local developers to attend.
... PF, WCAG, EO to meet there.
... Also trying to have UA meet there.
JT: Should we have a meeting there?
GP: I know they are not part of this working group, there will be some other Adobe folks there....but I may not be able to attend.
TB: Sounds like good meeting, but will have to check budgetr
JT: Is a WG meeting the only mechanism?... what about having an education and outrach type activity?
JS: Yes that's possible ... I
sent an idea like that for UAAG to Judy
... EO will be holding open meeting...we are thinking the same for UA
TB: Idea might be to channel our
activities through the EO group.
... Would look good to have all the groups' work prersented together
JT: When do we need to formulate a response?
JS: Need rough idea this
... We need to start the fund raising
JT: Do we want to hold a meeting there?
JR: It does seem like many WAI groups are meeting there
JT: I feel like whatever we do there....there should be outreach activities
JS: Most of the other WGs will be
lightly attended...and focussed on outreach
... A 9am meeting in Shenshen is 8pm eastern time...5pm West Coast
... Will be testing at that time
JT: We have had a number of potential Chinese members, who just can't make it
to our usual call
JT: Tentative conclusion is that we will have some presence there...some kind of outreach...
JR: So perhaps a few of our
members would attend in person...
... Would run outreach activities there...and also on a couple of day 9am-noon (8pm-11pm ET) WG meetings
... How do we get onto the plenary presentation agenda?
JS: Harder....in recent years its
been an unconference
... In advance there has been a topic wiki
... Not sure if they will do that in China
JT: Please investigate how we get onto the Wed plenary agenda
<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to investigate how to get an ATAG presentation on the Wednesday plenary agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Error creating new action - could not connect to Tracker. Please contact sysreq with the details of what happened.
<jeanne> Resolution: In the new charter, remove the dependency on WCAG and UAAG.
Resolution: Agree on 4 weeks to finalize tests
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 1: Assembling Implementation List: 2 months
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 2: Testing the products
Discussion of numbers of tools required for CR
JR prefers less tools
JT: So for last milestone...you were thinking much more time?
JR: Figure of a year came up
JS: I don't want that, but ARIA
has been testing for almost 2 years
... WCAG testing ...was it a year?
JT: At least
JS: One major thing is that we've already written the tests
JT: Can we move faster than the milestone?
JS: Would be ok
JT: OK, so why don't we go with a year here
JT: I will be sending a msg out re: final approval of the tests
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137 of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: Jan Inferring ScribeNick: Jan Default Present: Jeanne, Jan, Jutta, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Tim_Boland Present: Jeanne Jan Jutta +1.571.765.aaaa Greg Tim_Boland Regrets: Cherie_E Alex_Li_(likely) Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/0052.html Got date from IRC log name: 11 Mar 2013 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html People with action items: jeanne WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]