W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

20 Feb 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
felix, Karl, Marcis, DomJones, Yves, Des, Arle, dF, shaunm, renatb, nieves, swalter, Ankit, DaveLewis, pnietoca, philr, Jirka, Naoto, leroy, Declan, omstefanov, mdelolmo
Regrets
christian
Chair
felix
Scribe
daveL

Contents


rome setup

<Jirka> http://www.multilingualweb.eu/en/documents/rome-workshop/rome-program

<fsasaki> http://www.multilingualweb.eu/rome-showcase

felix: showcase is titles of WG poster
... asks everyone to check that these titles are correct
... the google doc has logistic details, please check these are correct

<fsasaki> "HTML-to-TMS Roundtrip using XLIFF with CMS-LION and SOLAS TCD/UL" > "HTML-to-TMS Roundtrip using XLIFF with CMS-LION and SOLAS UL/TCD"

dave; change poster session from 'TCD/UL' to 'UL/TCD'

<fsasaki> "Simple Segment Machine Translation DCU " > "Simple Segment Machine Translation DCU/TCD"

<fsasaki> http://www.multilingualweb.eu/rome-showcase

<fsasaki> "Showcase Session presentations will be held in parallel to the Workshop’s general poster session after lunch on both days (March 12 and 13) of the Workshop as well as during the afternoon coffee break on Day 1 (March 12) and morning coffee break on Day 2 (March 13)."

felix: showcases are parallel to session, in the coffee breaks/lunch breaks

arle: concerns raise that the people in the lunchtime session that people won't have time to eat
... but people are free to roam

dave: will area be secure

arle: area not secure, so may need to be able to take item away

<fsasaki> dave: make sure that somebody takes an I on things when others are leaving

dave: could just coordinate to watch over eachother kit

felix: asks nieves to investigate

dave: will there by wifi

felix: yes, confirmed

arle: each person need to bring thier own poster, but we will provide mounting materials

felix: asks should all posters be laminated

arle: would recommend not to laminate this as it adds to the cost, glossy finish would be better

felix: everyone should opt just for glossy finish

luxembourg prep

felix: don't have agenda yet, but have outline from other project covering management, WP and outreach
... at review we will present a subset of annual report content and then a demo session
... But doW WP are often orthogonal to actual integraiton and demo work.

<fsasaki> dave: keep WP1, 2 and 6 separate

<fsasaki> .. they are outside the others

<fsasaki> .. we report on integration work in the form we demonstrate them

<fsasaki> dave: make sure that you report on deliverable progress - you can do that in the mgmt intro

<Declan> agree not to follow strict WP-based presentations. From previous project reviews, this has worked quite well

felix: aim to make the review as engaging as possible
... use as much as possible to bring posters form Rome to review

declan; probably won't have time to present them, but a selection may be useful for reference

felix: agreed

felix, we are having trouble hearing you

<pnietoca> Seems like Felix is having problems with his audio

declan: shall we agree who should present

who will go to lux

<fsasaki> daveL: arrange a rehersal session, even if virtual

<kfritsche> Clemens

<Yves_> ENLASO: Yves

<fsasaki> felix to lux

felix: please could everyone provide the name of the people from you organsiation who will go

<philr> philr will represent VistaTEC at Luxembourg

<dF> UL: Reinhard

<fsasaki> DFKI: Arle, Felix

<kfritsche> Cocomore: Clemens probably also H.v.F

TCd: Dave

<pnietoca> Linguaserve: Pedro will attend to Luxembourg

<swalter> Hans, I thiink so, too...

<Declan> DCU: Ankit probably also Declan

<Jirka> No, I can't attend Lux

Felix: jirka unable to attend
... as demo, better to have industry showcases

<fsasaki> Cocomore, Linguaserve, VistaTEC

<fsasaki> daveL: hard to demonstrate everything

<fsasaki> .. good to have yves

<fsasaki> .. ENLASO

felix: so then: cocomore, vistatec, linguasaseve (with MT)

<pnietoca> Pedro has in mind to show a demo

<Declan> (Once there is a preliminary list of attendees - it may be worth checking with Kimmo as to who he expects/wishes to attend to ensure we have the desired representation)

<pnietoca> for both WP3 and WP4

felix: subcontractors are not obliged to come, but can if they want

des: unable to attend

horst; sebastian may be able to attend from init

<omstefanov> what are the date(s) for Luxembourg?

<Yves_> March-15

felix; confirms clemens could demo for cocomore

felix: bout UL/DCU/TCD

<fsasaki> dave: could merge things from DCU/TCD, I can demo, ankit and declan can say more about the MT side

<Ankit> agreed

declan; agrees that a condensed version of TCD/DCU/UL

<fsasaki> ACTION: daveL to make slide tempalte for review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-450 - Make slide tempalte for review [on David Lewis - due 2013-02-27].

poster template

<fsasaki> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0130.html attachment

des: do we need to use the uptodate template

felix: please use the new temaplte
... we need to have a rehersal

rehersal for review

<fsasaki> daveL: thursday morning, 14 March, in rome?

<Marcis> The template had a low-res logo of EU and MLW-LT

<Marcis> will these be updated

<Marcis> ?

<fsasaki> felix: will do a doodle for a 2 hour call

review posters

<fsasaki> phil: key, legend, context or map would be good

<fsasaki> .. woudl be useful for the review too

<philr> Yeah, as a slide transition

<fsasaki> .. at the review we show all the differetn views

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0130.html

<kfritsche> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0130/TCD-cmis-prov2.pdf

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0130/ITS_overview.pptx

<fsasaki> felix: above pptx is what dave proposed to re-use across posters

<omstefanov> DaveL do you think the fonts can be bigger, especially the red ones for the arc arrows

<philr> yes

felix; everyone should do update to poster by the 27th Feb

<Yves_> can you paste the link to the posters again. thanks.

poster1 is missing outline, new temaplte should fix this

same for poster 2, use new outline

<fsasaki> dave: about font size

<fsasaki> .. font size is different

<fsasaki> .. e.g. poster 2 has a bigger font size compared to poster 1

<philr> I had based my font sizes on posters from CNGL which worked well

<omstefanov> davL - I'm willing to try to rework the arc powerpoint and send it to you

<fsasaki> daveL: useful to look at yves' and jirkas , p1 and p2

<fsasaki> .. both are technical which is good

<omstefanov> the important part about larger fonts is for those posters that will be used as slides. Posters in and of themselves, if not used as slides can have smaller fonts

<fsasaki> .. but also add: who would benefit, who has an easier life from this?

<fsasaki> .. add that to make things clearer for people coming from a user perspective

<omstefanov> viewers of slides develop negative opinions of slides that have fonts that can't be seen.

<fsasaki> davel: most people have been to MLW ws

<fsasaki> .. great thing is that they have a mix of stakeholdres

technical progress

felix: technical progress on last call has been slowed by rome preparation
... david will review issue list and look to see if there are new action points needed or followed up on
... so look for mails form co-chair
... Can't predict exactly when we will finish last call stage, but probably in April, a month later than planned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: daveL to make slide tempalte for review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-20 14:45:05 $