W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

13 Feb 2013

Attendees

Present
Christos, Vivienne, Shadi, Simon, Annika, Mark, Peter, Justin, Yehya, Giorgio
Regrets
Silvia
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Christos

Contents


Metrics W3C Note Status (5m)

shadi; We are still stuck on my end

Mobile W3C Note Status (5m)

sh: it is progressing slowly... all issues are addressed
... we have to reference some more discussion on platform independence

peter: working on the issues

sh: any questions?

shadi: what's the plan for taking it to WAI Coordination Group (CG)?

sh: we are moving through issues
... when finished we will move it to the coordination group
... hope to make it till the end of the month

<Justin_> is muted

shadi: there is a meeting in the next days and I wiil bring it in

<Vivienne> no, I'm identified

<peter> yup

<Justin_> xakim, IPcaller is me

Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m)

sh: shaw and david are reporting they are progressing slowly

shadi; is there a timeline?

sh: I;ll send an email for that

shadi; this will help to know when the group will need to review

shadi: this will help to know when the group will need to review

Easy to Read W3C Note Status (5m)

sh: klauss could not be here so I'll send him an email too

Next Topic Plans (10m)

sh: there are 2 new ideas about open annotations

<mhakkinen> +q

sh: and about accessibility and india

marku: update on events taken place
... on the end of the workshop we disucssed on making a group and around 12 people were interested
... so e-learning has some interest
... I am going to rearragne the images topic to fit with haptic

sh: there are 3-4 ideas so we need to decide on the order
... is there any barrier for putin a date for the next event
... there are some topics that can make a difference and i don;t want to loose momentum

shadi: there are many tpoics
... 2 things need to take care
... our cycle from making the symposium to closing is quite long
... we still don't have a timeline on when we are going to close already open topics
... the other thing is that we are interlinked with other groups... we are overlapping with other groups and we need some criteria of selection of topics
... this is also usefull in coordination
... it's good to have discussion of next topic .... but we need to move on closing already open ones

sh:

sorry... i lost audio

<peter> I can scribe

I am dropping for a moment ... be right back...

<peter> sh: need a plan so we know what we're doing

<peter> .. 2-3 months to get next symposium going, this gives us time to clear up metrics and mobile notes

<peter> .. and work other notes

peter I can take it from here

<peter> sh: today I propose we rank the proposals

<peter> righto :)

<shadi> scribe: christos

<peter> yup

<shadi> +1 to Simon's proposal

<Yehya> +1

<giorgio> +1 fr simon

<Vivienne> accreditation

sh: we can decide which ones are the next 3
... we can also include the 2 topics I've sent out this morning

<peter> We have: http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/User_modelling, http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Accreditation_Methods (what were the other two again?)

sh: in this case we can communicate with the community groups
... typing each one and +1 you want

<sharper> User Modelling

+1

<Justin_> +1

<annika> +1

<sharper> +1

<peter> +1

<Yehya> +1

<Vivienne> +1

user modeling, acceditation, notifcation, haptics and smart images, etextbook and elearning

<shadi> +1

<giorgio> +1

<mhakkinen> +1

<sharper> Haptics and Smart Images

<peter> +1

<shadi> +1

<giorgio> +1

<Vivienne> +1

<mhakkinen> +1

+1

<sharper> +1

sh: 7 for smart images

<sharper> Notifications

<shadi> +1

+1

<annika> +1

<Yehya> +1

<peter> +1

<Justin_> +1

<sharper> etextbook and elearning

<Justin_> +1

<mhakkinen> +1

<Yehya> +1

<giorgio> +1

<sharper> +1

<sharper> Accreditation

<Justin_> +1

<Vivienne> +1

<annika> +1

<mhakkinen> +q

sh; we got user modelling, haptics and smart images and notifications

marku: are we going to open vote to others not participating the call?

shadi: we are neglecting part of the group from the vote.... so if we want a formal vote we might need to use open voting
... there is difference between majority vote and concensus

sh: we might need to wirte a shoprt paragraph on why to select each topic

viv: I agree with shadi ... maybe we can present this paragraph in the wiki?

sh: the short description of why it is important will become part of the wiki
... we are researchers an we more or less know what is going to have an impact
... we sent an email and vote out before christmas and it all came back to the same topics...
... however if the group wants an official vote I think we can arrange that

shadi: viviennes suggestion was usefull
... since the decision impacts the course of the group so i'd like not to miss anyones point

<Vivienne> yes, that's fine

<mhakkinen> +1

shadi: maybe sent a notification and request objections

<sharper> email

<Vivienne> +1

+1

<peter> +1

<giorgio> +1

<annika> +1

<mhakkinen> +q

sh: what the groups thinks about a symposium on developing countries and accessibility and on open annotations

marku: the annotations topic was discussed ont he ebooks workshop
... it would be good to have a topic on ebook and openannotations too

viv: i like the idea of reaching the india group

sh: So I'll present the 3 selected topics and then run through the new ones

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-14 10:47:49 $