W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

30 Jan 2013

Attendees

Present
Vivienne, Simon, Shadi, Klaus, Justin, Annika, Markel, Yehya, Christos, Markku, Peter, Yeliz
Regrets
Luz, Giorgio, Silvia, David, Kerstin
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Yehya

Contents


Continue Mobile Note Para-by-Para Review

SH: Review starting with Section 3

Peter: Section 3 has changed, we should skip, return to it later

SH: Section 4.1 is okay

<peter> yup

SH: copy right sign on trade mark names

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/20/copyright-trade-mark-names-ie-42

SH: section 4.2 and 4.3 are reasonable

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/21/5-research-roadmap-avoid-over-using-miss

SAZ: roardmap may be is not appropriate here, it is usually broader than we have! SAZ will come back again on this point

<yeliz> It might be better to use another term, if people agree

<mhakkinen> +1 agenda

<Vivienne> I prefer Agenda also

Christos: suggests Agenda instead of roadmap

<peter> 1+

<peter> (forget that plus one :)

SAZ: it is more a refelction. Agenda is similar to roadmap

YY: DIscussion section

SH: does not like discussion

<yeliz> I would be OK with that

peter: Future directions

<yeliz> as well

<yeliz> +1

<peter> +1 future directions

+1

<mhakkinen> +1

<christos> +

<Vivienne> +1

SH: change the current future directions to something else

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/21/5-research-roadmap-rename-to-future

YY: maybe we do not need the current section title "future directions"

<yeliz> +1 I agree

<markel> sounds good

<peter> yup

Vivian: Unified web paragraph: changes to ubiquitous ...

<peter> yup

Vivian: second sentence ... there are many ..

<yeliz> +1

<peter> +1

<peter> yup

<yeliz> Good idea

Markel: people with disability instead of disabled people

Vivian: There are discussions about this issue.

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/22/5-research-roadmap-minor-edits-vivienne

SAZ: current writing style "people with disabilities". SAZ will double check with Shawn

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/23/5-research-roadmap-disabled-people-to

<christos> +q

Vivia: can platforms become smarter?

<peter> sure +1

<Vivienne> ok+1

<peter> (makes it a bit clearer)

<markel> +1

<peter> yup

<Justin> +1

<mhakkinen> +1 strong (not bold)

Christos: bold the starting of the paragaphs in this section

<yeliz> Thanks, Markel, that's because different people worked on different sections:)

<peter> yup

<markel> especially "Desktop" and "Mobile"

Markel: Inconsistency in the use of mobile web vs. Web, World Wide Web

<yeliz> yes

SH: Section " Future Appoaches" word behind!

<yeliz> I will try

SH: Section 6 "Conclusions"
... Any additional references?

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/24/5-research-roadmap-bold-sub-sub-sections

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/25/5-research-roadmap-check-consistency

Markku: there many to add Markku will send ...

<markel> http://mobile-accessibility.di.fc.ul.pt

<peter> I'll add an issue to add that

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/26/add-these-references

SH: Discussion about the appendencies!

<markel> I'm fine with the appendix

SAZ: due to length we could have them separately

<markel> I would leave them there

SH: keeping them in there make the a holostic reading possible

<yeliz> better to keep them

<Justin> keep therm in

<peter> could we have both? linkable would also be nice?

<yeliz> +1 keep them

<peter> true good point

SH: linakble with anker!

<mhakkinen> +1 keep

<christos> +1 keep them

<yeliz> Simon, updated version is here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3040203/RDWG%20Mobile%20Note.html

SAZ: will check with the W3C copy right

<peter> (thanks Yeliz!)

<peter> (shadi would you like a bitbucket issue on the copy right bit?)

<peter> Yup - it's good

<yeliz> We checked that

<yeliz> :0

<yeliz> :)

<yeliz> :)

SH: go to section 3

<yeliz> it would be good to add reference to RIAM project

<yeliz> :)

<yeliz> under paper 3

<sharper> syncing ->synchronising

<sharper> them often -> them, often (?)

<sharper> with neither very -> both neither very

<sharper> ?

<yeliz> We need to add references to this section

<yeliz> :)

<sharper> need to make sure we enunciate AT and API at the start

<shadi> some character coding issues on my setting

<shadi> eg "browser combinations‚&#x20ac;&#x2122; are by using"

<markel> I think the character encoding problem happens because the file is not hosted on a web server

<annika> clarify, is HTML(5) the same as HTML5?

<sharper> probably expand the RIAM acronym

<peter> annika - hmm right, HTML5 was renamed to HTML but people know the spec as HTML5. Do we think HTML5 or HTML or HTML(5)?

<markel> yes

Yehya: or make RIAM a clikable link

<christos> yes

<peter> Yup - adding now

<shadi> keep "HTML5" http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/

<peter> righto :)

Yehya: UAAG2 should as well become clickable link

<shadi> yeliz, please link to "intro pages" like http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/uaag

<yeliz> OK, I think it would be good if Peter can create an issue about this so that we check all of them

SH: Section 3 seems to be okay!

<peter> yup - will add an issues (globally throughout doc)

<Justin> +q

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/#proceedings

Justin: adding the workshop name and date

SAZ: adding the affilliation of the authors

<sharper> E. Woodward and B. Cragun. Accessible security for mobile. In Y. Y. Simon Harper, Peter Thiessen, editor, W3C WAI RDWG Symposium on Mobile Web Accessibility, page article 1, 2012.

<shadi> Paper 1: E. Woodward and B. Cragun. Accessible security for mobile.

<peter> I've always liked the scalability of bullet points

SAZ: I would not hyperlink the whole thing

<markel> :-D

<christos> +1 for bullet points

<shadi> Paper 1: _Accessible security for mobile_ (E. Woodward and B. Cragun.)

<peter> scalability -> scannability :)

<peter> sorry &#x2026; too much coffee etc.

<Justin> not enough coffee

<peter> :)

<shadi> Paper 1: _Accessible security for mobile_ (E. Woodward and B. Cragun 2012)

SAZ: making them as references e.g. [1]

<peter> +1 what SH just said

<Justin> As a academic drone, I too like references :)

SH: or as a cademic references (Author 2012)

<sharper> Paper 1: _Accessible security for mobile_ (E. Woodward and B. Cragun 2012)

<Justin> +1

<klaus> +1

<Vivienne> +1

<yeliz> What is the alternative, ?

<sharper> +1

+1

<christos> +1

<peter> +1 (willing to let bullet points go)

<yeliz> +1

<markel> +1

<peter> noted - adding issue

SH: AOB?

<peter> *will post remaining issues in irc log momentarily

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/27/3-current-research-double-check-character

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/28/3-current-research-html-html-5-rename-to

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/29/3-current-research-make-acronyms-clickable

<peter> https://bitbucket.org/sharpic/rdwg-note/issue/30/3-current-research-update-reference-style

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-30 15:51:36 $