W3C

- DRAFT -

Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference

24 Jan 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
biplav, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, Deirdre, BenediktKaempgen, cygri, gatemezi, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, jpalmeida, agipap, TallTed, +3858514aabb, +8561729aacc, makx, Yigal, tinagheen
Regrets
Chair
Bernadette
Scribe
BenediktKaempgen

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 24 January 2013

<bhyland> Propose to accept last week's minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-01-17

<scribe> Scribe: BenediktKaempgen

Last Call

<jpalmeida> jpalmeida

<jpalmeida> ipcaller is jpalmeida

<scribe> Meeting: GLD-WG telecon 24 Jan 2013

<jpalmeida> Joao Paulo

jean paul: I raised some issues about org ontology

<scribe> Chair: Bernadette

<bhyland> New members to the WG include:

<bhyland> Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

bhyland: we have still new people joining, e.g., in December. Welcome!

<bhyland> +1

Approve Minutes

<Biplav> +1

+1

<Mike_Pendleton> +1

<scribe> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124

<jpalmeida> I was not present but have read and agree

<jpalmeida> +1

Best PRactices

<bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html

Resolved: accepted minutes

<Mike_Pendleton> I would like to support editing it

<Biplav> I can help edit

bhyland: if someone would like to add something to bp document, please speak up

<jpalmeida> We will review to see whether we can contribute

bhyland: will hopefully still input some information about a real-world example

Glossary

<bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html

bhyland: please e-mail me if you have any comments.

cygri: what is the plan with the glossary after the wg comes to an end?

<Makx> hi all, i am on IRC but can't get a voice connection. problem on my end so it seems. working on it.

bhyland: we were discussing it months ago whether to publish a wg note or wiki.

Sandro: We discussed to pubish it as a wg note so that it can be taken over by another wg afterwards.

<scribe> ACTION: Bhyland to Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-95 - Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-01-31].

@bhyland: is that action fine?

DCAT

cygri: will check back with fadi

bhyland: feels that we are close with DCAT and suggests to get it out to the next step (last call) rather soon

<HadleyBeeman> +1 to having only one glossary

mike_Pendleton: How about putting it into one bigger glossary and simply point to it from other sources?

<jpalmeida> ??P29 is jpalmeida

F2F

+q

* sorry, I do not understand well due to noise

<makx> should be me

<makx> having bad line today

bhyland: will create f2f wiki page asap

http://www.data-forum.eu/

<bhyland> EU Data Forum

<DeirdreLee> updated url: http://2013.data-forum.eu/

<makx> I will not be in Dublin

<makx> for EDF

bhyland: hope it is clear that we are doing the f2f just before or after the EDF.

<bhyland> Deirdre is organizing our venue in Dublin …

<gatemezi> @Deirdre: what is the difference between the 2 links?

DeirdreLee: To held the f2f at the same place at the EDF, that may be much more expensive than to do it somewhere else in Dublin

bhyland: the poll showed that the day after the EDF would be best
... up for discussion whether to meet for one or two days f2f

<HadleyBeeman> If we have two days, we could look at actually working together, rather than just reviewing progress? (If that would be helpful?)

DeirdreLee: On the webiste of EDF, you also find information about hotels etc.

<bhyland> Encourage everyone to register for the EU Data Forum asap, it is free. Seee http://2013.data-forum.eu/

<scribe> ACTION: DeirdreLee to Find venue for f2f on 11 and/or 12 April 2013 in Dublin [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Error finding 'DeirdreLee'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users>.

<bhyland> Calls for contribution, see http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution

<bhyland> Not a conference per se.

<bhyland> Please contribute research topics & use cases

<bhyland> Some invited experts from industry are included in the agenda

<bhyland> Open data, linked data, etc are all topics.

<bhyland> Prime Minister of Ireland and Vice President of EU Commission will be opening the conference

<bhyland> FYR:

<bhyland> Further Information about the European Data Forum

<bhyland> EDF2013 website: http://2013.data-forum.eu/

<bhyland> Overall EDF website: http://www.data-forum.eu/

<bhyland> LinkedIn Group: http://bit.ly/linkedin-EDF

<bhyland> Twitter: https://twitter.com/#%21/EUDataForum

<bhyland> hashtag: #EDF2013

<bhyland> Companies will be showcasing apps

DeirdreLee: Will be lot of invited speakers (e.g., industry and academia) and call for contributions (mainl on Big Data up-take, Big Data challenges, Linked Data, of course...). Vice President of EC commission Neely Kroes is invited.

<bhyland> Q) Anyone interested in a GLD WG presentation??

<HadleyBeeman> Sure, I think that would be useful

<DeirdreLee> Call for Contributions: http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution

DeirdreLee: Encourages everyone to show LD deployments. Also, GLD could present their results.

<gatemezi> +1 for haaving a presentation of GLD WG during the meeting

Sandro: Great opportunity for GLD stakeholder meeting. Invite people to a meeting, receive feedback from them.
... discussions about issues and deliverables.

bhyland: will send an email to GLD group to contribute to GLD presentation at EDF with demonstrations, deployments, lessons learned...

Sandro: In particular QB could be interesting.

<bhyland> Bern: Shouldn't we reach out to the CKAN/OKF people on this conference & confirm someone is attending ...

DeirdreLee: bear in mind that many people at EDF might not have a high technical background

<jpalmeida> Joao Paulo

Benedikt: Sorry, cannot make the F2F or EDF in person but try to logon via remote call.

<jpalmeida> I was not on the queu

<jpalmeida> e

data.gov.in

Biplav: they are publishing data and are looking for scenarios around which people can create applications.
... it would be nice to hear from best practices, e.g., from data.gov.uk, about Governement Linked Open Data applications.

bhyland: encourages biplav to reach out to data.gov.uk people

Biplav: asking for more general application patterns

<bhyland> adjourned

<makx> bye talk to you all next week

<jpalmeida> thx, bye

<Biplav> Thanks

bhyland: looking forward to feedback for glossary and bp, but not so much about formatting stuff

<bhyland> Thanks Deirdre for all your help with Dublin meeting & sharing about EDF!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Bhyland to Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: DeirdreLee to Find venue for f2f on 11 and/or 12 April 2013 in Dublin [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-24 15:46:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/will send an email/will send an email to GLD group/
Found Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
Inferring ScribeNick: BenediktKaempgen
Default Present: biplav, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, Deirdre, BenediktKaempgen, cygri, gatemezi, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, jpalmeida, agipap, TallTed, +3858514aabb, +8561729aacc, makx, Yigal, tinagheen
Present: biplav HadleyBeeman bhyland Deirdre BenediktKaempgen cygri gatemezi Sandro Mike_Pendleton jpalmeida agipap TallTed +3858514aabb +8561729aacc makx Yigal tinagheen
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
Found Date: 24 Jan 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html
People with action items: bhyland deirdrelee

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]