15 Nov 2012


See also: IRC log


+49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober, Cynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara, Radhika_Roy, +1.613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba


<mjs> hello WG

<mjs> Zakin, who is making noise?

<scribe> ScribeNick: hober

ACTION items due by Thursday, November 15


<trackbot> ACTION-223 -- Paul Cotton to figure out how extension specs can refer to HTML 5.1 -- due 2012-11-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/223

mjs: paul is on vacation


<trackbot> ACTION-224 -- Robin Berjon to summarise I18N discussion and bugs, copy public-i18n -- due 2012-11-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/224

hober: robin sent that summary while at tpac

<mjs> close action-244

<trackbot> Sorry... closing ACTION-244 failed, please let sysreq know about it

<mjs> close action 22-4

<mjs> close action-224

<trackbot> ACTION-224 Summarise I18N discussion and bugs, copy public-i18n closed

Calls for Consensus to advance to CR

mjs: the chairs have put out CfCs for htm5, canvas 2d context, and microdata
... useful to have a record of positive responses; if you agree with moving these to cr, please post to that end on the list
... if you have objections, such as the set of at risk features or anything else, please do post those as well
... longer-than-usual CfC period to to Thanksgiving holiday

Steps for remaining potential CR documents

mjs: polyglot and alt techniques documents need to have some issues resolved before they move forward
... both have objections re: note- or rec-track
... both documents need custom cr exit criteria
... they consist entirely of author conformance criteria without ua conformance requirements
... hoping the editors will propose cr exit criteria
... we also need cr candidate drafts to be prepared

Calls for Consensus to advance to FPWD

mjs: one out this week, on main element - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0129.html
... a number of folk have expressed support
... no objections as of yet
... this would define <main> that serves the same role as the corresponding ARIA landmark role
... like the other landmark-like sectioning elements (<article>, etc.)

Task Force reports

Testing Task Force

krisk: we haven't met since tpac
... meet again next tuesday
... considering changing the organization of the folders tests live in

A11Y Task Force

janina_: new leadership and participants
... some time-sensitive work, such as the alt guidance in html5 section 4.8
... tf would like to meet with the (html5) editors about this
... chaals took an action item to follow up on this
... re: longdesc, chaals has some edits to make, we will have a tf cfc through the monday following thanksgiving
... bug triage team is trying to clear out the bugs with a11ytf keywords on them
... discussed producing extension specs around issue-194

Media Task Force

adrianba: not much to report
... haven't met since tpac
... part of one tpac day was spent on the two media specs
... fair amount of pending work from tpac discussion
... tpac discussions were very fruitful and productive
... next meeting is in 2 weeks

Other Business

Scribe for next meeting (in two weeks)

<adrianba> i can scribe

cabanier: i can scribe

mjs: we are adjourned

RRSAgent: make logs public

RRSAgent: generate minutes

RRSAgent: make logs public

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/11/15 18:00:43 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Mirc_Text_Format (score 0.98)

Succeeded: s/the/be/
Found ScribeNick: hober
Inferring Scribes: hober
Default Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober, Cynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara, Radhika_Roy, +1.613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba
Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa +1.415.595.aabb cabanier hober Cynthia_Shelly krisk Eliot jaymunro edoyle Barbara Radhika_Roy +1.613.287.aacc MartinSoukup adrianba

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0013.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 15 Nov 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]