See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 15 November 2012
<Judy> scribe: Judy
<chaals> [chaals has to apologise for not having the longdesc draft updated yet. Will be tonight, but later]
JB: link works if decoupled from the quote marks at the end
SF: We have some feedback
already, from Laura, and from Steve
... Looked through the feedback yet Charles?
CMN: Looked all editorial, and anticipated doing it in a few hours, to update it
SF: Thx, once you have that done,
we'll have another look over it
... and we're not likely to meet next Thurs because of US Thanksgiving
JS: Shall we run a consensus call in email to see if we want to request a first public working draft?
CMN: Need to update the
... but that could be today
JS: and we need to do a week's consensus call
JB: no extension given a significant holiday in one of the countries w/ participants?
CMN: this is longer than the previous review process
SF: how about the following Monday?
JB: sounds better
To'C: Apple shut all next week, fyi
<chaals> ACTION: Chaals to publish updated draft and call for consensus running until Monday 26th [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-146 - Publish updated draft and call for consensus running until Monday 26th [on Charles McCathie Nevile - due 2012-11-22].
<David> scribe: David
leonie: bugs assigned to sub teams... most are "won't fix" or "need more info"... historically "won't fix" not always great reason... need a plan
stevef: have some canvas bugs.. asking Rich to look at those... asking Rich if he can help
Rich: 0961 we are not using image maps on canvas... so close it
248, 249 all that stuff is for rich text editing... moved to HTML.next
Janina: then we should move those to html.next
leonie: I can o that tell me what to do
Steve: for the alt text David and I can look at them next week
Leonie: Janina will will tap John F. on media related ones
<Stevef> general bugs 78 - https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11ytf&keywords_type=allwords&f1=keywords&o1=nowordssubstr&resolution=NEEDSINFO&resolution=INVALID&resolution=WONTFIX&query_format=advanced&bug_status=RESOLVED&v1=a11y_canvas%2C%20a11y_text-alt%2C%20media&product=HTML%20WG&list_id=2002
Stevef: any ideas on what to do with rest of bugs... no response from group...
Judy: asks Leonie for a while bug triage not meeting... do you need people?
leonie: only 2-3 on group...
could use help... don't have domain expertise on some of
... we'll put together some ideas
... accesskeys... Jim Allen, kelly ford, user agent folks know about keyboar issues
Judy: will contact them... jeanne spellman also .... one or two meetings for focus walk through...
leonie: that would help
michael c: number of bugs with media, alt text, and canvas...
<MichaelC_> text alt and canvas
Johnf: yes I can help
<chaals> [I will try to attend call to look through accesskey/keyboard bugs]
chaals: I will try to attend call to look through accesskey/keyboard bugs
janina: don't believe we can do Accesskey in timeframe
chaals: not much to do, not a big issue that we can't make changes
<chaals> [can't make significant changes in 5.0 timeframe, that is]
stevef: most pressing is alt txt adice in html5. call for consensus... still contains contrary guidance on alt
stevef: i sent email ... my hat off... gives overview, and what I think options are... normative guidance in spec for alt text... author guidance (not machine check things which is bein sorted out)
history of group seeking to move out 4.8 guidance, and what I think we could do
janina: need to quickly take hold
of previous process
... meet spec editors, assuming they are amenable to remove advice that is in conflict with WCAG
... need to schedule meeting, identify ho will meet and those have a telconf before hand to prepare
judy: I agree with Janina that the TF should take hold of the option to meet with the HTML5 Editors, and am concerned that the message to the list makes it look there is not that option... I'll reply.
<chaals> [With my chair hat off and my Yandex hat on, I don't mind the spec going through to CR with this, but believe we should raise the issue]
Judy: no option to block, but option to resolve it...
Janina: mostly have our ducks in a row
chaals: taking chair hat off.. no objection going to CR knowing this issue is there... but we should fix it in CR... no value in holding up CR or trying
Judy: There is an invitation from the HTML WG Co-Chairs to meet with the HTML Editors on the alt guidance bugs.
chaals: I can do that... organize it and be there...
<chaals> ACTION: chaals to organise meeting between co-chairs and HTML editors to see if we can peacefully resolve the alt text guidance issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-147 - Organise meeting between co-chairs and HTML editors to see if we can peacefully resolve the alt text guidance issue [on Charles McCathie Nevile - due 2012-11-22].
steverf: any movement on that... for 194... ted, do you have any feelings on that... definately interested... it's a 2 year cr period... should get time to do it at some point... but cannot commit
stevef: any further room to merge both proposals
ted: tried to get them as close as possible... worth trying... one proposal is better than 5...
johnf: i'm interested in seeing something happen... not immediately... but don't want to let it fall... will work with ted and Sylvia...
stevef: that would be great
johnf: will start thinking about it next week...
stevef: a month to get a broad view written down
janina: confused... 2 proposals, actually 3, was referred to plan 2014... our control on when and how to act... thought we'd publish each proposal as a working draft to see the uptake...
stevef: not really a good idea to have 2 almost identical proposals out there... better to get one going and bring in ideas of the other... but we need to get something...
steverf: summary... John interested in writing est sec based on his proposal... sylvia not interested... john interest in working with Ted to bring other prosal in
stevef: next step is ext spec from john
judy: how close is ted's to ext spec
ted: detail on each section
... i don't want to pick a due date... it would be fine if someone else did it... if the would collaborate afterwards when I have time.
johnf: concerned about getting bogged down in details of several specs
judy: new opportunity... to publish ext spec... can try to do the best we can with issues on the table... it would be really great if we can converge
ted: we did a lot of that... the 2 proposals are close, but basic differences in design... sceptical that we'll get much closer
judy: let's give it a shot..
<JF> ACTION: JF to do a summary of the 2 competing proposals for Issue 194 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-a11y-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-148 - Do a summary of the 2 competing proposals for Issue 194 [on John Foliot - due 2012-11-22].
<Stevef> RSSagent make minutes
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137 of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/me/Steve/ Succeeded: s/liona/leonie/ Succeeded: s/liona/leonie/ Succeeded: s/media/media, alt text, and canvas/ Succeeded: s/d't/don't/ Succeeded: s/goves/gives/ Succeeded: s/tlake/take/ Succeeded: s/beofre/before/ Succeeded: s/no/Judy: no/ Succeeded: s/vale/value/ Succeeded: s/chaarls/chaals/ FAILED: s/vale/value/ Succeeded: s/noing/knowing/ Succeeded: s/bsicd/basic d/ Succeeded: s/agree with Janina... noting what steve sent to list... tricky... on behalf of Phillipe I think there are some things that can go forward.. concerned about message that hit the list. invitation to talk with editors/I agree with Janina that the TF should take hold of the option to meet with the HTML5 Editors, and am concerned that the message to the list makes it look there is not that option... I'll reply./ Succeeded: s/invitation from HTML co-chairsa/There is an invitation from the HTML WG Co-Chairs to meet with the HTML Editors on the alt guidance bugs./ Found Scribe: Judy Inferring ScribeNick: Judy Found Scribe: David Inferring ScribeNick: David Scribes: Judy, David ScribeNicks: Judy, David Default Present: Janina, David_MacDonald, [IPcaller], Stevef, IanPouncey, +1.415.285.aaaa, hober, Judy, chaals, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger Present: Janina David_MacDonald [IPcaller] Stevef IanPouncey +1.415.285.aaaa hober Judy chaals Michael_Cooper Rich_Schwerdtfeger WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Found Date: 15 Nov 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-a11y-minutes.html People with action items: chaals jf[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]