W3C

WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force Teleconference

15 Nov 2012

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Shadi, Vivienne, Martijn, Detlev, Liz, Katie, Moe
Regrets
Kathy, Peter, Kostas, Tim, Alistair, Kerstin, Ramon, Detlev
Chair
Shadi
Scribe
Detlev

Contents


Detlev: is there a way to see results of the survey on sampling?

Shadi: can't cover the survey - Eric bein unwell and not attending

Katie: Shawns suggestions for numbering could be a topic

Some things in the introdiction were numbered and are not any more

Vivienne: We agreed at TPAC that the whole group should decide - can't do much without them

Shadi: We should summarise discussions and put to the group for decisions
... we are largely the same group now

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/f2f_TPAC

Shadi> summary of TPAC: 1. more technical detail oriented, how does WCAG-EM apply to web applications?

Shadi: there will be a higher density of functions, needs mirte testing of states etc, but otherwise it is similar - just the effort goes up
... we looked at sampleing / random and structured ampling - unsure about precise outcome

Shadi> impact of sample size, possibility of having complimentary random pages

Shadi: use case for random sampling: to counteract any biase that there might be
... main focus is good structured sampling, random sampleing an additional check

<Mike_Elledge> +1

Detlev: possiblz postpone summary, put main points in writing for people to look at so they can ask uestions

Shadi: Please read the minutes - need motre work on reporting templates

Thursday meeting

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/

Shadi .. of EOWG

Shadi> they are working on a "qucik check" - complimentary to our ork

Shadi: Next week there will be more exchange with EOWG
... agrees there should be a written summary

Vivienne: Shadi sent a summary of the EOWG minutes at TPAC
... Was there also a wrap-up the TPAC meeting as well?

Shadi: Shawn send minutes as well

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/2012/11/01-eo-minutes

Shadi: with bullet points summary - we should have them as well

Vivienne: agrees
... they have a summary at the top, then minutes

Shadi: We can do that as well
... Reg. survey on sampling - has it been filled out?

<scribe> done

<MartijnHoutepen> I filled it out

Shadi: should we reopen it?

<MoeKraft> If it is still open, I will fill it out. The deadline was 10/23 but the survey is still active.

Sarah: not clear when this went out

<MoeKraft> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RKHNVL6

Shadi: was sent out at 23 October, to respond before the Lyon meeting - some said this would be too quick - it seems to be still open
... problem that you can't see responses
... Constructed so that people can fill it out more than once if they have several roles
... resend msg with clear subkect line

will do

Shadi: unconfortable to staet new things without Eric present

Liz: should people who have no expreience in evaluation fill out the survey nevertheless?

Shadi: feel free nit to fill it out
... WOuld call it a day if no one else has issues

<Vivienne> I agree,let's leave it for now.

Shadi: next week will be difficult due to thanksgiving, may be cancelled
... another draft id due end of Dec
... there will be new surveys, disposition of comments, and editor draft to work on

<Mike_Elledge> Ciao! US participants will be in a food coma next Thursday, so perhaps postponing the next telcon might be wise...

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012-12-05 13:43:02 $