IRC log of wai-wcag on 2012-10-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:45:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:45:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc
19:45:16 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:45:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:45:18 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:45:18 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
19:45:19 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:45:19 [trackbot]
Date: 04 October 2012
19:45:23 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:45:42 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2012OctDec/0001.html
20:00:43 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:04 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:01:23 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:01:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P2 is Michael_Cooper
20:01:25 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:01:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Alex_Li
20:01:50 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li; got it
20:02:05 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:24 [MichaelC]
regrets: Cherie_Ekholm, Moe_Kraft
20:02:37 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:46 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:03:10 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:31 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:03:33 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
20:03:42 [David]
having trouble calling in
20:04:23 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:05:57 [Kathy]
Kathy has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:00 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:07 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen
20:06:47 [Zakim]
+Kathy
20:07:00 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:23 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:07:25 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:48 [Zakim]
+Robin_Tuttle
20:08:07 [MichaelC]
scribe: Ryladog
20:08:19 [Ryladog]
Meeting: WCAG 2
20:08:30 [Loretta]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20121004misc/results
20:08:55 [Ryladog]
Agenda 1
20:09:14 [Ryladog]
Zakim: Agenda 1
20:09:55 [Ryladog]
Scribe: Ryladog
20:10:19 [Ryladog]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
20:10:58 [robin]
robin has joined #wai-wcag
20:11:34 [Ryladog]
Agenda: Miscellaneous Issues for 04 Oct 2012
20:12:03 [Ryladog]
topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable" (copied from the survey header)
20:12:09 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
20:12:13 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:57 [Ryladog]
topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: real-time event
20:13:38 [Ryladog]
Alex: You make an assumption that the user is making a specific time and date
20:14:02 [Ryladog]
Alex: This specific example does does show a realtime event
20:14:39 [Ryladog]
Alex: These elements do not inform our readers that this is real world event
20:15:00 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden.a
20:15:07 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:15:15 [Ryladog]
Loretta: I think we have a misunderstanding of what is a real world event
20:15:24 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
20:16:07 [Ryladog]
Gregg: 'Whenever is multiplayer' is real time
20:16:18 [Ryladog]
Alex: I agree, but not all games
20:16:26 [Loretta]
\me Katie, you don't need to record the conversation (although you are welcome to)
20:16:30 [Ryladog]
Gregg: You could slow that one down
20:16:49 [Ryladog]
Gregg: If both sides have time to make the move, maybe there is no time element
20:17:12 [Ryladog]
Gregg: A single palyer game may have a begin and end time
20:17:53 [Ryladog]
Alex: We habe to define a real world event as something associated with a real time event, not in the physical world
20:18:30 [Ryladog]
Alex: Single player, and educational game, have no association withwhether itis a real time event or not
20:18:40 [Ryladog]
Gregg: So lets go back to that
20:19:18 [Ryladog]
Gregg: It says real world event and it should say time
20:19:28 [Ryladog]
Gregg: We morphed real time into real world
20:19:35 [Ryladog]
Gregg:Lets fix this
20:19:44 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:19:59 [Ryladog]
Gregg: A single player not linked to a rewal world TIME (not Event)
20:20:23 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:21:01 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:21:44 [AWK]
AWK has joined #wai-wcag
20:22:20 [Ryladog]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
20:22:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Kathy, Robin_Tuttle, Marc_Johlic, Gregg_Vanderheiden.a,
20:22:23 [Zakim]
... Bruce_Bailey (muted), Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:22:57 [Ryladog]
Loretta: hat about wall clock time?
20:24:27 [Ryladog]
Zakim, agenda+ WCAG2ICT proposal: real-time event
20:24:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
20:24:51 [Ryladog]
Gregg: Maybe the term WORLD should go away
20:25:18 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:29 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:25:48 [Ryladog]
Action Item: Gregg and Alex to re-write
20:25:48 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find Item. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/users>.
20:26:18 [adam]
zakim, IPcaller is adam_solomon
20:26:18 [Zakim]
+adam_solomon; got it
20:26:23 [Ryladog]
Zakim, agenda + WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:26:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
20:26:50 [MichaelC]
action: gregg to work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition
20:26:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-181 - Work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition [on Gregg Vanderheiden - due 2012-10-11].
20:27:00 [MichaelC]
topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:27:14 [Ryladog]
Zakim, ACTION gregg to work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition
20:27:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Ryladog
20:27:37 [Ryladog]
ACTION: gregg to work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition
20:28:11 [Ryladog]
Zakim, agenda + WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:28:11 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
20:34:34 [Ryladog]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
20:34:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Kathy, Robin_Tuttle, Marc_Johlic, Gregg_Vanderheiden.a,
20:34:37 [Zakim]
... Bruce_Bailey (muted), Andrew_Kirkpatrick, adam_solomon
20:38:02 [Ryladog]
* Michael, I have to stop scribing at 5pm (EST), will be on the phone only driving to a meeting
20:39:46 [Ryladog]
* Thanks sorry....:-(
20:48:58 [Ryladog]
Gregg: User-controllable was a poor choice of a name
20:49:08 [Ryladog]
Loretta: Lets wrap up
20:49:52 [Ryladog]
action: loretta, gregg, alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:49:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find loretta,. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/users>.
20:50:09 [Ryladog]
topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: Understanding 3.3.1
20:50:20 [Ryladog]
Zakim< topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: Understanding 3.3.1
20:50:29 [Ryladog]
Zakim, topic: WCAG2ICT proposal: Understanding 3.3.1
20:50:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Ryladog
20:50:47 [Ryladog]
Zakim, topic: WCAG2ICT proposal Understanding 3.3.1
20:50:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Ryladog
20:50:58 [Ryladog]
topic: WCAG2ICT proposal Understanding 3.3.1
20:51:34 [Ryladog]
Zakim, action: loretta, gregg, alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:51:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Ryladog
20:52:09 [Ryladog]
Zakim, action: loretta gregg and alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:52:09 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Ryladog
20:52:18 [Ryladog]
action: loretta gregg and alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable
20:52:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-182 - Gregg and alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2012-10-11].
20:53:43 [Ryladog]
topic:WCAG2ICT proposal Understanding 3.3.1
20:55:38 [Ryladog]
Amended Accepted as amended
20:55:42 [Ryladog]
topic: LC-2611 floated lists (e.g. horizontal menus) not covered in test of H48
21:00:20 [Ryladog]
* Michael, I have to stop now
21:00:40 [Ryladog]
* thanks
21:03:58 [jamesn]
q+ to say it shouldn't really be a list
21:05:53 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:07:15 [jamesn]
ack me
21:07:15 [Zakim]
jamesn, you wanted to say it shouldn't really be a list
21:12:02 [Loretta]
q?
21:12:09 [Loretta]
ack g
21:13:06 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/H48.html
21:15:30 [David]
<!DOCTYPE html>
21:15:32 [David]
<html>
21:15:33 [David]
<head>
21:15:35 [David]
<style type="text/css">
21:15:36 [David]
ul
21:15:38 [David]
{
21:15:39 [David]
float:left;
21:15:41 [David]
width:100%;
21:15:41 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden.a
21:15:42 [David]
padding:0;
21:15:44 [David]
margin:0;
21:15:45 [David]
list-style-type:none;
21:15:47 [David]
}
21:15:48 [David]
a
21:15:50 [David]
{
21:15:51 [David]
float:left;
21:15:53 [David]
width:6em;
21:15:54 [David]
text-decoration:none;
21:15:54 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:15:56 [David]
color:white;
21:15:57 [David]
background-color:purple;
21:16:00 [David]
padding:0.2em 0.6em;
21:16:01 [David]
border-right:1px solid white;
21:16:03 [David]
}
21:16:06 [David]
a:hover {background-color:#ff3300;}
21:16:08 [David]
li {display:inline;}
21:16:09 [David]
</style>
21:16:11 [David]
</head>
21:16:13 [David]
<body>
21:16:15 [David]
<ul>
21:16:17 [David]
<li><a href="#">Link one</a></li>
21:16:19 [David]
<li><a href="#">Link two</a></li>
21:16:21 [David]
<li><a href="#">Link three</a></li>
21:16:23 [David]
<li><a href="#">Link four</a></li>
21:16:25 [David]
</ul>
21:16:47 [AWK]
zakim, who's talking?
21:16:59 [Zakim]
AWK, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: Loretta_Guarino_Reid (12%), David_MacDonald (22%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (48%), adam_solomon (29%)
21:19:50 [MichaelC]
action: adam to provide new proposal for floated lists (H48)
21:19:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-183 - Provide new proposal for floated lists (H48) [on Adam Solomon - due 2012-10-11].
21:20:03 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
21:20:09 [MichaelC]
topic: SCR18: Providing client-side validation and alert
21:22:41 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to prepare a second example for SCR18 showing how to use a single onsubmit alert to report several validation errors in one go
21:22:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-184 - Prepare a second example for SCR18 showing how to use a single onsubmit alert to report several validation errors in one go [on Michael Cooper - due 2012-10-11].
21:22:47 [MichaelC]
leave open until action completed
21:23:16 [MichaelC]
topic: PDF3: Example 3 uses invalid terms
21:23:21 [MichaelC]
leave open
21:23:36 [MichaelC]
for AWK and Cherie to propose response
21:23:53 [MichaelC]
topic: Provide Technique(s) using PDF/UA
21:24:43 [Zakim]
-adam_solomon
21:25:33 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: accept as amended
21:26:29 [David]
zakim, who's noisy?
21:26:41 [Zakim]
David, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: James_Nurthen (64%), Kathy (46%), Andrew_Kirkpatrick (4%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (38%)
21:26:43 [MichaelC]
topic: H91: Example incorrect
21:29:51 [AWK]
David, are you also hearing the really painful scratchy noise on the line?
21:33:23 [MichaelC]
continue discussion next week
21:33:46 [jamesn]
zakim, who is noisy?
21:33:57 [Zakim]
jamesn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Michael_Cooper (4%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (5%), David_MacDonald (15%)
21:34:05 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:34:12 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:34:14 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:34:16 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:34:16 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:34:18 [Zakim]
-Kathy
21:34:22 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
21:34:26 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:37:19 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:39:34 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Bruce_Bailey, Michael_Cooper, Alex_Li, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Kathy, Gregg_Vanderheiden,
21:39:37 [Zakim]
... Robin_Tuttle, Marc_Johlic, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, adam_solomon
21:39:42 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:39:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-minutes.html MichaelC
21:39:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
21:39:45 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Michael_Cooper, Alex_Li, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Kathy,
21:39:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:39:48 [Zakim]
... Gregg_Vanderheiden, Robin_Tuttle, Marc_Johlic, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, adam_solomon
21:39:50 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Item to Gregg and Alex to re-write [1]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T20-25-48
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg to work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition [2]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T20-26-50
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg to work with alex to rewrite proposal on real-time event addition [3]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T20-27-37
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: loretta, gregg, alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable [4]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T20-49-52
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: loretta gregg and alex work on rewording WCAG2ICT proposal: user controllable [5]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T20-52-18
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: adam to provide new proposal for floated lists (H48) [6]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-50
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to prepare a second example for SCR18 showing how to use a single onsubmit alert to report several validation errors in one go [7]
21:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-22-41