HTML Weekly Teleconference

04 Oct 2012





<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 8 new commits to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/96740f80a71c...eecde263a708

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] TODO changes - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] Merge branch 'master' into heartbeat-201210 - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] change boilerplate settings - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 7 new commits to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/eecde263a708...26bc1ea65296

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] better generation; first batch of link checking fixes - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] list linking errors that still exist; fix copying of images - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] add entities-dtd.url boilerplate that can be inserted. NOTE: this may be better autogenerated - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 2 new commits to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/26bc1ea65296...a5b4393c9e63

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] need different copy operation for single file - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] new generation; all fixes included - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 2 new commits to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/a5b4393c9e63...fade20c05973

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] new errors; fix to the boilerplate code; exclusions to speed up checker - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] fix linking to index - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 1 new commit to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/ee2aa422b1957ba740d7856ffeec879640023658

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] proper exclusions; replace entities BP correctly; handle index.html cleanly - Robin Berjon

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 04 October 2012

<gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 2 new commits to heartbeat-201210: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/ee2aa422b195...191356c53970

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] support author spec generation - Robin Berjon

<gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] link to fonts - Robin Berjon

I can scribe

#1. ACTION items due by Thursday, October 4

one action item

ACTION-222: Create a preference poll for the appcache mailing list

<trackbot> ACTION-222 Create a preference poll for the appcache mailing list notes added

Need to sync back with Maciej - he has been busy with the 2014 plan


next up Task Force Reports

Testing Testing Task Force

We met as planned last week

Notes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Oct/0000.html

Need to have a place for html.next tests, need has arisen see bug #15042

<hober> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15042

We approved 256 Audio/Video tests that were submitted by Intel

We now have 11,898 approved tests

We should discuss at TPAC what type of implementation report is needed to enter CR

any questions?

Next, Accessibility Task Force

<janina> A small number of questions about 2014 and how this relates to the Accessibility Task Force

Still not settled on section 7.1 hidden in the html spec

How this related to the ARIA spec and intersects with HTML

Just had a good meeting, which the task force can close on this in a week

<paulc> I want to check with people

I want ot double check that the 204 issue will not block the heartbeat docs

<paulc> will this block the heartbeat docs or not?

<janina> Should be 'ok' presuming that what is their what we expect

<janina> a version after when the objetion was raised would be OK

<paulc> I'll send and email to make sure we are all in agreement and we don't get surprised with an objection

scribe: when we ask for consensus for the docs

Next Media Task Force Update

<paulc> To main points

A) Bug counts are flat

B) Both groups want to meet at the TPAC F2F meeting

Does anyone else want to add to this update?

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0238.html

Next 3. Other Business

rates go up on Oct 16th - 12 days!


<paulc> Let's create a wiki for F2F discussion topics

<paulc> I know of one other cross group meeting

No action needed, look for this on the list

Next up is Plan 2014

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/html5-2014-plan.html

Plan 2014 - Getting HTML to Recommendation in 2014 - Revised


<rubys> The task force may also create specifications that extend deliverables of the HTML Working Group, in the area of accessibility.

<rubys> The Accessibility Task Force will have decision authority over the contents of such extension specifications.

<rubys> Any such specifications will be considered jointly produced by the HTML Working Group and PFWG, for purposes of W3C Publication. This means that, as with any w3c joint task force deliverable, both Working Groups must approve transitions such as First Public Working Draft or Last Call.

<rubys> It also means that documents will create Patent Policy obligations in both groups. Members of either Working Group who have technical comments or objections on Task Force publications are expected to raise them in the context of the Task Force.

Any questions or comments on this propsed addition?

<rubys> No objections or comments from the group

no other comments on the 2014 Plan

Next - scribe for next meeting?

Rik will scribe the next meeting, thx!


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/10/04 16:22:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Nick/Rick/
Succeeded: s/Rick/Rik/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: krisk
Inferring Scribes: krisk

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: ACTION-222 Apple Barbara Cynthia_Shelly Eliot_ Janina Judy Lachy Lachy_ MFoladare MartinSoukup MichaelC Microsoft P24 P35 Philip Radhika_Roy Sam Stevef aaaa aabb aacc abarsto cabanier darobin davidb ddorwin dsinger erikadoyle gavin gitbot hober https icaaq jarek jaymunro jet karl krisk miketaylr mjs nonge__ paulc plh rubys shepazu tantek tinkster trackbot victor
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0000.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 04 Oct 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/10/04-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]