See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 19 September 2012
<janina> Meeting: IndieUI Task Force telecon
<andy> trying to get on - I hate this sip client
<janina> Andy, talk with me off line about sip clients.
<scribe> scribe: dmazzoni
JES: top item - Michael, any news on the repository and tracker, any bugs?
MC: everything's working
JES: James, any update on the drafts?
JC: Checked in. Not at a point where I need feedback, but always welcome of course.
MC: I'm not seeing them in Mercurial? Nevermind, looks like my problem
JS: any questions, comments, anyone? Next topic
<jcraig> FYI, this Mercurial tutorial by Joel Spolsky is especially useful http://hginit.com
JS: We planned to canvas task force participants to see if there's a better time for this meeting to accomodate Asia and Australia at least sometimes
<MichaelC> Meeting time poll
JS: I think we can announce it in
email, but Michael can also post it to IRC
... Any questions on this poll?
... There are two W3C working groups that constitute this task force. The other one is Web Events. From the web accessibility side, we formed a new working group there.
... The Indie UI task force is made up of members of the WAI Indie UI working group and Web Events.
JC: So some people who participate on these calls are not members of the WAI Indie UI working group?
JS: Correct, they might be members of Web Events
MC: The intellectual property belongs to the Indie UI working group. Web Events considers that overlaps its charter.
JS: An organizational telecon for members of the WAI Indie UI working group (which isn't everyone) will meet on Oct 10. This shouldn't happen very often. However, if there are disagreements it's possible for that group to caucus on its own. When there's consensus there shouldn't be much need for that.
JC: What about meeting time at TPAC?
JS: Not planning on it, but planning for the task force to meet.
JS: So, how to we want to capture
this list of features / items that we want to develop
specifications for, other than going through the minutes?
... Michael and I developed 4 specific ideas that might be a good starting point.
MC: Just a second...
... 1. wiki scratchpad, 2. copy spec into the wiki, allow editing, 3. allow members to edit branches in Hg, 4. find a tool that tracks resolutions
<MichaelC> perhaps a wiki scratchpad of features
<MichaelC> or copy of spec in wiki to edit as proposals
<MichaelC> or have members edit Mercurial branches to make proposals
<MichaelC> or track resolutions
MC: to clarify 4, track "RESOLUTION" in IRC meeting logs to track what we decided
AH: is the only difference the output?
MC: clarifies some differences about the processes
JC: my preference would be to
track resolutions and issues and actions
... If things are not controversial, the editor can just add them, otherwise we can discuss
<andy> `zakim, q+ andy
JC: I also like the Mercurial idea for later, after the edits have settled a bit
AH: expresses agreement
<andy> zakiim, q+ andy
MC: the wiki can still be a place to make proposals, then the editor can copy to trunk
<andy> just q_ then ?
<Zakim> jcraig, you wanted to discuss using wiki pages for individual issues, rather than whole spec edits
JC: I propose we keep wiki pages to one page per issue / change proposal, as opposed to having one giant wiki page - too hard to track otherwise
JS: sounds reasonable
... are we confident that everything is captured in either the spec or a tracker?
JC: just actions in the tracker so far, what about ideas for ideas from one from Andy, one from Joseph
JS: we need to track everything, stop relying on our memories
<jcraig> ACTION: jcraig to incorporate Andy Heath's proposal into User Context spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/19-indie-ui-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-11 - Incorporate Andy Heath's proposal into User Context spec [on James Craig - due 2012-09-26].
AH: credit Rich with that proposal as well
<jcraig> ACTION: jcraig to incorporate group change proposal (sent in and formatted by Joseph) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/19-indie-ui-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-12 - Incorporate group change proposal (sent in and formatted by Joseph) [on James Craig - due 2012-09-26].
JC: Should we use a public
tracker? This tracker requires a W3C account
... Should be sufficient if the public can view, not edit
JS: And we have email to capture comments from anyone
<MichaelC> the IndieUI tracker is in public space and doesn't require account to view
<MichaelC> does require to edit (since you have to be member of group)
<clown> "Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure"
AH: I've been asked to liase
between ISO SC36 and this group
... Building a registry that anyone can use. The preferences that Rich and I proposed are going into that registry.
... ISO SC36 (?) is standardizing the registry. There may be terms coming out of this group that could go into this registry
... ISO SC35 (user interfaces) also includes accessibility; the world wants one standard so I hope we can harmonize
JS: ISO SC36?
AH: ISO SC36 is for learning and education, historically - but not education-specific
Joseph: what exactly goes in the registry?
AH: an example term that might go
in the registry is "visual"
... doesn't distinguish between needs and preferences. I'll point everyone to the wiki
JS: What is a liaison? Should we nominate one to SC36?
<jcraig> Andy/Rich proposal (DOCX) archived here: http://www.w3.org/mid/501A402B.firstname.lastname@example.org
JS: (restating AH): so, raise flag when they notice an inconsistency between proposals in the two groups
AH: one last announcement: access4all 3 is out
JS: thanks. we didn't get to use cases, but we will next time.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/MC: What/JC: What/ Succeeded: s/the Mercurial idea/the Mercurial idea for later, after the edits have settled a bit/ Found Scribe: dmazzoni Inferring ScribeNick: dmazzoni Default Present: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Dominic, jcraig, Janina, James_Craig, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Andy_Heath, Cooper Present: Katie_Haritos-Shea Dominic jcraig Janina James_Craig Joseph_Scheuhammer Andy_Heath Cooper Found Date: 19 Sep 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/09/19-indie-ui-minutes.html People with action items: jcraig[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]