See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 19 July 2012
<scribe> scribe: Arle Lommel
<scribe> Meeting: MLW-LT Phone call 19, July, 2012, 14:00. UTC
Dave: We will prioritize by two
things: (1) what needs to be done to the current version of the
document (July 26);
... (2) Agreement on all data categories/call for consensus (end of month)
... (3) If time, what we do next month.
Olaf-Michael: Can please add to list of regrets for previous meeting.
<scribe> ACTION: Dave to add Olaf-Michael to regrets. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to add Olaf-Michael to regrets. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-170 - Add Olaf-Michael to regrets. [on David Lewis - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: Deadline for changes was
... I was going to go through them one by one.
Arle: There is a lot remaining to be done.
Dave: queryLanguage needs to be handled. Jirka was supposed to do this.
Arle: I can create the queryLanguage examples, just not the technical specification.
Dave: There were some general points about XPath links and HTML5.
Arle: queryLanguage would support an arbitrary XML structure with CSS.
Dave: Check the links in HTML5 on the list to see what it was.
<scribe> ACTION: Arle to verify what HTML5 and links refers to. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-171 - Verify what HTML5 and links refers to. [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-07-26].
Shaun: External Resource, locale
filter and ?? are mine.
... External resource is in. I've added locale filter, but not all examples.
... preserve space, I only got feedback from Jirka.
Dave: Let's come back. There's
more on that. Anything that wasn't in this version could go in
the next. Preserve space may be on the border.
... Shaun, can you add examples for locale filter?
<scribe> ACTION: shaunm to add examples by tomorrow. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - shaunm
<scribe> ACTION: Shaun to add examples by tomorrow. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Add examples by tomorrow. [on Shaun McCance - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: domain data category, I
reviewed, and have some comments.
... We want to confirm that you are happy with domain, Yves.
Yves: Yes, I am.
Dave: I have some comments, but
Felix addressed them.
... I do have some questions on overriding behavior, but I think we can say this one is done.
... Those three are there, or nearly there. We also wanted idValue. This is Jirka's action.
<scribe> ACTION: Jirka to update group on current status of idValue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-173 - Update group on current status of idValue. [on Jirka Kosek - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: The question is how much can make it in versus how much goes to the next version.
Shaun: What about its parameters?
Yves: I was supposed to work on this.
Dave: Can this be done by
... Let's have a quick discussion with Felix on Monday to review the current content.
<scribe> ACTION: Felix to discuss with Arle and Dave about current document status on Monday. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-174 - Discuss with Arle and Dave about current document status on Monday. [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: For other ones we need more
discussion and probably won't make it in this version. Others
... We can only go with the content we have.
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to contact Jirka before Monday for update on his actions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-175 - Contact Jirka before Monday for update on his actions. [on David Lewis - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: We need to push the other
ones forward through call for consensus by end of July.
... Target pointer. Yves, what feedback did you get?
Yves: I think everything is fine now.
Dave: Do we have text and examples?
Yves: Yes, it's there, and it's ready to pick up. idValue seems to be in the same state.
Dave: can you post it to the list
as a reminder, Yves?
... Should we try to put target pointer in this version.
Yves: Yes, I don't see why not.
<scribe> ACTION: Arle to get targetPointer text from Yves and add to spec. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-176 - Get targetPointer text from Yves and add to spec. [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-07-26].
<Yves_> the text for idValue is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0045.html
Dave: Next is qaError. Turned into discussion about reference mechanism.
Yves: We had a two-hour meeting earlier today. Can we summarize?
<Yves_> the text for target pointer is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0186.html
Arle: Summary: We are looking at a mix of inline markups and pointers.
Dave: What about user-defined values and registration.
<philr> For quality we want to support both a light-weight, shallow parse set of data inline plus more extensible externally referenced method
Arle: The idea is to declare certain enumerated top-level items and then have an option for user-defined things.
Phil: I will share some examples
of an implementation we've done in-house and then try to see
how we would map them to ITS to see how we would approach
... We want to support the light-weight inline model + the more extensive referenced model.
... That supports certain rendering requirements.
Dave: Who will create the call for consensus?
Phil: Arle, Yves, and I will meet with Felix.
Arle: I think we are close to consensus, but Felix will be the question.
Dave: It sounds like this is on
... Also consider ISSUE-34, on quality with relation to Interoperability Now!.
Arle: We've got Quality Note, but
we also have Quality Profile, which defines what you're
... We have a clean semantic distinction between them now.
Dave: Let's discuss preserve space.
<philr> qualityProfile is the criteria against which content is measured
<philr> qualityNote is the result of carrying out a check using the aulityProfile
Shaun: I have feedback only from Jirka. I sent the call for consensus and am just waiting for feedback and support.
Dave: So it uses CSS.
Shaun: We shouldn't address this in the spec. It could be done in a separate tool, but there are ways to comply with the spec that don't require us to do anything at all.
Dave: We have the call for consensus, and if nothing else, can you do the examples by Monday and out next week?
<scribe> ACTION: Shaun to draft text for preserve space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-177 - Draft text for preserve space [on Shaun McCance - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: I'm working on provenance.
No feedback. I think it needs a bit more work. There are two
parts: (1) agents that perform translation or authoring
(simple, with identifiers); (2) open-ended provenance approach
to integrate with Provenance working group.
... Both are different angles on provenance, but there is no dependency between them. I'll treat them separately for the spec by early next week, but it will be for the next version to allow for feedback.
... Then there are the ones that Tadej deals with: text analytics, disambiguation, and named entity.
Tadej: I put out a call for consensus on named entity. People seemed happy. I haven't put out a call on the other pieces. I need to come up with a nice writeup that incorporates Felix's feedback. Tomorrow or early next week should be a good time for a call for consensus.
Dave: Sounds good. If they go through OK, they will be in the next version.
Tadej: I structured them to allow for easy incorporation.
Dave: Thanks to all for your
work. We're looking healthy.
... One thing, I'm not clear what the date is for the next release. The cut-off is this month, but then we need another round of editing and review, catching anything missing from this version.
... Any other ones people wanted to push forward? I don't encourage it (we have a good list).
... Let's discuss the date next week.
... I imagine it will be end of August, given what's going on.
... Then we move to make sure the proposals work, start testing.
... I posted a response to Felix about the test suite. He did good work based on the ITS 1.0 test suite. We need to add the new categories and add support for HTML5. We'll have documents based on 1.0 with new support for 2.0 in mid-August.
<omstefanov> What is date of Prague meeting? And is there a link somewhere at w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/ about it?
Dave: How do we sign off on the test suite?
Arle: Olaf, it is 25–26 September
Dave: Yves, any idea on the process for signing off, being sure that the files are correct tests. I don't want to have people do testing with a defective suite.
Yves: Some of this is complex. I don't know if it's doable for all data categories.
Dave: Leroy and Dominic will start work with the 1.0 suite and test it for the 1.0 tags and then update it for HTML. Then we would try to use the same approach for the new ones, then we'd see what issues we hit and try to solve them as a group.
<omstefanov> I see the date at http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming but there is no further information (link) there, about where and when. Who is hosting? Timing (e.g. do we need to arrive the evening before)?
Yves: Some of the Linguaserve stuff will be very difficult to test automatically.
Dave: We'll discuss this all here
and see what we can get out ASAP. That will help us hit
problems as soon as possible.
... But nailing down data categories complicates it.
<scribe> ACTION: Dave to start discussion about Prague meeting and put on agenda by next week. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action11]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to start discussion about Prague meeting and put on agenda by next week. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action12]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-178 - Start discussion about Prague meeting and put on agenda by next week. [on David Lewis - due 2012-07-26].
Dave: One related item is about
having CNGL do a demo at the LRC meeting in Limerick, to show
CMS and TMS integration.
... It would show translate, provenance, named entity, and one other.
... I will meet to discuss next week.
... Maybe we make this more open to show other implementations if there is interest.
... We don't know dates yet, but will discuss next week.
<philr> It looks like I'll be going to Loc. World
Dave: David Filip has also
discussed FEISGILLT. Anyone going to Seattle could show a demo.
Contact me or David.
... Showing a few implementations would really help promote our efforts.
Arle: I should go too.
Olaf-Michael: I think that
international organizations are paragraphs about what you would
show at FEISGILLT and CNGL, because then maybe some NGO reps
could attend and see where you are going.
... These organizations could send people but need to know about it. I will help draft something.
<scribe> ACTION: omstefanov to help draft blurb for international organizations. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action13]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - omstefanov
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to work with Olaf-Michael to help draft blurb for international organizations. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action14]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-179 - Work with Olaf-Michael to help draft blurb for international organizations. [on David Lewis - due 2012-07-26].
Olaf-Michael: I see my role in building awareness and helping promote.
Dave: I'll keep Arle and Felix in the loop on this.
rssagent, generate minutes
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/one/done/ No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: Arle Found Scribe: Arle Lommel WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Arle Dave Des DomJones Michael Olaf-Michael Phil Shaun Tadej Yves Yves_ daveL joined left leroy mlw-lt omstefanov philr shaunm trackbot You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0216.html Found Date: 19 Jul 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/07/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html People with action items: arle dave davel felix jirka omstefanov shaun shaunm[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]